Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Hunterdon BMW

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 09:17 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '04 530I, '98 328I & '94 Civic DX(5spd)

just go to another dealership. They may not give you a loaner car (BMW loaner) but at least will give you a free rental car.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:31 AM
MAK
Members

As stated above I would not give them a second chance. Time for a new dealer!
I took my business to another dealer after my own whom I had bought 2 cars from and recommended others to did not offer any discount for buying a set of new wheels.
My new dealer without even knowing me gave me ?200 off. They now get my business and I get a loaner anytime I need it.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:38 AM
Members

My Ride: 07 550 silver Gray SP PKG, NAV, LOGIC 7, SAT, COLD WEATHER, STEP.

Dealers in my area only give a FREE loaner to the customers who have purchased the car at their dealership. If I don't hear anything from the dealer today I will have no choice but to be inconvienced when I need a loaner I will have to pay for one, this is what bothers me my car is only a couple months old. I've lost faith in BMW there customer service sucks and they won't even call the dealer to see if something can be worked out.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 M5 alpine white, black full leather, etc.

I purchased two cars from Hunterdon when Hans and his wife owned the dealership. They were always accomodating. Some years ago the dealership was sold and I was led to believe it is owned by BMW? If that is true, maybe you have have some recourse with BMWNA. Good Luck. Hope your family member is recovering well. That is really more important than a hunk of metal.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:26 AM
Members

I couldn't agree more, Hunterdon BMW is not owned by BMW it's owned by Gailon McGowen and the word is NO LOANER PERIOD
Old 02-11-2007, 09:57 PM
Members

My Ride: -2004 BMW 545i. Silver Grey Metalic. with Black Int.: Sport, Navigation, Cold Weather, Comfort Seats, Logic 7, Heated Rear Seats, MP3 Retrofit. (Production date: Jan 2004) -2002 Porsche 911 Cabriolet. Seal Gray with Black Int. & Top: Tiptronic, Heated Seats, Bose Sound.

That is crazy. The dealers out of pocket costs to keep you in that loaner car or an extra day VS 4 more years of Services income and a good chance you will buy a car from them again. That doesn't make any sense at all, but I have dealt with BMW services managers that do things that don't make any sense.
Good Luck.
I suggest you find another dealer. Here in CA the dealers seem to try and earn your business in most part. Most Service Assistants start by saying the loaners are for vehicle sales customers only, but they always seem to end up saying they can work something out to me one.

Are the loaner cars managed by Avis, Hertz, etc...? If so, the charge to dealer is usualy less than $30 per day.

Did the GM of the dealership actualy say "No loaner for you"?
Old 02-12-2007, 02:42 AM
Members

Originally Posted by OU812545' post='390490' date='Feb 12 2007, 01:57 AM
That is crazy. The dealers out of pocket costs to keep you in that loaner car or an extra day VS 4 more years of Services income and a good chance you will buy a car from them again. That doesn't make any sense at all, but I have dealt with BMW services managers that do things that don't make any sense.
Good Luck.
I suggest you find another dealer. Here in CA the dealers seem to try and earn your business in most part. Most Service Assistants start by saying the loaners are for vehicle sales customers only, but they always seem to end up saying they can work something out to me one.

Are the loaner cars managed by Avis, Hertz, etc...? If so, the charge to dealer is usualy less than $30 per day.

Did the GM of the dealership actualy say "No loaner for you"?
Yes It came from him after the service manager and his service advisors deceided that I lied to them about my circumstances, all there stories put together made them deceide that I took advantage even though i told the service adviser I had a situation in the family, I think what the real problem was is my last service for a software update resulted in dome problem that the dealer could not fix, I took it to the sales manager and he said call BMW which I did, they asked how the service was and I told them it was not 5 stars and it wasn't for instance I was told to pick up my car when I got there after driving from out of town my car was not complete the service advisor had no idea if it was done or not. So I assume they are using anything to make me go some where else, I'm in a position where it's no win with them. I want to deal with another dealer but the closest one is not to happy with me after I didn't buy a car from them.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:45 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

As most of us know, at least in the USA, BMW dealers are rated (and or compensated somehow?) based on the customer surveys that take place after a service visit. Some dealers hound you about rating them with all "Excellents" (or 5 stars) because anything less than that is counted against them heavily. The dealers will tell you that if you have a problem, you should let them know right away (and personally), not via a bad survey score. They'd rather try to make you happy before the score is tallied since they have a better chance of getting a good score if your problem was resolved. In your case, you already gave them a bad score so they're not happy about it and probably figure that you're the type of customer that will continue to give them less than stellar ratings. It also sounds like they really could care less about you and your business.

Find another dealer! You may not get a loaner right away but if you play the game right, you'll eventually earn their respect as a good customer and they will probably end up helping you out. By playing the game right, I mean you should voice any concerns or issues right away to the service manager or general manager. Let them try to resolve the problem. Let them know that you'd like the problem to be resolved so that you can give them 5 stars when you are contacted for the survey, etc.

I realize that this game is silly but that's the way it is for many dealers. It's no big deal to play along if in the end, you end up satisfied.

I don't know what part of Jersey you're in but in another thread here, many people have suggested JMK (and others) as better than your current one...

(Thankfully, I have an excellent dealer who takes good care of their customers so there's no reason for me to play any of these games anymore...)
Old 02-12-2007, 06:50 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='390568' date='Feb 12 2007, 09:45 AM
As most of us know, at least in the USA, BMW dealers are rated (and or compensated somehow?) based on the customer surveys that take place after a service visit. Some dealers hound you about rating them with all "Excellents" (or 5 stars) because anything less than that is counted against them heavily. The dealers will tell you that if you have a problem, you should let them know right away (and personally), not via a bad survey score. They'd rather try to make you happy before the score is tallied since they have a better chance of getting a good score if your problem was resolved. In your case, you already gave them a bad score so they're not happy about it and probably figure that you're the type of customer that will continue to give them less than stellar ratings. It also sounds like they really could care less about you and your business.

Find another dealer! You may not get a loaner right away but if you play the game right, you'll eventually earn their respect as a good customer and they will probably end up helping you out. By playing the game right, I mean you should voice any concerns or issues right away to the service manager or general manager. Let them try to resolve the problem. Let them know that you'd like the problem to be resolved so that you can give them 5 stars when you are contacted for the survey, etc.

I realize that this game is silly but that's the way it is for many dealers. It's no big deal to play along if in the end, you end up satisfied.

I don't know what part of Jersey you're in but in another thread here, many people have suggested JMK (and others) as better than your current one...

(Thankfully, I have an excellent dealer who takes good care of their customers so there's no reason for me to play any of these games anymore...)

The service advisor knew I was not happy I got the sales manager involved because I knew him he made sure it was done, the problem was that the next day the service advisor calls and says they need to keep the car do to 8 hrs of software updates, My reply was I just purchased this car last week why did it leave the dealership after being preped for delivery didn't anyone check for updated software, no reply then to make things worst when I received the car back I notive my eyebrows are off, this is after i read something on this forum. I called them they say there is no fix call BMW which I did 3 weeks later I get a call from BMW customer service telling me there is now a fix. I had to call the dealer and get this taken care of and I could sense an attitude already. The rest as they say is down hill from there. Made several calls to BMW of America they don't want to get involved with this " It's up to each dealer how they want to do bussiness" when I heard that I knew I had a major issue. Now my car is without a place for service as of right now.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Okay, I realize you are frustrated but basically you need to just take a deep breath and find another dealer...you've already tried to remedy your situation to no avail...

Quick Reply: Hunterdon BMW