Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

I got it!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 10:58 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d Eccelsa, 05 2005 (built 12-04), sapphireblack, beige dakota leather, electric seats, poplar wood trim, sport suspension, 124 style 18" alloys, differentiated f/r runflat tyres, steptronic, adaptive light control, bi-xenon, BMW PRO nav, cd, cd changer, electric-foldable and automatic antidazzle rear mirrors, automatic antidazzle internal rear mirror, adjustable central armrest, BT, Hifi Professional LOGIC7 , extended functions aircon, full lighting package, green comfort fascia on windshield, PDC park distance control, voice control, CPT9000 car phone, BMW Assist, BMW On-line, BMW Tracking, alarm system, programmable remote controls.

After several weeks of discussions, I finally got it: yesterday at 6.00 pm I got delivery of my new E60, the second one after 11 months of a 530d Attiva.

The new breed is a 535d Eccelsa (Italy only version), with the following spec:

-black sapphire body, beige dakota leather, full electric seats with memory, electric adjustable steering wheel, electric autodimming and foldable rear mirrors, autodimming internal mirror, NAV Pro, BMW Online, BMW Assist, BMW Tracking, BMW car phone, voice control, steptronic, LOGIC7 , CD changer, dash CD, 3 pre-programmable infrared remote controls, sport suspension, active sterring, 18" style 124 rims, 235 front-275 rear runflat tyres, automatic reardrive function on right mirror, dark poplar wood trim, bi-xenon, adaptive lights.

So far, after few hours driving only in downtown, I say the car is fantastic. Compared to my previous one, the new 535d is much smoother, with less noise, less vibrations and with a much more refined behaviour. For some reason, it has much more plushnessthan the 530d, notwithstanding the very similar mechanical spec. Maybe is a matter of seats and tyres (the standard seats offer more support and you feel yourself "on it" instead of "in it" like it happens with the sport seats).

I like it soo much!

Today I have ordered the first gifts for her: chrome grills for the bonnet and the new
glove compartment with lid.

I'd follow on with: TV tuner and/or settop box, AC Schnitzer fornt lip, BMW rear trunk lid spoiler and coat hanger!

Last point: the software is not 16.2, must be updated later!

Any suggestion about how to get the TV function?

Thanks.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Lucky' date='May 4 2005, 08:58 PM
... BMW Tracking, ...

I'd follow on with: TV tuner and/or settop box, AC Schnitzer fornt lip, BMW rear trunk lid spoiler and coat hanger!

[snapback]123965[/snapback]
Tracking?
That is only possible in the USA, AFAIK.

Your dealer can install the TV tuner and/or the settop box for you. In any way, you need your dealer to do it, since the car needs some programming. For TV function pro nav is required, but you have it, so it shouldn't be a problem to retrofit it.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Eccelsa, 05 2005 (built 12-04), sapphireblack, beige dakota leather, electric seats, poplar wood trim, sport suspension, 124 style 18" alloys, differentiated f/r runflat tyres, steptronic, adaptive light control, bi-xenon, BMW PRO nav, cd, cd changer, electric-foldable and automatic antidazzle rear mirrors, automatic antidazzle internal rear mirror, adjustable central armrest, BT, Hifi Professional LOGIC7 , extended functions aircon, full lighting package, green comfort fascia on windshield, PDC park distance control, voice control, CPT9000 car phone, BMW Assist, BMW On-line, BMW Tracking, alarm system, programmable remote controls.

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='May 4 2005, 08:14 PM
[quote name='Lucky' date='May 4 2005, 08:58 PM']... BMW Tracking, ...

Tracking?
That is only possible in the USA, AFAIK.

Your dealer can install the TV tuner and/or the settop box for you. In any way, you need your dealer to do it, since the car needs some programming. For TV function pro nav is required, but you have it, so it shouldn't be a problem to retrofit it.
[snapback]123980[/snapback]
[/quote]
Thanks, I know it. What I meant is to have aftermarket TV function, good quality, of course. That is because after installing OEM TV, I still would need a black-box to have "on the move" capability.

As far as tracking is concerned, I didn't check it yet, of course. It is cited in the tech spec as part of the telematic package; maybe it's not activated. (??)
Old 05-04-2005, 03:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

So far, after few hours driving only in downtown, I say the car is fantastic. Compared to my previous one, the new 535d is much smoother, with less noise, less vibrations and with a much more refined behaviour. For some reason, it has much more plushnessthan the 530d, notwithstanding the very similar mechanical spec. Maybe is a matter of seats and tyres (the standard seats offer more support and you feel yourself "on it" instead of "in it" like it happens with the sport seats).

I
[/quote]

Lucky,

Congrats on the car - I totally agree with your above comments
Old 05-04-2005, 03:46 PM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

Congrats! Same colour combo as mine. I installed the chrome kidneys last week; a really easy DIY!
Old 05-04-2005, 03:58 PM
Contributors

a picture is worth more than millions of words
Old 05-05-2005, 12:19 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d Auto M Sport delivered 04/10/05, Carbon Black, Beige Ventilated Nasca Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, Media Pack - Sat Nav Pro, Bmw Assist, Bluetooth phone prep + telematics + snap in adapter for Nokia 6230i & 6 CD, Visibility Pack - bi-xenons, adaptive headlights and Headlight Wash, HUD, High Gloss Shadow Line, Extended Lights, HiFi System, Extended Voice, M Spoiler and Heated/ventilated f/seats. Chrome Grills. M Double Spoke 19" Mixed Wheels 172 with 245/35 front and 275/30 rear (Non-runflat continentals) Spare wheel and jack. Supaglass.

Lucky, what do you think of the Logic 7 ? Is it worth the extra money ?
Old 05-05-2005, 10:31 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

Congratulations You are Lucky!
Old 05-05-2005, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Boxsterfeet' date='May 5 2005, 10:19 AM
Lucky, what do you think of the Logic 7 ? Is it worth the extra money ?
[snapback]124285[/snapback]
Definately!
Old 05-05-2005, 08:53 PM
Senior Members

congrats, lucky ! can't wait to see the pics .