Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Has anyone had good experience with BMW service?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 04:40 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i Titanium Silver

I wonder if anyone had good experience with BMW service. Took my car today for AUX retrofitting (programming only since part was installed before). They hold me in the waiting room for 2 hours and after that told me that programming keeps crashing. Surprisingly to me they gave me loaner for free of charge and said they will keep trying to program my car. 4 hours later they called me and told me that coding crashed 4 times and they suspect that radio is bad (I presume that's CCC) and it might need to be replaced, but they will try programming one more time tomorrow morning. Yes, granted, my car is of early 2004 models (MY 2003/10), but still shouldn't they figure out why it was working before and nothing works right now. Honestly, if something does not work after 3rd time shouldn't they open call with BMW support rather then bang head against the wall trying to program car which does not accept coding?

just venting... sorry about that...
Old 07-02-2008, 06:17 PM
Senior Members

I've been very happy with my service experiences at DiFeo BMW's workshop.

Re your experience, BMW won't authorize replacement of a CCC until specific protocols and tests are followed and I doubt that the workshop is inclined to waste man-hours and programming time unless they believe it will result in a positive outcome.

Since they gave you a loaner, it doesn't really sound like a bad service experience though. What was your point?
Old 07-02-2008, 10:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

I've had. All my services has been very good. Service Advisor is excellent and all. Service manager is a jerk but Technicians and Service Advisor are excellent.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:34 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='615090' date='Jul 2 2008, 11:30 PM
I've had. All my services has been very good. Service Advisor is excellent and all. Service manager is a jerk but Technicians and Service Advisor are excellent.
May I ask which dealership you go to?
Old 07-03-2008, 07:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Sapphire Black Metallic 525i. Beige Dakota Leather, Premium package, bluetooth, BMW Assist, Xenon adaptive lights, Sirius radio

Originally Posted by heavy_g' post='615091' date='Jul 3 2008, 01:34 AM
May I ask which dealership you go to?
My experiences with Grady BMW in Mobile, AL have been great
Old 07-03-2008, 07:15 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

Habberstad BMW has been very good, my last four cars have been leased and serviced there.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 CarbonBlack 535d, Ventilated and Heated Comfort Seats with Massage in Black Nasca Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, Professional Navi, Folding Rear Seats, Load Through, Advanced Remote, PDC, Bluetooth, Dimming and folding Mirrors, Bi-Xenons, Hi-Fi, Tinted

My BMW Service (BMW Bychl) was always excellent, sometimes too much when they left their tools in the engine bay or handed me the car and forgot to do the job. Really great.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '05 545 Titanium Silver, Black Leather - Nav, Logic 7, Cold weather. Mods: Carbon filter removed. M5 iDrive knob. Umnitza license plate LEDs. MP3 40% 3M tint ACS Anti-Roll(sway) bars RPI Scoop G-tech Pro RR CF Roundels CF Wheel caps

Originally Posted by bars_sun' post='614894' date='Jul 2 2008, 08:40 PM
I wonder if anyone had good experience with BMW service. Took my car today for AUX retrofitting (programming only since part was installed before). They hold me in the waiting room for 2 hours and after that told me that programming keeps crashing. Surprisingly to me they gave me loaner for free of charge and said they will keep trying to program my car. 4 hours later they called me and told me that coding crashed 4 times and they suspect that radio is bad (I presume that's CCC) and it might need to be replaced, but they will try programming one more time tomorrow morning. Yes, granted, my car is of early 2004 models (MY 2003/10), but still shouldn't they figure out why it was working before and nothing works right now. Honestly, if something does not work after 3rd time shouldn't they open call with BMW support rather then bang head against the wall trying to program car which does not accept coding?

just venting... sorry about that...

Doesn't sound like such a bad experience except that you didn't get your car finished when both you and they expected but not directly their fault (as far as we know!). They didn't keep you waiting around longer than 2 hours, an AUX program is supposed to be 1.5 hours i believe, they gave you a loaner, they called to update you. Sounds like with programming it's not like they have someone sat with your car the whole time just plug it in and check back later, just a PITA that it takes so long to find out it crashed.

Anyway good luck...hope the loaner is somewhat decent!
Old 07-03-2008, 12:50 PM
Members

So far no complaints.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '05 545 Titanium Silver, Black Leather - Nav, Logic 7, Cold weather. Mods: Carbon filter removed. M5 iDrive knob. Umnitza license plate LEDs. MP3 40% 3M tint ACS Anti-Roll(sway) bars RPI Scoop G-tech Pro RR CF Roundels CF Wheel caps

Actually having my car in for an oil change next week and a few things looked at.

Hopefully this will be a nice experience

Maybe I'll ask them to remove the floor mats...

Quick Reply: Has anyone had good experience with BMW service?