Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

I got the MY2005 ordering guide for the US 545i

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 10:38 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Iceman, did you have to order the headlight cleaning system seperately since did not order the package? I guess would be able to order them and the heated steering wheel with the ventilated seats to get all the pieces of the Cold weather package.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

The headlight washers are standard with the xenons.

Over here in Germany there are no such packages, we have to choose every single option.
But when you order Xenons, you automatically have the headlight washers.
Like the seat heaters are standard when you get leather.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:57 AM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Jul 8 2004, 01:43 PM
The headlight washers are standard with the xenons.
I don't think so. I have no head light washers and have never needed. I use Rain-X sometimes, but other than a few bugs, the lights stay clean.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:57 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Lomag' date='Jul 8 2004, 09:27 AM
Whoa! If you get the sports package you can replace the sport seats with the comfort seats for no charge! The comfort seats used to have to be ordered seperately and cost $1200.00 I believe.

Ah well! Atleast BMW finally did the right thing. I'll write them a letter to ship me the front sport seats I paid for and didn't receive. LOL? ? In all seriousness I should call BMWNA and request a $1200.00 refund. Anyone feel the same? I'm not usually one to be a penny pincher but this issue has bugged me since the beginning!

Grrrr!!?
Hey Mark,

Although I would like to think that the comfort seats are a no cost option (substitution) on the Sport Package, I don't actually know if that is the case.

The exact wording is: "456 is an alternative option to 481 when ordered with ZSP". It does say "alternative option", but it could still be an option at additional cost, like it was in 2004.

I hope that you are right and I am wrong

rodybmw
Old 07-08-2004, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JDN' date='Jul 8 2004, 08:57 PM
[quote name='Iceman' date='Jul 8 2004, 01:43 PM'] The headlight washers are standard with the xenons.
I don't think so. I have no head light washers and have never needed. I use Rain-X sometimes, but other than a few bugs, the lights stay clean. [/quote]
JDN, are you sure you have Xenons ?
I know for sure it is standard on Xenons in Germany.
Old 07-08-2004, 11:04 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by RichReg' date='Jul 8 2004, 07:25 AM
What about the new engine upgrades?????????
Any word from your dealer on that?

R.R.
There is no engine information on the options sheets, but even if there were it would not be on this sheet since it is only for the 545i. Same reason that they don't list Leatherette (not available on 545's). My dealer said that they should be getting more info shortly, including pricing. He was not sure whether the new Valvetronic I6's would be available from SOP in September or sometime later in the next few months.

rodybmw
Old 07-08-2004, 11:11 AM
Senior Members

No more shadow line trim?
Old 07-08-2004, 11:14 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Jul 8 2004, 01:01 PM
[quote name='JDN' date='Jul 8 2004, 08:57 PM'] [quote name='Iceman' date='Jul 8 2004, 01:43 PM'] The headlight washers are standard with the xenons.
I don't think so. I have no head light washers and have never needed. I use Rain-X sometimes, but other than a few bugs, the lights stay clean. [/quote]
JDN, are you sure you have Xenons ?
I know for sure it is standard on Xenons in Germany.[/quote]
I think I read somewhere a few years ago that headlight washers and self leveling systems were required by law in Germany (Europe) for Xenons (since dirty headlights can distort the light beam and project them on the eyes of the opposing drivers, and with bright Xenons they did not want that to happen). However, this is not required in the US. BMW still includes the leveling system on Xenons here in the US, but not necessarily the headlight washers.

rodybmw
Old 07-08-2004, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rodybmw' date='Jul 8 2004, 09:14 PM
I think I read somewhere a few years ago that headlight washers and self leveling systems were required by law in Germany (Europe) for Xenons (since dirty headlights can distort the light beam and project them on the eyes of the opposing drivers, and with bright Xenons they did not want that to happen). However, this is not required in the US. BMW still includes the leveling system on Xenons here in the US, but not necessarily the headlight washers.

rodybmw
What you say about Germany is true.
I didn't knew about the laws in the US, but I thought BMW would do it the same. Because we have that law for a reason, so it is also safety relevant in other countrys, even when it's not required by law.
However, my bad...
Old 07-08-2004, 11:50 AM
Senior Members

Rudy I'm with mrbelk, I think the correct interpretation is the SMG is not avail. wihout ZSP - otherwise no one else would be able to order ZSP and BMW would loose major $$.
Lomag - I'm like you I ordered comfort seats with my ZSP. I suspect 2005 is the same as 2004 - the sports seats come with the ZSP but the comfort seats are a substitution for $1200. If what you say is true then I'll hit my CA up for $1200 prior to signing my buyers order for my yet to be delivered end of the MY 2004 545 .

Quick Reply: I got the MY2005 ordering guide for the US 545i