Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.
View Poll Results: Take care to select your correct region please.....
Yes - UK ONLY
15.63%
No - UK ONLY
15.63%
Yes - Rest of Europe ONLY
3.13%
No - Rest of Europe ONLY
3.13%
Yes - USA / Canada ONLY
34.38%
No - USA / Canada ONLY
28.13%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Happy with your Main Dealer ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 530d M-Sport

Nice and simple........

Are you happy overall with your Main Dealer ??

Personally I find Sopers of Lincoln and Listers of Boston useless and totally unfriendly towards their customers and about as useful as an empty fuel can.

I never seem to hear anything good about BMW Main Dealers in the UK anymore, a real shame, we were looking to replace the wifes car last year and went by Kia to look at a Sportage and a Ceed, the Dealers were exceptional, my father in law has a Kia an also received top notch service from them, makes you wonder why we pay so much money when the cheapies seem to do it so much better ?

On these forums people seem overall to rate the performance of their Main Dealer in the USA and Canada ?? or do they, interested to see if there is a void between the UK and the USA / Canada when it comes to dealing with our dealers ?

How about the rest of Europe...........

Please pick the correct region when voting.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:04 PM
Senior Members

I realised I could merge this all into 1 poll, sorry if you already voted in the others before I had some spare brain cells kicking around
Old 02-10-2009, 12:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

"Spare brain cells"??? good stuff!! I'm mostly happy with my dealership, and voted so!
Old 02-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

There are only 2 decent dealers here in Dallas. Where I originally purchased my car (Moritz BMW) is too far, so I'm making an appointment with another dealer (Classic BMW).
Old 02-10-2009, 12:23 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Autohaus in the St. Louis area is the best. They just opened a brand new showroom and service facility a couple of months ago (big leather chairs, TV, Starbucks and snacks while you wait), and the SAs are the best.

The other local dealers-- I don't know their service departments since I was so turned off by the sales staff I never went back.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:08 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d

Originally Posted by Phantom Mark' post='789686' date='Feb 10 2009, 08:53 PM
Nice and simple........

I never seem to hear anything good about BMW Main Dealers in the UK anymore, a real shame, we were looking to replace the wifes car last year and went by Kia to look at a Sportage and a Ceed, the Dealers were exceptional, my father in law has a Kia an also received top notch service from them, makes you wonder why we pay so much money when the cheapies seem to do it so much better ?
The sales department for the cheapies need to shift their cars which is tough at times, while the likes of BMW, Merc etc feel their cars sell themselves. In my opinion, I have found large delaerships that are group owned have the worst customer service record. All the staff there are interested in is to pick up their pay packet and thats it. There is virtually zero care and I refuse to go and give them any of my hard earned cash.

Instead I trek over 40miles to a small'ish (used to be) dealership who I think are worth it. The service and parts department are A1. The sales guys I would say better than most. Been with the dealer since 1996 when a BMW area manager recommended I pick car up from them. Never looked back since and just picked up an E60 from them a few weeks back. All my service and parts will be done with them.

So it ain't all that bad.

cheers
Old 02-10-2009, 01:59 PM
Senior Members

I believe you mate, just havn't found a dealer of that quality close to me sadly, I would glady travel a few miles at least for good service from people I can trust to look after my car properly.

Lincoln is already 18 miles from me, and Boston must be 16 miles..........would happily double that if its worth the trip.

Im on my 4th BM now, this E60 being the newest I had so far, I got lots of small problems with it and im basicaly scared to take it in because the service is that bad !!!

Oil service and other stuff coming up soon as well

Local INDI is useless as well.............
Old 02-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i 2006 BMW X3

I voted yes, based on the local dealer but I've bought the 550i and other BMWs from dealers in other nearby cities. I like my local dealer service department but have mixxed thoughts on their sales. I didn't like how hard it was to get a deal where I bought the 550i and probably won't consider them again. The 3rd dealer is the easiest to deal with most of the time but is a small market and may not have what I want. Although I did order a car from them once.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 525d M-Sport Saloon M57N2 3.0d LCI EXTERIOR: Jet Black, ///M-Aerodynamic Bodystyling, ///M-Rear Spoiler, De-badged, Gradual Tint Windscreen, ///M-Double Spoke 172M 19" Alloy Wheels (with non-run flats & space saver spare wheel) & ///M-Sports Suspension; INTERIOR: ///M-Steering Wheel, Black Dakota Leather Heated Sports Seats with Electric Lumbar Supports, Brushed Aluminium Interior Trim & Anthracite Headlining.

To be honest, my general experience of garages and dealerships of many different makes (not just BMW) has been pathetic over the years. From back street places, to indy's to main dealers, I have struggled to find many that really care, are professional and more importantly have any clue what they're doing. My cars have been bodged and paintwork scratched on many ocassions. My expectation of BMW (this being my first) was way higher than the general service I have recieved. It makes my blood boil sitting in the service waiting area, listening to the 'dolled up women' (no disrespect intended here) feeding absolute BS to customers - many of whom themselves have no clue about cars and take them on face value! What I haven't yet worked out is if they are really just feeding complete BS deliberately or if they are actually this clueless!

Absolute classic for me was when I complainted that an oily mark had been made in the boot of my car - the nice lady on reception said, "The 'technican' (note lack of the work mechanic) only had to disconnect the battery so would not have needed to go in your boot sir!"

First point is, this statement begins to call me a liar in a roundabout way which I'm not really happy about and the second point.......... well I don't need to go there do I!

The majority of the above 'main dealer' experience refers to company cars that I have had. With regards my own personal cars, my dad has always done most of my work as he has his own business. This is massively helpful, not only on a cost front, but also as a peace of mind thing, as I know I won't get ripped off (only pay trade prices for parts and no labour) and that my paintwork won't get marked. Problem is I no longer live in the immediate area.

On a downside, I am trying to maintain the all important 'BMW Stamp' with my e60 (which is mine - not a company car).
Old 02-10-2009, 03:08 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Phantom Mark' post='789686' date='Feb 10 2009, 04:53 PM
Nice and simple........

Are you happy overall with your Main Dealer ??

Personally I find Sopers of Lincoln and Listers of Boston useless and totally unfriendly towards their customers and about as useful as an empty fuel can.

On these forums people seem overall to rate the performance of their Main Dealer in the USA and Canada ?? or do they, interested to see if there is a void between the UK and the USA / Canada when it comes to dealing with our dealers ?

How about the rest of Europe...........

Please pick the correct region when voting.

Are you taking these poll results and reporting them to the national BMW dealership association of E60.net for an immediate stimulus package and recovery plan?

Quick Reply: Happy with your Main Dealer ?