Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

How long once the car reaches the VPC?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 12:57 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2002 330CIC with Sports and Premium (Sold 4/2005) 2005 545I Black Saphire Metalic, with Black Dakota Leather, Poplar trim. Sport Package, MTech Body kit and Spoiler, HUD, Comfort Seats, Navigation, Premium sound, CWP, Heated Rear Seats, Window shades. Valentine 1 hardwired, Aux input.

I got a call from my SA yesterday. He told me my order was at the VPC. I am a little frustruated because I still dont have confirmation that the ship it was on has reached port. I have been tracking the ship through AISlive, and it says that the Pioneer Leader was to hit San Diego yesterday. They have not updated the information, so I cannot see that it ever hit Port Hueneme.

I asked my SA how he got that info, and he said it was in his system. I called the infamous 800 number, and BMWNA told me they dont have information after it leaves port. I want confirmation that it is actually at the VPC.

I am also curious how long people have waited once it hits the VPC? Can I be confident that it is actually there? Does the dealer have the most up to date info?
I just do not trust dealerships.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by LuvE60' date='Apr 19 2005, 03:57 PM
I got a call from my SA yesterday.? He told me my order was at the VPC.? I am a little frustruated because I still dont have confirmation that the ship it was on has reached port.? I have been tracking the ship through AISlive, and it says that the Pioneer Leader was to hit San Diego yesterday.? They have not updated the information, so I cannot see that it ever hit Port Hueneme.

I asked my SA how he got that info, and he said it was in his system.? I called the infamous 800 number, and BMWNA told me they dont have information after it leaves port.? I want confirmation that it is actually at the VPC.

I am also curious how long people have waited once it hits the VPC?? Can I be confident that it is actually there?? Does the dealer have the most up to date info?
[snapback]117257[/snapback]

My car arrived at the dealer the same day that AISlive updated to show that it had reached the VPC. I'd trust the dealer - they have access to the latest info.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2002 330CIC with Sports and Premium (Sold 4/2005) 2005 545I Black Saphire Metalic, with Black Dakota Leather, Poplar trim. Sport Package, MTech Body kit and Spoiler, HUD, Comfort Seats, Navigation, Premium sound, CWP, Heated Rear Seats, Window shades. Valentine 1 hardwired, Aux input.

Originally Posted by UUronL' date='Apr 19 2005, 02:29 PM
[quote name='LuvE60' date='Apr 19 2005, 03:57 PM']I got a call from my SA yesterday.? He told me my order was at the VPC.? I am a little frustruated because I still dont have confirmation that the ship it was on has reached port.? I have been tracking the ship through AISlive, and it says that the Pioneer Leader was to hit San Diego yesterday.? They have not updated the information, so I cannot see that it ever hit Port Hueneme.

I asked my SA how he got that info, and he said it was in his system.? I called the infamous 800 number, and BMWNA told me they dont have information after it leaves port.? I want confirmation that it is actually at the VPC.

I am also curious how long people have waited once it hits the VPC?? Can I be confident that it is actually there?? Does the dealer have the most up to date info?
[snapback]117257[/snapback]

My car arrived at the dealer the same day that AISlive updated to show that it had reached the VPC. I'd trust the dealer - they have access to the latest info.
[snapback]117266[/snapback]
[/quote]
Thanks. This is driving me nuts. It was fine until the damn thing left port. My other issue is that their is an identical car at another dealer in my area. I want my car NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-19-2005, 09:11 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - 6 speed manual (July 04 build), silver-grey/black, sports package std equipment (18", active roll, active steering, adaptive headlights), premium sound, bluetooth enabled, folding rear seat, lumbar, 3m hood/bumper protective film, rear tint, euro reflectors.

The on line info lags the actual by quit a bit - especially towards the end of the cycle. Since I was very anxious, my dealer printed out an actual schedule that was very close to accurate and gave me updates from him system.

I had my car for a week before BMWNA system even showed it at the dealer.

If his system says it reached the VPC - it is safe to trust it. I think the average time from the VPC to your dealer is about a week. Just depends on where your car is in the que and how the shipping company grabs it, but you are not far away.

I had the fortunate case of my car arriving at the VPC on time or early, only to sit for almost three weeks due to an ECM recall. By the time it got to the dealer it was close to 4 weeks.

To make matters worse, my office is only about 15 miles from the port. Every friday I would think - ok maybe this weekend.

It will be sweet when it arrives.
Old 04-19-2005, 09:38 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jsal' date='Apr 19 2005, 10:11 PM
The on line info lags the actual by quit a bit - especially towards the end of the cycle.? Since I was very anxious, my dealer printed out an actual schedule that was very close to accurate and gave me updates from him system.

I had my car for a week before BMWNA system even showed it at the dealer.

If his system says it reached the VPC - it is safe to trust it.? I think the average time from the VPC to your dealer is about a week.? Just depends on where your car is in the que and how the shipping company grabs it, but you are not far away.

I had the fortunate case of my car arriving at the VPC on time or early, only to sit for almost three weeks due to an ECM recall.? By the time it got to the dealer it was close to 4 weeks.

To make matters worse, my office is only about 15 miles from the port.? Every friday I would think - ok maybe this weekend.

It will be sweet when it arrives.
[snapback]117421[/snapback]
I am about 15 minutes the other way in Thousand Oaks. It pretty much sucks, but I guess its is a good problem to have.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:12 PM
Senior Members

I agree. I tracked my ship and it was still reporting about 200 miles offshore when I got a call telling me that my car was at the dealer. It was at the dealer before the online status reported it at the VPC. The BMW tracking is about 5-10 days behind in my case. I trackked the ship via the coast guard weather reporting and it was about 3 days behind.
Old 04-22-2005, 08:46 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by skipper' date='Apr 21 2005, 09:12 PM
I agree. I tracked my ship and it was still reporting about 200 miles offshore when I got a call telling me that my car was at the dealer. It was at the dealer before the online status reported it at the VPC. The BMW tracking is about 5-10 days behind in my case. I trackked the ship via the coast guard weather reporting and it was about 3 days behind.
[snapback]118450[/snapback]
Thanks skipper. Because I only live about 15 minutes from the port, I had some time yesterday, and drove down there. The ship (It was the biggest moveable object I have ever seen) was at the port, the Pioneer Leader. A convoy of cars were driving to The VPC. I can understand why they take a while to get there. They must unload thousands of vehicles. I guess I just need to be more patient.