Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

First 48 hrs. and pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 08:53 PM
sj3
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah! First Aid Kit!
Attached Thumbnails First 48 hrs. and pics-firstaid.jpg  
Old 05-16-2004, 08:54 PM
sj3
Senior Members

Controls for comfort seats.
Attached Thumbnails First 48 hrs. and pics-seatcontrols.jpg  
Old 05-17-2004, 02:57 AM
Senior Members

great pics and nice info on the pick up of the car. I'm curious too about the nav and radio info. I wonder if the US versions are supposed to support that. I seem to remember seeing some nav photos with that side area showing another function, like radio settings.

It would be really nice if the Idrive screen would allow viewing of 'in-use' functions like radio frequencies, and/or AC status, and/or oil pressure, etc (use selectable) when driving and when the iDrive is not 'in-use'.

That would make that screen usable (if chosen) to be a very functional part of the car, beyond settings and answer some people's concerns about not having instant view/access to radio settings.

just an idea (but I'm not on their software team.....)

and by the way, how the heck did you get the first aid kit, when you didn't do ED and they aren't supposed to be putting them in US vehicles? great luck!
Old 05-17-2004, 03:44 AM
Contributors

great pictures but did they leave out the warning triangle? it is standard in the uk
Old 05-17-2004, 03:54 AM
sj3
Senior Members

Dr. D. and qDavis: Where exactly do they put the warning triangle? I have no idea how I ended up w/the first aid kit. I did not do an ED or sneak over inside the VPC to purloin it before it was removed. My understanding was the US customers did not get a first aid kit. 1. I was wrong, 2. everybody now (and before, maybe) gets the kit, or 3. I got lucky. No idea which! I've got a few more pics of the engine bay and also various views of the front armrest in various stages of opening. I was afraid I was uploading too many but let me know if there's interest. Thanks much. I almost posted this is the "Managing the Wait" thread but thought it may have been too much stimulation for the people still waiting!

Sam
Old 05-17-2004, 04:14 AM
Contributors

Sam, the warning triangle fits just behind the first aid kit in the tool flap. Your picture shows the instructions for it embossed into its holder.

thanks for sparing us waiting but I find the closer mine comes, the greater my hunger for more pictures, esp of the interior.

enjoy your new car...it looks fantastic

DD (john)
Old 05-17-2004, 04:30 AM
Contributors

I got the first aid kit also, but didn't get the cool compartments in the trunk. I wonder why? Maybe they are only on the 545's...??? I have a 530.

Beautiful color! I had this color on my last 3 series and loved it.

James
Old 05-17-2004, 04:36 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545i/6sp SilverGray/Beige

Re: Nav + radio...

I don't think you can put anything on the right other than the choices that you have when you shift the puck to the right and press it.

What you can do is put the NAV map on the right and view the full complement of iDrive functionality on the main left screen.

Orient Blue was one of my choices, but my wife saw OB and Silver Gray side-by-side and preferred the Silver Gray.

-MrB
Old 05-17-2004, 05:47 AM
Members

congratulations on the car, looks fantastic.

Thanks for the pictures
Old 05-17-2004, 06:44 AM
DrT
Members

Fanstastic choice! Beautiful looking car.

I had Orient Blue on a 525iSE in Germany, my last 325 Touring and now on the new car, arrives Wednesday

Unlike most of you I have chosen against run flats - had I gone for the 17" I would have taken the 116 like you. Did you go for beige leather interior ?

See my car already on Friday but they couldn't get it PDI'd over the weekend for me. Bum luck.

Quick Reply: First 48 hrs. and pics