Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

How to Track Your Bimmer Across the Ocean or Oceans

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 03:53 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

On http://sailwx.info/shiptrack/ one can key in the ship's name and watch its progress to its destination. In this case it is going to LA. I got the date that the ship carrying my son's e90 would arrive in the local port from his sales rep. I then went to the website for the cargo carrier, Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics. On their site I went to their schedule of ships going to Port Hueneme, California from Bremerhaven. With the arrival date, I was able to identify the name of the ship. In his case it is the Maersk Wind. Then you go to the link above and enter the ship's name. A table comes up with the ship's location. In the table you click on plot to see where the ship was at when is last called in a weather report.

For US citizens living on the west coast, it is a much longer trip to port. The course through the Panama Canal is much longer than the trip to the East Coast or the Gulf Coast.
Old 01-19-2006, 04:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER
Originally Posted by pharding' post='226366' date='Jan 19 2006, 07:53 AM
On http://sailwx.info/shiptrack/ one can key in the ship's name and watch its progress to its destination. In this case it is going to LA. I got the date that the ship carrying my son's e90 would arrive in the local port from his sales rep. I then went to the website for the cargo carrier, Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics. On their site I went to their schedule of ships going to Port Hueneme, California from Bremerhaven. With the arrival date, I was able to identify the name of the ship. In his case it is the Maersk Wind. Then you go to the link above and enter the ship's name. A table comes up with the ship's location. In the table you click on plot to see where the ship was at when is last called in a weather report.

For US citizens living on the west coast, it is a much longer trip to port. The course through the Panama Canal is much longer than the trip to the East Coast or the Gulf Coast.
You can also track it using your Vin # or Email E.H.Harms at your drop off point and they will tell you what ship your car is on.Good luck
cheers
vern
Old 01-19-2006, 04:12 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

Originally Posted by vern' post='226367' date='Jan 19 2006, 07:03 AM
You can also track it using your Vin #. Good luck
cheers
vern
Yes you can, but Wallenius Wilhelmsen is sometimes slow to make the VIN Number Data available in their cargo tracking software on their website.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Originally Posted by pharding' post='226370
You can also track it using your Vin #. Good luck
cheers
vern
Yes you can, but Wallenius Wilhelmsen is sometimes slow to make the VIN Number Data available in their cargo tracking software on their website.
[/quote]

You should be aware that BMW is now using NYK lines for west coast deliveries. I am not sure if this is an exclusive arrangement or if WW still is providing some logistic services.

NYK lines' site does not allow for cargo tracking the way that WW does.

You can also trace it by going to the port of Bremerhaven's site here :

http://www.dbh.de/index.php?id=151&L=0

In the export section, enter "Port Hueneme" for the port name and the approximate range of dates of departure. Select "Vehicle Carriers" and it will provide you with the names of the ships that the car could be on.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

If you have real updates on tracking you might want to add them to the FAQs section here:

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=2115
Old 01-19-2006, 09:27 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Aluminum Cube Trim, M Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, Head Up Display, Steptronic, Comfort Seats, Rear Heated Seats, Through Load, Park Distance Control, Navigation , HK Logic 7, etc

arrgghh nothing seems to work! I am fairly sure my car is on the turandot but so far no info on the ww site! Anyone have any other advice or help for me?
Old 01-20-2006, 07:04 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by Trev550i' post='226860' date='Jan 19 2006, 10:27 PM
arrgghh nothing seems to work! I am fairly sure my car is on the turandot but so far no info on the ww site! Anyone have any other advice or help for me?
Your dealer should be able to tell what ship it's on, when it left and when it's scheduled to arrive.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Originally Posted by Trev550i' post='226860' date='Jan 19 2006, 11:27 PM

Trev

It is on the Turandot and it sailed on the 19th.
Old 01-20-2006, 08:17 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Aluminum Cube Trim, M Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, Head Up Display, Steptronic, Comfort Seats, Rear Heated Seats, Through Load, Park Distance Control, Navigation , HK Logic 7, etc

Originally Posted by stream' post='226974
Your dealer should be able to tell what ship it's on, when it left and when it's scheduled to arrive.
[/quote]

lol my "dealer" is a joke. They haven't even botherd to call me in over a month. And when I called them the SA said he"had bigger fish to fry" ie other deals etc lol. Ya they're real winners there. The car is on the WW site now so its fun to track!
Thanks Anast!
Old 01-21-2006, 09:20 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by Trev550i' post='227269
Originally Posted by Trev550i' post='226860' date='Jan 19 2006, 10:27 PM
lol my "dealer" is a joke. They haven't even bother to call me in over a month. And when I called them the SA siad he"had bigger fish to fry" ie other deals etc lol. Ya they're real winners there. The car is on the WW site now so its fun to track!
Thanks Anast!
[/quote]

If my dealer told me he had bigger fish to fry, I'd find another dealer! :thumbsdown:

Quick Reply: How to Track Your Bimmer Across the Ocean or Oceans