Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

I PICKUP MY NEW 530i TONIGHT!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 10:15 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Current: 2000 Oriental Blue 528i, Steptronic, Beige Leather Interior Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, CD Changer Awaiting Delivery: 2005 530i, Titanium Gray with Black Leather, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, NAV, Xenon, SAT Radio, Aux Input, Euro Reflectors
Wink

Yes!

Old 03-17-2005, 10:18 AM
Members

Where did you get yours? Got mine from Knauz (in Lake Bluff).
Old 03-17-2005, 10:21 AM
Members

My Ride: Current: 2000 Oriental Blue 528i, Steptronic, Beige Leather Interior Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, CD Changer Awaiting Delivery: 2005 530i, Titanium Gray with Black Leather, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, NAV, Xenon, SAT Radio, Aux Input, Euro Reflectors

Originally Posted by jenny' date='Mar 17 2005, 02:18 PM
Where did you get yours?? Got mine from Knauz (in Lake Bluff).
[snapback]102936[/snapback]
Perillo in downtown Chicago.... I had gotten my 2000 from them and they called me out of the blue and made me a trade-in, trade-up offer I couldnt refuse... Went to Fields in Northfield and they wouldn't deal at all. Knauz was too far away to drive from downtown so I never hit them up.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:26 AM
Members

I went to Perillo too and they were just not very nice to me. I think they saw a woman in jeans and t-shirt and thought I was just there to window shop or something. They wouldnt even seriously talk to me. Kinda weird, actually. Fields was the same experience as you probably. They will not discount from MSRP.

Incidentally, I stopped by Fields (Northfield) on my way to work this morning and inquired about upgrading to 16.2 for iDrive. They said that they are expecting to get the software either today (or the very latest Monday).

See if yours is updated with the new software (if not, maybe you can have them upgrade it for free without any hassle). I had to make up an excuse (i.e., bluetooth problem, as suggested by one of the boys in this forum) to get the upgrade for free. Otherwise, they'll charge me.

Congratulations, by the way.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:45 AM
Members

Originally Posted by jenny' date='Mar 17 2005, 02:26 PM
I went? to Perillo too and they were just not very nice to me.? I think they saw a woman in jeans and t-shirt and thought I was just there to window shop or something.? They wouldnt even seriously talk to me.? Kinda weird, actually.? Fields was the same experience as you probably.? They will not discount from MSRP.?

Incidentally, I stopped by Fields (Northfield) on my way to work this morning and inquired about upgrading to 16.2 for iDrive.? They said that they are expecting to get the software either today (or the very latest Monday).?

See if yours is updated with the new software (if not, maybe you can have them upgrade it for free without any hassle).? I had to make up an excuse (i.e., bluetooth problem, as suggested by one of the boys in this forum) to get the upgrade for free.? Otherwise, they'll charge me.

Congratulations, by the way.
[snapback]102939[/snapback]
Sorry to hear Perillo wasnt nice Jenny. I have heard that from others too, but I cant complain honestly about the service I have received.

I know mine only has 15.2. I spoke to the service foreman today and he confirmed. Perillo is checking on the date they will have the next release. Before I sign the paper tonight, I am going to get them to commit to giving me the free update to 16.2 when they get it.

It's funny because when I talk to them and ask about things like the sw version or the aux input or changing the voice in-car from male to female (sorry I am a sucker for soft feminine voices - dont want a guy's voice telling me "Right turn in 100 feet" - LOL), I feel like I am the first person to ever ask detailed questions and they look at me like a deer in headlights. Thank god I found this board!
Old 03-17-2005, 02:49 PM
Senior Members

don't forget to post some pics after .
Old 03-17-2005, 05:00 PM
Members

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Mar 17 2005, 06:49 PM
don't forget to post some pics after .
[snapback]103055[/snapback]
I just got home with it... will take some pics and post on the Discussion forum tomorrow... And change my sig to remove awaiting delivery!!

Aux works perfectly. And the female voice for NAV is much better than the guy!

DIGI
Old 03-17-2005, 05:04 PM
Members

And I am stilling trying to figure out why this post was moved to Dealer Service and Purchasing... Jenny asked a dealer ? so I answered. The intention of the post was to say Yippee! cuz I was so happy to get my new car, so thats why I put it on discussion forum and not here.... oh well.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:35 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by DIGISPY' date='Mar 17 2005, 04:00 PM
[quote name='alohalc' date='Mar 17 2005, 06:49 PM']don't forget to post some pics after .
[snapback]103055[/snapback]
I just got home with it... will take some pics and post on the Discussion forum tomorrow... And change my sig to remove awaiting delivery!!

Aux works perfectly. And the female voice for NAV is much better than the guy!

DIGI
[snapback]103105[/snapback]
[/quote]
can't wait to see the pics . your avatar is cool .
Old 03-18-2005, 03:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i, Jet Black, Black Leather, Automatic, Cold Weather, Sirius Prep and Radio, Premium Package, Xenon Lights.

My car is in right now at Motorwerks. I am expecting the 16.2 upgrade today. Will post my results when I get my car back!!

Quick Reply: I PICKUP MY NEW 530i TONIGHT!!!!