Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Hendrick BMW Rocks!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 09:54 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GT Premi' post='575737' date='May 7 2008, 01:05 PM
To answer the question about the windshield, I had a huge crack in the windshield that was quickly spreading across the whole thing. I was driving on Concord Mills Blvd where they added a new turning lane the Saturday before last and a piece of asphalt (I guess) was thrown up into the air and hit my windshield. It sounded like a crack when it hit, but there was no evidence of one. The next morning, I was taking my kids back to their mother and my son says, "Whoa! Is that a crack?" It was on the passenger side of the car, blocked by the rearview mirror. I lean over and sure enough, it's a big crack coming down and curving toward the driver's side. Astonishingly enough, I wasn't too upset over it. (If you knew me, you would've rushed me to the hospital, certain I had been labotomized! ) I just figured that's not particularly how I wanted to "stimulate" the economy, but oh well... I let it ride for a few days, and by the time I took it in for my appointment, the crack had spread almost to the middle of the driver's side of the windshield. It was nasty. I was gonna have Hendrick coordinate a replacement and I'd pay for it. They ended up replacing it for free.

Here's the part where I might have to recant my original post. I went to early voting yesterday evening, and as I was walking back to my car, the sunlight was hitting it just right. I could see a bunch of what looked to be scuff marks at the right corner of the rear fascia. At first I just thought it was dust built up in that spot from somebody walking by it at some point; it happens. As I get closer, I notice it's some serious (to me) scratches!! First thing that comes to my mind is, "So that's why they gave me the free windshield!" I will call Saad and hopefully get the truth. It looks like they backed into something. What ironic is that the scratches are on a plain with one of the PDC sensors.

Now to the other question; yes, I have enjoyed the car overall. I don't really understand how because if this were an American car, that many issues in such a short time span would be totally unacceptable. American manufacturers get a bum deal in that regard. I didn't pay them much mind since I presumed a reprogram would take care of it all. Though, I did get the gas cap light again the other day after a fill-up.
I am most interested in what they have to say. We just moved from Charlotte to Germany...lived in Charlotte for 10 years and will probably end up going back. I most certainly know that "invisible man" feeling as I experienced the same things when I was looking at the 3 and 5 series a couple of years ago. It took 15 minutes before anyone acknowledged I was there. Anyhow, hope all is well back home!
Old 05-09-2008, 05:09 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by BeBogus' post='576963' date='May 8 2008, 11:28 PM
Selecting the split fold down rear seats makes the rear seats leatherette I think. Check out the link, it tries to explain the interior trim when selecting options. Looks like the wood trim is real wood all around

Check out "Seats and Trim"
http://www.cars.com/go/crp/research.jsp?se...tSelection=true
I have the split rear seats and they are NASCA leather. I would have been pissed after paying all that $$$ to find out they were leatherette.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:14 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Eaweg' post='577019' date='May 9 2008, 05:54 AM
I am most interested in what they have to say. We just moved from Charlotte to Germany...lived in Charlotte for 10 years and will probably end up going back. I most certainly know that "invisible man" feeling as I experienced the same things when I was looking at the 3 and 5 series a couple of years ago. It took 15 minutes before anyone acknowledged I was there. Anyhow, hope all is well back home!
In my experience just about ALL BMW dealers I've used/visited in the UK (I'm on my fifth BMW) are the same - snooty, stand-offish and act like they're doing you a favour selling you a car . And, thanks to this forum, I tend to know a lot more about E60s than they do (also since they should have really good product knowledge).

If any UK member knows of a good, knowledgable and attentive dealer in London/Surrey, could they let me know?
Old 05-10-2008, 05:46 AM
Members

I can only confirm GT's impression.
Had my car at Hendrick for electrical problems last week and Michelle, my SA really went the extra mile.
She kept me posted on every step of the process, very professional.

The observation being the "invisible man" is correct though, when you get there to drop off the
car it takes for ever until somebody takes the time to sign you in.

They gave me a 2008 X5, very nice car, well build and even with the 3.0 engine pretty peppy.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:50 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport Carbon Black Metallic/Cream Beige Manny tranny and other stuff Recently gone, but never forgotten: 2005 Ford Mustang GT (hence the name) Torch Red/Crimson Manny tranny and every option available for that year 2002 Chrysler 300M Special Brilliant Black/Light Taupe/Dark Slate Autostick and goo-gobs of neat features that I will sorely miss

Well... My car went back in for service for the exact same thing this past Monday. They told me it's a bad wiring harness and the part has to come from Germany. I'll be without my car for almost two weeks by the time the part arrives and the repair is done. They gave me a Pontiac G6 rental for the first few days.

They gave me a loaner today. A 328i. Which brings me to the reason for dragging this back out. Someone above had posted that the leatherette is better in the cars than in the SAVs. It's not. Not to be offensive to the BMW brethren that have and/or prefer leatherette, but that is some cheap looking stuff. I don't like the look or the feel.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:23 AM
Members

Originally Posted by GT Premi' post='586260' date='May 22 2008, 02:50 PM
Well... My car went back in for service for the exact same thing this past Monday. They told me it's a bad wiring harness and the part has to come from Germany. I'll be without my car for almost two weeks by the time the part arrives and the repair is done. They gave me a Pontiac G6 rental for the first few days.

They gave me a loaner today. A 328i. Which brings me to the reason for dragging this back out. Someone above had posted that the leatherette is better in the cars than in the SAVs. It's not. Not to be offensive to the BMW brethren that have and/or prefer leatherette, but that is some cheap looking stuff. I don't like the look or the feel.
Not to burst the bubble but North Carolina has an agreement with the insurance companies on windhields. If it is caused by road object, rock, asphalt, etc. windshields are replaced for free.

For example, rock hit my new X5 , I made one call to insurance and Flow BMW had a new windshield waiting for me that Pfaff Auto installed ( contracted for Flow BMW)

No deductible no claim against me, $0

You only received what North Carolina worked out for you, not Hendrick.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:07 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport Carbon Black Metallic/Cream Beige Manny tranny and other stuff Recently gone, but never forgotten: 2005 Ford Mustang GT (hence the name) Torch Red/Crimson Manny tranny and every option available for that year 2002 Chrysler 300M Special Brilliant Black/Light Taupe/Dark Slate Autostick and goo-gobs of neat features that I will sorely miss

You're not bursting any bubbles. I don't care who paid for it, as long as it wasn't ME!

So you're saying NC-linians can get a free windshield replacement anytime it gets damaged?? Where's the literature on that? I'd like to read more.
Old 05-24-2008, 04:15 AM
Members

Originally Posted by GT Premi' post='586908' date='May 23 2008, 10:07 AM
You're not bursting any bubbles. I don't care who paid for it, as long as it wasn't ME!

So you're saying NC-linians can get a free windshield replacement anytime it gets damaged?? Where's the literature on that? I'd like to read more.

No not anytime. When damage is caused by road objects. Call your insurance agent and ask or call an automotive glass company like Pfaff in Winston Salem.