Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

How do you guys pay for your E60s?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 06:10 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not asking how much you paid for it or anything just how do you finance it Mainly because im looking at different ways of financing one.

Ive been looking at leasing etc and came across this thing called PCP (personal contract purchase), not sure if they have this over the pond probably do but called something else. ANyway this looks a really good method almost too good to be true, but ive spoke to other people who have cars on PCP and they swear by it. Pay a downpayment at the start (however much you want) then work out a monthly fee over an agreed period of time (example 36 months) then either pay off the balance and keep the car, give them the car back and walk away or exchange the car for a newer model. Does anyone else pay for their car this way, it really does open up alot of doors over what you could afford assuming you can afford the monthly repayments.

ALso on the side im interested to know what jobs you guys do if you wish to share. I seen some guys on here who are like 20-24 who have their own 5ers and its like wow you did good so fast!
Old 03-10-2009, 06:13 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i

Originally Posted by JLinardi' post='813132' date='Mar 10 2009, 06:10 PM
Not asking how much you paid for it or anything just how do you finance it Mainly because im looking at different ways of financing one.

Ive been looking at leasing etc and came across this thing called PCP (personal contract purchase), not sure if they have this over the pond probably do but called something else. ANyway this looks a really good method almost too good to be true, but ive spoke to other people who have cars on PCP and they swear by it. Pay a downpayment at the start (however much you want) then work out a monthly fee over an agreed period of time (example 36 months) then either pay off the balance and keep the car, give them the car back and walk away or exchange the car for a newer model. Does anyone else pay for their car this way, it really does open up alot of doors over what you could afford assuming you can afford the monthly repayments.

ALso on the side im interested to know what jobs you guys do if you wish to share. I seen some guys on here who are like 20-24 who have their own 5ers and its like wow you did good so fast!
I guess PCP is called a Lease here in the States.
I bought my car with my mortgage's line of credit.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:14 PM
Members

Originally Posted by heavy_g' post='813133' date='Mar 11 2009, 02:13 AM
I guess PCP is called a Lease here in the States.
I bought my car with my mortgage's line of credit.

No its different to a lease, its very similar but different!
Old 03-10-2009, 06:26 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JLinardi' post='813137' date='Mar 10 2009, 10:14 PM
No its different to a lease, its very similar but different!
balloon payment Definition:

A large, lump-sum payment scheduled at the end of a series of considerably smaller periodic payments. A balloon payment may be included in the payment schedule for a loan, lease, or other stream of payments.
This content can be found on the following page:

is that what it is?
Old 03-10-2009, 06:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

I stole mine.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:28 PM
Contributors

i think the balloon payment at the end HAS to be paid or rolled into your next loan/lease...
Old 03-10-2009, 06:33 PM
Members

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='813153' date='Mar 11 2009, 02:28 AM
i think the balloon payment at the end HAS to be paid or rolled into your next loan/lease...
Yes Craig thats what it is, but there is an option on the PCP to give the car back and walk away after the contract has finished. I guess the dealer would then put the car up as an approved used. You can pay the balloon payment and keep the car if you want or -as you said- "roll it over" to the next loan or whatever its called.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:37 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JLinardi' post='813157' date='Mar 10 2009, 10:33 PM
Yes Craig thats what it is, but there is an option on the PCP to give the car back and walk away after the contract has finished. I guess the dealer would then put the car up as an approved used. You can pay the balloon payment and keep the car if you want or -as you said- "roll it over" to the next loan or whatever its called.
i would imagine that you may be safer leasing, unless you want to keep the car for a long time. when it is time for your balloon payment, you can prob finance the ballooned amount or pay it off. I started leasing with this car because i hate the idea of negative equity. i will never finance a daily driver ever again. my car is gone in 36 mos, and i am in a new car, rolling over no neg equity...
Old 03-10-2009, 06:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

with jelly beans & some gum
Old 03-10-2009, 06:43 PM
Members

When leasing a car can you give it back when ever you want or is there a contract?

And can you lease direct from the dealer? ALl the leasing sites ive been on you only appear to be able to lease poverty spec old man style boring 60s!

Quick Reply: How do you guys pay for your E60s?