Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Habberstad BMW in Long Island....horrible dealership

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 02:33 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so as some of you may have read, i had a problem with my right rear wheel facing toe in(inwards). So i went to the dealership 7am to get an alignment. 5pm i get a call from Darlene (SA). She tells me that all 4 of my wheels are bent and that an alignment would not do anything and if i they should still do they alignment or not. First thing is, WTH were they doing for 10 hrs with the car, only to ask me if they should continue with what i had told them to do. This is the second time i brought my car in for something simple and i get delayed till the next day. So i get a call, they did the alignment and she still mentions your wheels are still bent. Now for one, i know my wheels are not bent since i had inspected them myself and theirs no way all 4 of them would be bent, if that was the case the vibration would have been severe. I get there, and WALA they curb rashed my RIM WHICH I HAD RECENTLY GOT FIXED. BEST PART IS THIS B*%TCH GIVES ME AN ATTITUDE AND SAYS IT WAS THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE . I argued and now ill have to come in again for a wheel repair, im sure when i do there gonna pull some BS and try to make me pay for them. I don't understand why every time i go in for service, something always comes out worse. Good news is no more vibration!!, but i have a new issue, repairing my m166's again .....i havent had a good expierence yet and will not be go back to Habberstad BMW anymore.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

oo sorry to hear that... i got my car back and my lower bumper was scratched.. in a spot where i know for a fact nothing was there... im not even gonna bother arguing with them cause theyll want me to prove it.. and ill have the small scrathes fixed myself and quicker then if i gave it to them.. to be honest you just cant trust ANYONE with your car.. they dont have the same caring or consideration as we do.. its the drivers in the service area.. ive seen them acting a fool! and it urkes me to no end.. try another dealer from now on.. thats all i can say
Old 11-25-2008, 02:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by aresh' post='731295' date='Nov 25 2008, 06:33 PM
Ok so as some of you may have read, i had a problem with my right rear wheel facing toe in(inwards). So i went to the dealership 7am to get an alignment. 5pm i get a call from Darlene (SA). She tells me that all 4 of my wheels are bent and that an alignment would not do anything and if i they should still do they alignment or not. First thing is, WTH were they doing for 10 hrs with the car, only to ask me if they should continue with what i had told them to do. This is the second time i brought my car in for something simple and i get delayed till the next day. So i get a call, they did the alignment and she still mentions your wheels are still bent. Now for one, i know my wheels are not bent since i had inspected them myself and theirs no way all 4 of them would be bent, if that was the case the vibration would have been severe. I get there, and WALA they curb rashed my RIM WHICH I HAD RECENTLY GOT FIXED. BEST PART IS THIS B*%TCH GIVES ME AN ATTITUDE AND SAYS IT WAS THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE . I argued and now ill have to come in again for a wheel repair, im sure when i do there gonna pull some BS and try to make me pay for them. I don't understand why every time i go in for service, something always comes out worse. Good news is no more vibration!!, but i have a new issue, repairing my m166's again .....i havent had a good expierence yet and will not be go back to Habberstad BMW anymore.
That's odd. I hate Rallye even worse, but think Habberstad is great. I actually know Darlene too and she takes good care of many members on this site and M5Board. Weird...
Old 11-25-2008, 02:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='731306' date='Nov 25 2008, 06:48 PM
That's odd. I hate Rallye even worse, but think Habberstad is great. I actually know Darlene too and she takes good care of many members on this site and M5Board. Weird...
maybe she likes uuuuuuuuuu calton.. or was pms'ing that day...
Old 11-25-2008, 03:42 PM
Senior Members

hm that is strange, ill go with PMS'ing. I got an immediate attitude as i walked in, it was like hi im here to pick up the car you called me about and she goes ok, go in the waiting room and talk to the cashier. The thing that really bugged me was they curb my rim and then she gives me an attitude and all i want is for my car to look good and run good. Is that too much to ask for
Old 11-25-2008, 03:44 PM
Senior Members

but i will vouch for Frank, i believe thats his name, great guy, very nice and friendly, and professional.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:13 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

I have had great service at Habberstad and they do a walk around my car before I leave it and mention to me any scratches etc. Never had a problem. I know Eric Habberstad, he is at my golf club. If you PM me your real name, car info and when you brought it in I will try to help if you want.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Always ask for TJ to work on your car too. He's probably one of the best techs for BMW. He also happens to be there Dinan Guru as well.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:18 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i, Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Nav, Jet Black, natural brown interior, automatic, Logic 7, ipod, lane departure warning.

Originally Posted by aresh' post='731354' date='Nov 25 2008, 07:44 PM
but i will vouch for Frank, i believe thats his name, great guy, very nice and friendly, and professional.
Going to Habberstad tomorrow for second time in one year. Haven't had any complaints yet...One thig to note (which I did at MB for my wifes car) is to give your SA $20 when u drop your off. It seems silly to tip someone who is doing their job, but it really goes a long way. The care you receive is incredible. The SA at MB practically got on his knees (sorry to paint this insensitive picture Mel )...anyway...those at my two cents. Spend $20 to care for your $70K automobile...
Old 11-25-2008, 06:26 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by moschse' post='731488' date='Nov 25 2008, 10:18 PM
Going to Habberstad tomorrow for second time in one year. Haven't had any complaints yet...One thig to note (which I did at MB for my wifes car) is to give your SA $20 when u drop your off. It seems silly to tip someone who is doing their job, but it really goes a long way. The care you receive is incredible. The SA at MB practically got on his knees (sorry to paint this insensitive picture Mel )...anyway...those at my two cents. Spend $20 to care for your $70K automobile...
Really? That seems a bit weird to me.

Quick Reply: Habberstad BMW in Long Island....horrible dealership