Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

A-holes during oil change today-"driving too aggressively"

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 07:35 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm not sure how any arrogance was percieved when I waited until the third time the guy commented on my driving style and told me he had proof due to the tire wear-I then confronted him and told him it was none of his business and I wanted to deal with someone else who would just get the work going instead of sitting here telling me how to drive.

And I did not know you could guage the intelligence of someone based on a quick internet forum post-yes my spelling sucks, grammar stinks and english was my worst subject-I did not go to law school (which would expect a good writer), didnt become an english prof or journalist-I went into SCIENCE-the furthest thing away from liberal arts but judge who you wanna judge-not sure how my post drew a bunch of questions of my intelligence.

Anyway it was at chapman on camelback and I do agree there are some nice people-the guy I usually deal with is great but was not there today-and if I could remember the guys name I would tell ya but he was a punk.

And actually they do not know a lot more about the 5 series than me. Maybe the mechanic or the tech but the service advisor was full of b.s and most of us who own and love our cars tend to read/know more about our car than the dealer who has to deal with every car in the company.

I will let you in on a little secret too folks-next time you go to your general doctor/internist-realize they likely do not know much about specific problems you may have unless they are the real bread and butter problems. And even then the patient 90 percent of the time is so concerned about themselves will have researched and read up on their problem to the point where they know more about the latest greatest advances in that problem and its treatment than the doc knows. The doc will look it up just like the rest of the world does.

So I do not think it is far off to believe us 5 series owners know quite a bit about the e60, especially from these boards and the dealers BS does not always fly.

Anyway-dont read and post if you want to bash-I am guessing the demographic of a e60 owner has to be on the mature side-funny you bash me for spelling yet you act immature by bashing me out of nowhere-

Anyway rant is over-on an off note-MAN having new tires feels great. I realize how crappy cornering and acceleration was with no tread-huge difference.

p.s I dont know what the prob is with the dunflops-I actually like em
Old 05-17-2007, 07:42 PM
Senior Members

I bought my car from Chapman BMW and I can second Sleepys feelings about the dealership. They have one of biggest asshole sales managers I have ever met. I told my sales rep I would purchase the car if I didn't have listen to the sales manager's arrogent voice ever again. But my service rep was actually nice. Sleepy just ask for a different rep or go to Penske's BMW dealership in Scottsdale, its only about Five miles from Chapman.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by sleepyca31' post='425690' date='May 18 2007, 09:22 AM
I am sick of being treated that way for being young-I am an MD, 26 years old and surely more educated than 99 percent of those service manager types and yet they see I am young and treat me like crap.
Arrogance was preceived in the post not your attitude at the dealership. So what if you are MD? Can't jump to the conclusion that you are better.

Not important anyways, I would just ignore them and ask them is the oil cover by warranty. If yes then get the car fix, if no why not? Just because I drive aggressive? Full of b.s. if you ask me. Plus aren't BMW design to be driven? If it were meant to be a mode of transport from A to B, I would've got myself a Honda Civic Hybrid instead of a bimmer.

I don't always go to the same dealer for service as they seem to treat me nicer everytime I come back, plus I am not expecting any perks from them so every dealer is the same to me, just my 2 cent.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:39 PM
Senior Members

Once you get into a shouting match with not one but two people, it?s clear who is on the less mature side of the equation.

From my own experience, I don?t find that dealerships discriminate based on age. In fact, again using my own experience and going back to when I was 21 (not THAT long ago), the service writers liked to spend time chatting with me and they quickly dispatched their older customers whom they didn?t want to chill with.

I?ve also found that anyone who throws out the ,,I?m an MD and hence more educated...`` has automatically lost the argument at least insofar as innate intelligence is concerned. If you have to resort to that, you have lost (if anyone catches me using my post-doctoral work to justify something, feel free to slap me )
Old 05-17-2007, 10:49 PM
Members

Originally Posted by JSpira' post='425755' date='May 18 2007, 05:39 AM
I?ve also found that anyone who throws out the ,,I?m an MD and hence more educated...`` has automatically lost the argument at least insofar as innate intelligence is concerned. If you have to resort to that, you have lost (if anyone catches me using my post-doctoral work to justify something, feel free to slap me )
Maybe you just did
Old 05-17-2007, 11:33 PM
Senior Members

LOL !!!!!!

You guys are FUNNY !!!
I love it when I stumble on these heated threads....always makes me giggle !!!!

Anways....keep it coming

I'm just kidding
Old 05-18-2007, 04:23 AM
Members

My Ride: 05 545i Sport, Man, Cold WX Pkg, Black Sapphire Met on Black

Just had to jump in on this. It's my nature!

Unfortunately prejudice exists in all forms and manner of manifestation. Sleepy may have run into someone at his dealership that found his youth and success offensive somehow. I myself have found that when I walk into a more "swanky" place, whether it be a BMW/Jag/LR/Porsche etc, that my obvious military demeanor must mean that I am a blue collar, dirt under the nails, "how could he possibly afford this car" from SOME of the sales/support staff. My hot temper does not help when dealing with individuals who have already decided who I am. So MY challenge when dealing with an A-Hole is to realize that I have the upper hand, call upon my British roots and kill them with sarcasm and wit; most of the time it goes over their heads, but I feel better. If that doesn't work, I go full Marine on their butts (6' 3" 235lbs helps) and treat them like whale Sh*t on the bottom of the ocean - usually makes me feel better, but often with higher blood pressure to boot!

I actually did an experiment a few years back when I was looking at buying a new car (Lexus - had to start somewhere). I walked in to the dealership in shorts, flops and a t-shirt and got blown off. When I did finally get to talk to someone, I was treated very poorly and dismissed like a no-sale. I went back to the same dealership the next day wearing slacks, a button down, beautiful oxfords and a fresh shave. I was immediately picked up by the sales manager and given the opportunity to drive whatever I wanted. I took advantage of this and sat in/drove everything he had on the lot. Even made him prep a car just off the carrier. At the end of this very exhausting 3 or 4 hours, I said thankyou very much and told him I'd be going elsewhere. It was the same guy both days. I told him my experience and left him begging like a puppy.

Now Sleepy, as for your experience - that sucks. You must have felt very frustrated. It's the Ultimate DRIVING machine. Maybe your service tech should remember that. Good luck with any further dealings; I hope they get better.

Spyder
Old 05-18-2007, 04:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order as of May 6- 2007 530i Titanium Grey and Grey Leather, with Sport Package, Premium Pkg, Cold Pkg. 2006 Porsche Boxster

Originally Posted by wmbiii' post='425698' date='May 17 2007, 09:38 PM
....When did physicians start talking like that?

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde .

Old 05-18-2007, 04:54 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by JSpira' post='425755' date='May 18 2007, 12:39 AM
Once you get into a shouting match with not one but two people, it?s clear who is on the less mature side of the equation.

From my own experience, I don?t find that dealerships discriminate based on age. In fact, again using my own experience and going back to when I was 21 (not THAT long ago), the service writers liked to spend time chatting with me and they quickly dispatched their older customers whom they didn?t want to chill with.

Sounds to me like he needs to grow up!!!!!!!!
cheers
vern
Old 05-18-2007, 05:47 AM
Senior Members

Hey sleepy, I bet you would have really pissed the SA off if you would have told him you had an extra 45HP via mods you added and it was the MOD which drive the car aggressively and not you.

Quick Reply: A-holes during oil change today-"driving too aggressively"