Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

A-holes during oil change today-"driving too aggressively"

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 05:22 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I was pretty pissed but obviously could do nothing when I brought my 2007 530 in for an oil service today. I called 2 days ago with 9k on the clock and 4k more to go until my oil service was due but I wanted to get it done now since I had time and 9k seemed like long enough-I was just going to pay no probs.

So I start my car this morning and to my delight the "schedule oil service" warning came on-but still had 4k listed as mileage to go-so I am guessing they give you ample warning to make an apointment. But technically it would have been "requiring" service at 13k.

So anyway I get there and tell the service guy that I was going to pay but my service light came on today so I assumed it would be covered. And he said "you only have 9k on it-and its asking for oilchange-you are obvioussly driving much too agressively"-so I am like WTF-what business is it of his for one.

But he goes out there and gets the info from the computer and starts laying in about how "these cars" (as if they were gods or something) do not require oil changes for 16-18k miles-First off that is B.S since the minute I got into my car at 0 miles on the clock when I bought it-the Oil change said 15k-so that was b.s

Second the dumbFck did not realize there was still 4k miles to go until the service was actually "required" and this warning was telling me to make an apointment. So it would have been due at 13 instead of 15-big freakin deal-2k miles and apparently this is indicitive of driving soo agressively.

Second I asked for a tire roation since my backs were like 2 timse more worn then my fronts-again was something I was paying for. Then he went on to "deduce" based on my wear pattern and his recent trip to driving school that bmw sends them too-that he now KNOWS I drive too agressively-

Like WTF business is it of these guys-I started to tell him a 255hp car cant really be driven that aggresively for one. And second I let him know I mash the gas at every chance I get and what was it to him. I got in a nice yelling match with him and talked to the manager who I continued to bitch out since he was feeding me the same crap.

I am sick of being treated that way for being young-I am an MD, 26 years old and surely more educated than 99 percent of those service manager types and yet they see I am young and treat me like crap. I had the same experiences buying a car until I found this really chill german dude who raced cars and sold them parttime just to stay connected with bmw-and he totally treated me like I was a star or something-I was FOOLED into thinking this was a BMW thing-when really it was just that one guy.

Bmw people are such pompous aholes who think their cars are god and they should be driven justly so.

Anyway-seemingly I wore my rears down to the wear bar at only 9k- Well hey I never said I didnt drive agressively but it still was none of his business-had to slap 2 new dunflops on there since apperently I had no tread at all left-

So anyway got the oil covered which I excpected to pay for-but got a 700 buck tire bill that I wasnt planning on-To boot the dealer charges 30 bucks more per tire than a discount tire/tire rack or any other place would do it-but they do slap it on and balance it and all that crap for no charge so I took the bit of a hit.

I was debating on changing tires but I had like 70 percent tread on my fronts so didnt want to go change all 4 when I only needed 2 and I have been happy with the dunflops other than the quick wear.

ANyway that is my rant
Old 05-17-2007, 05:31 PM
Senior Members

Sleepy aren't you located in Arizona, what dealer are you talking about?
Old 05-17-2007, 05:38 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Currently: (3/1/06) 2002 530i black on black prem, sport, cold, xenon.

The West Coast must be another world. wow. I feel like I just read a trashy novel. When did physicians start talking like that?
Old 05-17-2007, 06:12 PM
DBU
Contributors

You may be "better educated than 99% of the service managers," but 99% of the service managers write better than you do and they sure know a lot more about cars than you do.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530Xi - Navigation, Premium package, Steptronic.

Originally Posted by DBU' post='425705' date='May 17 2007, 10:12 PM
You may be "better educated than 99% of the service managers," but 99% of the service managers write better than you do and they sure know a lot more about cars than you do.
He may be intelligent, but maybe not smart, eh?
Old 05-17-2007, 06:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Just curious, but what's up with everyone ripping on each other lately? The only person we should be able to rip on is member pinguhk, because his posts are worthless. LOL!

PS.... Sleepy - see below. That would be your third point.

Originally Posted by sleepyca31' post='425690' date='May 17 2007, 09:22 PM
Second I asked for a tire roation since my backs were like 2 timse more worn then my fronts-again was something I was paying for. Then he went on to "deduce" based on my wear pattern and his recent trip to driving school that bmw sends them too-that he now KNOWS I drive too agressively-
Old 05-17-2007, 07:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Come on guys, he just wanted to vent that's all.

He's right, the people at the dealer have no business and shouldn't comment on their customer's driving style, their business is to fix the car when it come in and do all the neccessary service to get the car back on the road again.

But he just did it in an inappropiate way and let his arrogance get the better of him.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:19 PM
Senior Members

I'm with CMANS. Just because you people own a 5series bmw it doesn't give you the right to rip on other forum members. It just proves what most regular people think of BMW owners. People just ease up, don't reply unless you have something positive to add. Sleepy is some what correct, most BMW dealerships have some arrogent represenatives working for them, although you do find some nice people every once in a while.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:28 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 530XI Sapphire Black, Black Int. 6sp, Cold, Prem

I agree dudes, who cares how he drives his E60 or how he talks, he paid major bucks for his car and he can drive it damn well as he likes, he's the consumer and the dealer needs to treat him like one.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:32 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

Originally Posted by jrsamps' post='425738' date='May 17 2007, 08:28 PM
he can drive it damn well as he likes, he's the consumer and the dealer needs to treat him like one.
+1. agree.

Quick Reply: A-holes during oil change today-"driving too aggressively"