Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

I got a VIN!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 07:08 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: on order:06 530xi orient blue, gray leather, premium package, cold weather package, HUD, steptronic, shades, PDC, active cruise, heated rear seats, split rear seats, illuminated sills, wood/leather selector

Owners Circle gave me a VIN for the first time! After reading about their info lag time I figure I'm probably in production not just scheduled.

Sweeet won't have the only Orient Blue xi in CT for long.

The wait is getting tougher and tougher.
Old 06-03-2005, 07:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 Limo with M-Sport package(m5 mirrors,m5 trunk finisher,m172 summer wheels,blk front grills,m5 paddle shift kit(my530i),m pedal covers,m floor mats, E87 2005 The Misses car E39 2002 Touring with M-Sport package/family wagon(gone but not forgotten)

get your dealer to give you a production code so you can follow your cars progress!
Regards, Berlin.BMER
Old 06-03-2005, 08:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: on order:06 530xi orient blue, gray leather, premium package, cold weather package, HUD, steptronic, shades, PDC, active cruise, heated rear seats, split rear seats, illuminated sills, wood/leather selector

Originally Posted by Berlin.BMER' date='Jun 3 2005, 11:41 AM
get your dealer to give you a production code so you can follow your cars progress!
Regards, Berlin.BMER
[snapback]135830[/snapback]
Well I called the 800 number and they said the estimated completion date is June 13th. The dealer call is next.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:19 AM
NES
Members

Boy I know how your feeling... My 530xi is on its way (presently on the Jingu Maru) and scheduled to set foot on US soil tomorrow. I should have it next week sometime.

Is it only me or does the orient blue 530xi (the only xi pics I seen on here so far from members) look as if its raised a heck of a lot? Should I be worried? Im going to put 19" Style 128 wheels but doesnt it look as if its raised just a bit too much?
Old 06-03-2005, 12:03 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525Xi, premium package, premium sound, steptronic, bi-xenon adaptive lights, PDC, rear sun shade, rear heating, cold weather package.

Originally Posted by NES' date='Jun 3 2005, 02:19 PM
Boy I know how your feeling... My 530xi is on its way (presently on the Jingu Maru) and scheduled to set foot on US soil tomorrow.? I should have it next week sometime.?

Is it only me or does the orient blue 530xi (the only xi pics I seen on here so far from members) look as if its raised a heck of a lot?? Should I be worried? Im going to put 19" Style 128 wheels but doesnt it look as if its raised just a bit too much?
[snapback]135872[/snapback]

NES, how did you track your shipping dates ?
Old 06-03-2005, 01:14 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i - Sport - 6spd - Orient Blue with Auburn/Anthracite

My longing was satisfied last week with the delivery of my Orient Blue/Auburn 530i. Try to enjoy the anticipation, because I'm pretty sure you're going to love the reality of driving that car!

Cheers, Jon.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Orient Blue/Auburn/Popular Wood Trim*Steptronic*NAV* Cold Weather Package*Rear Sunshades*Rear Side AirBags*Rear Heated Seats*Fold Down Rear Seats*Sport Package*Premium Sound*HUD*SAT Radio*

Originally Posted by drfd18' date='Jun 3 2005, 11:08 AM
Owners Circle gave me a VIN for the first time!? After reading about their info lag time I figure I'm probably in production not just scheduled.?

Sweeet won't have the only Orient Blue xi in CT for long.

The wait is getting tougher and tougher.
[snapback]135808[/snapback]

I got my VIN yesterday and called the 800 number today. They said my estimated date of completion should be June 10th. Any one know how long of a wait before it gets to the East Coast?

My wife and I had been talking as how we have not seen any Orient Blue/ Aubrn 545's, sure enough we saw 2 of them on the way to work on the Westside Highway in NYC. One was from CT so I won't see him in NJ. Then I get to the parking lot and I notice one of the other regulars in a 530 with the same color combo. I guess there alot more of us then I thought.

The wait is killing me!!!!!
Old 06-03-2005, 03:08 PM
NES
Members

I was in your shoes just two weeks ago, so I know how your feeling. For me its getting close now, but anxiousness at this point is the worst.

Anyhow, I found out through the forums and numerous posts about how you could track your car.

-~- Call your dealer and get a production # or even better a VIN#.

-~- If your dealer only knows a production #, then go to BMW Owners Circle, register and check frequently till your car's VIN shows up, or you can call your dealer periodically as well.

-~- Dial 1-800-831-1117 and check your production status for a more up to date status. When it says your car is "awaiting transport" or even better "en route", then hang up and perform the next step.

-~- Click here and input your VIN under AUTO CARGO. This is the shipping company BMW uses to transport their cars from the factory to the VPC. This website will tell you information that you can use, such as: VESSEL NAME, DEPARTURES, ARRIVALS, ETC... Kepp on checking the site though because they are a bit delayed in updating. It took the site (WW) 3 days to update for my car to show up in their systems.

-~- Then if you want to go even further, and even though you already know the date your car is on US soil, you can do one better. Click here and go input the ships name you found from the previous site. Now you can track the ship your car is on via a map. Pretty Cool! Of course your dealer knows more info, so dont leave him out of the picture.

Hope I helped. I posted my way into learning this from other members. Now I can pass this on myself. Oh, Last but not least, all this information is pretty much also in the FAQ. Thanks e60.net!!
Old 06-04-2005, 07:40 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

Thank You NES!

very useful post, with all the links & numbers to check!

You get a gold star for the day!
Old 06-22-2005, 08:32 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

we should create 1 seperate post & sticky it with ONLY tracking information ... especially for all the different carriers.

mine is being transported by K-LINE ... ship is called ANDES HIGHWAY & can carry a max of 2500 vehicles. i couldn't find tracking info on their site, and the ships call sign hasn't reported back yet.

arrivale for the ship at port according to the dealers info is the 7/04/2005, it was loaded up on 6/20/05