Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

I finally have my car back after 11 days!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 11:31 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i finally couldn't wait and gave the service guy a call today after 10 days (today is the 11th day) . he just came back from his vacation today and he didn't know the other service guy didn't even call me ! anyway, the following are the problems that i have:

1. cd plays from track 1 (a lot of us have this problem) most of the time
2. driver's side wiper vibrates/rattles
3. lack of power when the car is in 1-2k rpm
4. very jerky when in steptronic/manual mode
5. misaligned hood
6. trunk is hard to close
7. all the ac outlets are too small
8. need to press one of the memory buttons to have the steering wheel back to the position i pre-set
9. moonroof can't open (windows are all open properly) when i press and hold the unlock button on the key outside the car

and the following are what they did:

1. unable to duplicate customer complaint
2. cleaned wiper inserts with non solvent cleaner
3. no problem found. checked faults, no problem found. no faults in any module
4. unable to duplicate and no faults found
5. the service guy said if the misalignment is really minor, won't cover by warranty
6. he told me the mechanic said it worked properly and nothing was fixed
7. i mentioned this in the other post. the sales manager told me diff models have diff sizes outlets. even the parts manager was surprised by this. nothing was changed.
8. unable to duplicate and no faults found
9. no problem found

i asked about the coinholder and he said not available. i also asked about the sensitivity for auto headlights but needless to say, no problems found <_<. he told me the mechanic told him if they adjust the sensitivity, the headlights may not work properly . all of the above aren't the worst yet . the worst is they didn't even update the software ! he told me the mechanic said "no need" ! nothing was done except one of the wipers is cleaned and it took them 11 days ! what the f$@%!!!
Old 09-14-2004, 12:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: DMS 535d. Titanium Silver on Black leather. M- Sport Package.

Alohalc

I'am really sorry about all your problems and fully understand your anger
If I were you I would seriously consider through my lawyer to return the car and ask for a new one. It is unacceptable for someone to have this sort of treatment after paying to have one of the Best Cars in the World. Also I would write to BMW in Germany about all these problems and point out to the that your dealer is probably the worst BMW dealer ever!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck

Kyriacos
Old 09-14-2004, 12:47 AM
Senior Members

your dealer sounds like a pile of s#*t ! find another one if possible.

I had the wiper problem and my dealer fixed this with a minor adjustment to the wiper arms and some complimentary free wiper blades that he didn't take off my 4 allotted free sets with the service inclusive package.

although looking at your list of faults I can see some are minor and possibly the type of fault that would be hard to reproduce, they still should be doing more to get to the bottom of this and working with you to solve them.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:01 AM
Senior Members

I have the problem of 1, 2, and 6 that you have, I'll schedule an appointment for checkup next week. Let's see how the service do here....
Old 09-14-2004, 02:12 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by KYRIACOS' date='Sep 13 2004, 10:42 PM
If I were you I would seriously consider through my lawyer to return the car and ask for a new one. It is unacceptable for someone to have this sort of treatment after paying to have one of the Best Cars in the World. Also I would write to BMW in Germany about all these problems and point out to the that your dealer is probably the worst BMW dealer ever!!!!!!!!!!
well, since my problems aren't consider problems from their point of view <_<. so i can guarantee i won't be able to get a new car from them . in fact, my "problems" are so minor compare to some of us in this forum . i'll wait and see if those problems are coming back or not. if they are, i'll definitely do something .
Old 09-14-2004, 02:15 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by northernmonkey' date='Sep 13 2004, 10:47 PM
your dealer sounds like a pile of s#*t ! find another one if possible.

I had the wiper problem and my dealer fixed this with a minor adjustment to the wiper arms and some complimentary free wiper blades that he didn't take off my 4 allotted free sets with the service inclusive package.

although looking at your list of faults I can see some are minor and possibly the type of fault that would be hard to reproduce, they still should be doing more to get to the bottom of this and working with you to solve them.
if you have read my other thread, you won't say my dealer is a pile of s#*t. they are all f$%#ed up ! but we only have one bmw dealer in this island :'(, so i have to swallow the "5-star experience" !
Old 09-14-2004, 02:17 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by gf366' date='Sep 14 2004, 12:01 AM
I have the problem of 1, 2, and 6 that you have, I'll schedule an appointment for checkup next week. Let's see how the service do here....
yes, i'd like to know as well. then i can tell them what is the proper way to fix if the problems come back again.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:17 AM
Contributors

CONGRATULATIONS. Is she alright now?

Old 09-14-2004, 06:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I believe something is very wrong with BMW AG. There are so many people having problems with their dealers who cannot fix small things that are easy to get fixed.

BMW has the "freude am fahren" high up.. But when we cannot drive our cars because it is in for service there is little "freude".

I hope your problems can be solved quickly and others can hand solutions for simillar problems that were solved by their dealership.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:03 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Your dealer seems to be the worst in history of BMW!

Maybe we go to him and I have a little conversation with him when I am in HI...!?

It's unbelievable...

I have a big picture on my wall in my office what reminds me everyday:

"the art of listening is the key to customer service".

The guys at your dealer doesn't listen and don't have any understanding of customer service... I feel your pain... It sux if you have to deal with a bunch of i*i*ts...

Quick Reply: I finally have my car back after 11 days!