Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Finally update my 05' 545i and problem fixed

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 09:19 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW White 545i w/ Premium, Sport, Dynamic Handling Package

Just finally picked up my car after left the car at dealer yesterday. was goin to pick up the car yesterday, but the tech told me that the system crashed while updating new software 17.

after the software updated, the whole transmission problem is solved. it runs excellent and smooth. gosh i love my car again. also fix the window for the squeaking sound, no more noise from the window.

bluetooth actived, but i can't connect with my O2 mini xda, i believe none of the smartphone or pda fone can be connected. i had also tried wit my S700i but still not working. in the bluetooth menu only shows Motorola fones, is it the reason they only activate the bluetooth wit motorolo only?

MP3 seems not workin in my car, my car was build in Dec. 04. is there anyway to make it work except having those ipod aux.

here are some pics i want to shaer. hopefully can get some rims and kit on soon.

My car has Premium, Sport and Dynamic packages. too bad i can't get this baby with Navi because this was the only last white one available in Canada when i pick up my car in Jun. next shipment came in end of Aug which i don't want to wait.
Attached Thumbnails Finally update my 05' 545i and problem fixed-1.jpg   Finally update my 05' 545i and problem fixed-2.jpg   Finally update my 05' 545i and problem fixed-dscf6341.jpg   Finally update my 05' 545i and problem fixed-dscf6343.jpg   Finally update my 05' 545i and problem fixed-dscf6345.jpg  

Finally update my 05' 545i and problem fixed-dscf6346.jpg   Finally update my 05' 545i and problem fixed-dscf6352.jpg  
Old 07-14-2005, 09:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Nice Color combo!

The Treo650 works.....
Old 07-14-2005, 10:32 PM
Members

thx man. it's the car chosen me cuz i dun have too much option to choose the car since this is the last white one i can get in Canada so far.

Here is the only thing i modded so far.
changed my side indicator bulb to chrome, it blinks in orange still.
Attached Thumbnails Finally update my 05&#39; 545i and problem fixed-dscf6353.jpg  
Old 07-15-2005, 01:17 AM
Senior Members

i personally think the red reflectors still look better .
Old 07-15-2005, 02:46 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by PuRePLaYaZ' date='Jul 14 2005, 10:19 PM
...I had also tried wit my S700i but still not working. in the bluetooth menu only shows Motorola fones, is it the reason they only activate the bluetooth wit motorolo only?
[snapback]149299[/snapback]

I am not sure what you mean by the Bluetooth menu showing Motorola phones only. The Bluetooth menu does NOT show a list of phones that are allowed to link with it. It just shows the phones that have been linked with it in the past. So if you see Motorola phones listed there it is probably what the dealer used to test it. You should delete all phones in the list that are not yours by clicking on the phone name and then deleting or removing it from the list.

My Sony Ericsson S710a works perfectly, I think the S700i should also work. Once you have removed all the phones from iDrive the Bluetooth screen should say something like "Bluetooth phone connectable in this screen". At this point turn on BT in the S700i and tell it to search for BT devices. When it finds the car it will tell you and ask for a passcode. You can enter 0000, and then Idrive will ask you for the passcode as well, enter 0000 and that should do it.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:33 AM
Members

My Ride: 03/2003 530i manual, silver, leather truffle brown, wood dash, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) , alarm, protective windows, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, phone pro with sliding armrest, nav business/mp3, logic 7, cd changer, rear heated seats, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, fold down rear seats, skibag, run flats on 17" 122-style rims

i used to think that white is a boring color. but on your E60, it just looks great. congrats.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:59 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Looks good -- get a pair of reflectors and it'll be perfect...
Old 07-15-2005, 06:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

VERY NICE! Theres not that many whites around. I like it every time I see it.
Old 07-15-2005, 06:35 AM
Members

My Ride: 2014 550i M-Sport (on order) 2011 335is 6 speed (current) 2005 545i 6 speed (sold)

I also have an '05 545i built in 12/04. Initially, my Blackbery 7100g (Cingular) would not work with the car --- there is actually a "known issue" on this posted on the RIM website. I would to switchout the SIM card from my Blackberry to a Motorola v551 when I was in the car. The v551 bluetooth link worked beautifully.

Anyhow, a couple of weeks ago, my CCC broke down and I got a new CCC installed. The dealer updated the software on my car as part of the installation. I figured I'd give the Blackberry another chance with the new software, and sure enough, it worked! The address book will not sync like the Motorola, but I can make and receive calls via Bluetooth and incomming calls display Caller ID on the iDrive screen. It's not quite as functional as the Motorola, but not so bad as to make me want to continue to swap the SIM card between my different phones.

I can only assume that the updated software fixed the Blackberry linking issue.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:38 PM
Members

thx guys, i really enjoy my E60 as any of u do.

after i followin the steps to pair with my O2 mini XDA, i can now successfully pair with the car, however i still can't make a call via bluetooth not even phonebook. i will try to pair with my S700i later to see if it can work. i just found out u can even voice dial via bluetooth, can't wait to get this work right. guess it's time for another new phone

i saw few white 525 around, but not yet see any 545 so far. i did see a black E60 with M-sport kit, but not sure it's 530 or 545. don't know if that guy is on board or not.

btw, anyone knows if MP3 compatible with 12/04 build E60? also anywhere to get the rear reflector.

Quick Reply: Finally update my 05' 545i and problem fixed