Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

hassal bmw are thieves

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 10:26 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525i

Im never going there again because they where trying to hit me in the head for labor. i went there on the 21 of july for a recall on the passenger airbag thing on the seat didnt get in back till yesterday. well anyways i had a problem with my passenger window the day before i went to the dealer it didnt want to close so i had to remove the panel and made the window close but now i need a new window actuators( cuz the wire that pick its up and down broke). well i was there and i spoke to one of the advisor and told them the problem and they still want to charge me 118 for diagnostic just to see it, when i told them the problem and they wanted to charge me 210 just for labor not included the part with is like 195 with i know that to much cuz i seen them go for like 169 in other part department. just wanted to let u guys know that. also i seen some nice 5 serious a white one with iforge rims,drop looked really sexy wonder if that car belongs to anyone in the forum
Old 07-24-2009, 10:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

I believe member nigxdoof goes there and recommends it to people. Thats unfortunate.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:12 PM
Contributors

Sorry to hear of your dilemma, usually they are a good service center to deal with. I've been using them for more then 10 years now and they have been very accomodating to me, even covering some thing outside of warranty so I'm suprised to hear of your bad experience. You should call the service manager and explain your situation, maybe they will offer you something for future service....
Old 07-24-2009, 05:14 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by m630' post='953271' date='Jul 24 2009, 03:12 PM
Sorry to hear of your dilemma, usually they are a good service center to deal with. I've been using them for more then 10 years now and they have been very accomodating to me, even covering some thing outside of warranty so I'm suprised to hear of your bad experience. You should call the service manager and explain your situation, maybe they will offer you something for future service....
another factor in this could be because you drive a 2008 m6 and he drives a 2005 525. Obviously they are going to stay true to someone who has been dropping loads of cash on cars and who has bmw's top of the line.

no matter what dealership you goto there are always going to be good and bad stories. Cant please everyone.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

I'd try a different dealership. It's true that you would always hear bad stories about any places from someone.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:48 PM
Members

My Ride: 525i

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='953616' date='Jul 24 2009, 09:14 PM
another factor in this could be because you drive a 2008 m6 and he drives a 2005 525. Obviously they are going to stay true to someone who has been dropping loads of cash on cars and who has bmw's top of the line.

no matter what dealership you goto there are always going to be good and bad stories. Cant please everyone.
thats so true to. good point
Old 07-27-2009, 09:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Hassel BMW sucks.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:14 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

BMW of Manhattan - the only dealer to take your car to that I know gets things done.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, bro.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:02 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='953616' date='Jul 24 2009, 09:14 PM

....not true at all, i've been using this dealership for over 10 years straight now, and the first new car I purchased from them was in 2000, a 323i. They have been great since then, and it was in fact on my 323 that they often covered items outside of warranty....sure they luv my big cars since, but they have been great all the same
Old 07-28-2009, 07:01 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: ***SOLD*** 2006 530xi Sapphire Metallic Black with Auburn Dakota Leather Sport Seats, Dark Poplar Wood Trim,Cold, Premium,Premium Sound,Sport Package Steptronic,Active Cruise Control Comfort access, Comfort Seats, Front and Rear Heated seats Adaptive Headlights, Idrive, Navigation, Bluetooth, Sirius Radio, Ipod Interface ACS roof, ACS trunk spoiler, front ACS bumper spoiler with carbon fiber lip and carbon pillars. 20% tints all around. 19' Bremmer rims.

I've been using them since April 2008 and had ups and downs with them. More positives then negatives. I had a few issue with some of the things that occured to my car when it was in their care but once I addressed them nicely to the manager I was given a new SA and the service has been nothing but exceptional since. My car is actually there now getting some work done, they gave me a loaner (new 3) which was surprising b/c i didnt buy the car from them. The manager and my new SA guaranteed my car to be ready by close today.

If I was you I would just ask for the manager he's a cool guy maybe he can work with you on the diagnostic fee since you told them what the problem was. Also if your handy with repairing your car go to the parts dept buy the window regulator and install it yourself. I know my dad is doing his 7 series next week the parts dept told him its relatively easy just take your time. That alone will save you money. They wont have a problem releasing your car to you, they just mark your account as service or part denied by client and will be performed at a later date and time. They did that form me when they said i needed a thermostat (I bought it in parts and had my dad install).

(AWG) As for not giving the same kind of treatment b/c make and model thats purely not the case.. my car is a 2006 530xi and I was treated with the same respect and service as the guy next to me in the 2009 m3 and the m6 convert behind me. The manager always comes over to me and gives me nothing but compliments on what I have done to my car and hasnt thus far pushed me aside b/c my car is 3 years old.

Anyways good luck with your car and let us know how you make out.

Quick Reply: hassal bmw are thieves