Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

I got it 'HER'!! ;)

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 07:31 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finally got my car & thought i'd share my veiws.

It's so beautiful! The car at the dealership looked so big. It is a big car, a never realised how big.

The handover went ok - i dont like bmw dealership attitude. seem so arrogant. Mercedes customer service has always been first class. anyways enough of that..

The car is soo smooth. The beige fusion leather is Fantastic!!! I really cant tell its not leather. looks great! Dark maple trim is nice. The steering is fairly light but precise.

Throttle response - hmmmm the car does feel quite tight at the moment. but at the lights it doesnt seem very impressive. :'( 50-70mph is good though, fair bit of grunt. not alot of pull in the lower rpm's. After the cars run in a bit I will get the car remapped by DMS and i cant wait for that!

The 17's look good. Need to let the suspension set as it seems quite high.

The boot is HUGE! Will get a big sub in there soon.

The HiFi sound is ok, i expected more bass output from under the seats. I guess i expected a bit much.

All in all am very happy!

Thanks to all you guys that have shared your knowledge and advice. Have learnt alot!

Will get some pics soon.

Old 04-01-2006, 08:05 AM
Members

Congratulations! Glad the wait is over for you.

Have you got any 'run in' advice from either the dealer or other forum members? I'm due to pick up my 520d (with 116's) in about 10 weeks and would like to know the best way of loosening up the engine without recking it.

Look forward to your pictures. I'd really appreciate it if they included a shot of the 116's from an angle. What made you go for the 116's? Any tips on how we can keep them clean?!

Take good care of her!
Old 04-01-2006, 08:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Congrats Singh, enjoy!
Old 04-01-2006, 09:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

Congrats!!! Do you have any pics??
Old 04-01-2006, 09:05 AM
Contributors

Congrats!!
Old 04-01-2006, 09:27 AM
Members

No - dealer gave no run in advice

Trying to follow the normal manual procedure - dont go past 90mph dont use kickdown and dont rev her past 3-4000rpm for the first 1000 miles. The brakes did smell a fair bit after seeing her potential (a lil). just so tempting to floor it and see how she responds.

I have done 40 odd miles just driving around town for nothing, cant wait to go somewhere for a purpose lol!

Here are some quick pics.

Old 04-01-2006, 10:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Thanks for the pics.

Really classy looking ride you got there!
Old 04-01-2006, 10:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Singh' post='263360' date='Apr 1 2006, 11:31 AM
I finally got my car & thought i'd share my veiws.

It's so beautiful! The car at the dealership looked so big. It is a big car, a never realised how big.

The handover went ok - i dont like bmw dealership attitude. seem so arrogant. Mercedes customer service has always been first class. anyways enough of that..

The car is soo smooth. The beige fusion leather is Fantastic!!! I really cant tell its not leather. looks great! Dark maple trim is nice. The steering is fairly light but precise.

Throttle response - hmmmm the car does feel quite tight at the moment. but at the lights it doesnt seem very impressive. :'( 50-70mph is good though, fair bit of grunt. not alot of pull in the lower rpm's. After the cars run in a bit I will get the car remapped by DMS and i cant wait for that!

The 17's look good. Need to let the suspension set as it seems quite high.

The boot is HUGE! Will get a big sub in there soon.

The HiFi sound is ok, i expected more bass output from under the seats. I guess i expected a bit much.

All in all am very happy!

Thanks to all you guys that have shared your knowledge and advice. Have learnt alot!

Will get some pics soon.

We are very happy for you. Congratulations.
Old 04-01-2006, 12:27 PM
Senior Members

congrats! welcome to the e60 experience.
Old 04-01-2006, 12:43 PM
Members

My Ride: Titanium Silver 2004 525i, style 116 alloys,

I LOVE that interior!!