Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Finally....I'm off to Munich to pick up my 545i

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 11:18 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Oct 27 2004, 09:43 PM
i think the more i read this forum, the more i want to do ed .? probably for the ones who want to do it, we can make it like a meet & greet thing and we all do it at the same time.? i think it'll be very cool .
[snapback]50165[/snapback]
I did ED on July 16 this year, I found Bimmerfest a very useful forum for ED specific discussion. My wife and I drove through Austria into Italy, spent two nights in Venice, two nights in Florence, 3 nights in Rome, one night en route to Pizza, one night in Pizza, two nights in Nice. Car broken in Stretched her legs through the South of France to Barcelona and back to Nice.

Wonderful memories and a great way to get your Bimmer. I highly recomend it.
Old 10-29-2004, 01:30 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Oct 28 2004, 09:18 PM
[quote name='alohalc' date='Oct 27 2004, 09:43 PM']i think the more i read this forum, the more i want to do ed .? probably for the ones who want to do it, we can make it like a meet & greet thing and we all do it at the same time.? i think it'll be very cool .
[snapback]50165[/snapback]
I did ED on July 16 this year, I found Bimmerfest a very useful forum for ED specific discussion. My wife and I drove through Austria into Italy, spent two nights in Venice, two nights in Florence, 3 nights in Rome, one night en route to Pizza, one night in Pizza, two nights in Nice. Car broken in Stretched her legs through the South of France to Barcelona and back to Nice.

Wonderful memories and a great way to get your Bimmer. I highly recomend it.
[snapback]50610[/snapback]
[/quote]
the only thing that i'm worried is the crazy shopping my gf and i will do . i'll probably save on the car but will end up be more than the msrp after the air tix, hotels, shoppings, etc :'(.
Old 10-29-2004, 05:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW M-Power

Originally Posted by Paul K' date='Oct 27 2004, 03:30 PM
On Oct 6 in Munich I picked up my 545i - Mystic Blue w/Beige, SMG, HUD, Prem Snd, Cold weather pkge, Heated rear seats with ski bag.? Had a blast driving thru the alps in Switzerland & France.? Put on 3500 kms and tested top speed on return to Munich - a fantastic car.? Handed to Harms on Oct 14.? The BMW USA web site says it is still awaiting transportation - does anyone know if they update the information for Euro delivery cars?
[snapback]50039[/snapback]
Paul, you can email the EH Harms office you dropped off and ask them for info on ths shipping info, be sure to provide the VIN # and description of your car.

The Harm's office email addy is in the white BMW folder they gave you for Zoll Registration and Insurance paper (I take it you haven' looked at it like most of us ).

I can't tell where you in the US you are at, but if you live in the East coast, your car should be docking this week or the next

cheers,

beewang
Old 10-29-2004, 06:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Oct 29 2004, 02:30 AM
the only thing that i'm worried is the crazy shopping my gf and i will do .? i'll probably save on the car but will end up be more than the msrp after the air tix, hotels, shoppings, etc :'(.
[snapback]50628[/snapback]
ED is NOT, repeat NOT cheaper!. Yes I saved 4Gs on my car and used miles to fly there and back, but come on guys, you are on holiday and driving a $60K machine, so you will be staying in decent hotels, with parking, you do have to eat, your GF will shop etc etc. Its a great vacation, but if you fly all the way there just to save money on your car.... forget it.
Old 10-29-2004, 07:08 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530i 6speed

I'm off next Wed. to get my 530i.

I will save money on the trip. I need to go to Munich, Stuttgart and Dusseldorf on business anyway, so the trip is a total write off.

I would do it even if it wasn't for the thrill of driving MY 530 on the autoban, not a rental.

wish me luck.
Old 10-29-2004, 08:00 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: MY05 545i Jet Black with Auburn interior. SMG, Logic7, Sport Package, Comfort Seats, Navigation.

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Oct 29 2004, 08:27 AM
ED is NOT,? repeat? NOT cheaper!.? Yes I saved 4Gs on my car and used miles to fly there and back,? but come on guys,? you are on holiday and driving a $60K machine,? so you will be staying in decent hotels,? with parking,? you do have to eat,? your GF will shop etc etc.? Its a great vacation,? but if you fly all the way there just to save money on your car.... forget it.
[snapback]50670[/snapback]

I beg to differ. In my case, not only I saved the advertised 7%, I also was able to control dealer's profit margin. Without publishing what I have paid. I feel that I saved $7,000 compared to what I would have paid for a in-lot car. I have budgeted to spend $500 for air ticket, $60 + tax + parking = $80 x 4 days = $320 for lodging, $400 for food and beer and gas, tickets etc. So the net savings is more like $5800 dollars.

Bear in mind that I have made the first payment already without ever seeing my car. So herein lies the drawback: The wait is gonna make you crazy, and you do loose the 2 month interest paid on your car loan. However, I will get to see Munich, Dachau (concentration camp), Dingolfin factory, Stuttgard (Mercedes factory tour), and Neuschwanstein catles, so this will even out things.

If I had stayed those 4 days at home, I still had to eat, use gas, and spend money. Albeit at lesser extent. But the point is, I feel it WILL be worth it (going to Munich next week).
Old 10-29-2004, 08:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

Originally Posted by jobah' date='Oct 29 2004, 06:08 PM
I'm off next Wed. to get my 530i.

I will save money on the trip. I need to go to Munich, Stuttgart and Dusseldorf on business anyway, so the trip is a total write off.

I would do it even if it wasn't for the thrill of driving MY 530 on the autoban, not a rental.

wish me luck.
[snapback]50687[/snapback]

Good luck

Skaffa
Old 10-29-2004, 12:46 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by speedracerF4i' date='Oct 29 2004, 06:00 AM
[quote name='Hormazd' date='Oct 29 2004, 08:27 AM']ED is NOT,? repeat? NOT cheaper!.?? Yes I saved 4Gs on my car and used miles to fly there and back,? but come on guys,? you are on holiday and driving a $60K machine,? so you will be staying in decent hotels,? with parking,? you do have to eat,? your GF will shop etc etc.?? Its a great vacation,? but if you fly all the way there just to save money on your car.... forget it.

I beg to differ. In my case, not only I saved the advertised 7%, I also was able to control dealer's profit margin. Without publishing what I have paid. I feel that I saved $7,000 compared to what I would have paid for a in-lot car. I have budgeted to spend $500 for air ticket, $60 + tax + parking = $80 x 4 days = $320 for lodging, $400 for food and beer and gas, tickets etc. So the net savings is more like $5800 dollars.

Bear in mind that I have made the first payment already without ever seeing my car. So herein lies the drawback: The wait is gonna make you crazy, and you do loose the 2 month interest paid on your car loan. However, I will get to see Munich, Dachau (concentration camp), Dingolfin factory, Stuttgard (Mercedes factory tour), and Neuschwanstein catles, so this will even out things.

If I had stayed those 4 days at home, I still had to eat, use gas, and spend money. Albeit at lesser extent. But the point is, I feel it WILL be worth it (going to Munich next week).
[snapback]50714[/snapback]
[/quote]
hormazd, i'm not saying you are wrong. but from what i've heard is similar as what speedracerf4i just said. i'll seriously consider ed next time when i get another bmw. but it won't be in the near future or my gf will kill me :bashwall:.
Old 10-29-2004, 02:59 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Oct 29 2004, 01:46 PM
[quote name='speedracerF4i' date='Oct 29 2004, 06:00 AM'][quote name='Hormazd' date='Oct 29 2004, 08:27 AM']ED is NOT,? repeat? NOT cheaper!.?? Yes I saved 4Gs on my car and used miles to fly there and back,? but come on guys,? you are on holiday and driving a $60K machine,? so you will be staying in decent hotels,? with parking,? you do have to eat,? your GF will shop etc etc.?? Its a great vacation,? but if you fly all the way there just to save money on your car.... forget it.

[/quote]
hormazd, i'm not saying you are wrong. but from what i've heard is similar as what speedracerf4i just said. i'll seriously consider ed next time when i get another bmw. but it won't be in the near future or my gf will kill me :bashwall:.
[snapback]50829[/snapback]
[/quote]

Sure, he is right if you only go for 4 days. Thats not my idea of a vacation. Just the jetlag will kill him and murder yu if you go from Hawaii. We were there 2 weeks in peak season. It was hot sunny and dry.

Europe is expensive....
Minimum $200 per night for hotels parking and Taxes.
Minimum $60 per day on food for two people.
2000 Miles at high speed in a V8 $ 700 in gas
2000 Miles through Italy France and Spain $200 in road tolls
Gifts and souvenirs for the Kids and family $300
Wife/Girlfriends shopping urge. ?????? How can you deny them. they are in Europe
Internet Access $10-15 per day.
tips and gratuities $10-15 per day
Tourist tickets, museums, tours etc. $ 300 (A 1/2 hr condola ride in Venice was ?80)
The list goes on.

I saved $4k on the car and spent $6K on the holiday. Still well worth it.

My motive was the holiday. Speedracer you will have fun and a memorable experience. But its $100 for a tank of gas. I hope you have budgeted properly.
Old 10-29-2004, 03:04 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Oct 29 2004, 12:59 PM
[quote name='alohalc' date='Oct 29 2004, 01:46 PM'][quote name='speedracerF4i' date='Oct 29 2004, 06:00 AM'][quote name='Hormazd' date='Oct 29 2004, 08:27 AM']ED is NOT,? repeat? NOT cheaper!.?? Yes I saved 4Gs on my car and used miles to fly there and back,? but come on guys,? you are on holiday and driving a $60K machine,? so you will be staying in decent hotels,? with parking,? you do have to eat,? your GF will shop etc etc.?? Its a great vacation,? but if you fly all the way there just to save money on your car.... forget it.

[/quote]
[snapback]50829[/snapback]
[/quote]

Sure, he is right if you only go for 4 days. Thats not my idea of a vacation. Just the jetlag will kill him and murder yu if you go from Hawaii. We were there 2 weeks in peak season. It was hot sunny and dry.

Europe is expensive....
Minimum $200 per night for hotels parking and Taxes.
Minimum $60 per day on food for two people.
2000 Miles at high speed in a V8 $ 700 in gas
2000 Miles through Italy France and Spain $200 in road tolls
Gifts and souvenirs for the Kids and family $300
Wife/Girlfriends shopping urge. ?????? How can you deny them. they are in Europe
Internet Access $10-15 per day.
The list goes on.

I saved $4k on the car and $6K on the holiday. Still well worth it.
[snapback]50910[/snapback]
[/quote]
i think it's worth it. no matter where we go, we need to spend some money. even at home, we still can shop online . so $6k for you probably means double for me . both my gf and i are crazy shoppers .

Quick Reply: Finally....I'm off to Munich to pick up my 545i