Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Extended Maintenance Plan

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 12:41 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me know what you think of the extended maintenance plan. I was told that the maintenance plan can be extended through 100K miles or 2yrs from the time you pay for the plan. I'm planning on keeping my car for the next 2 - 3 yrs and I do plan on hitting the 100K mile mark. Does anyone know how much of a savings I'll get if i extend? I believe the plan is $2,300.
Old 05-19-2008, 01:50 AM
Members

My Ride: 525d LCI - xenon, tv function,grey dakota leather,titanium silver,244 radial spokes.

I'm in the same dilemma...someone HELP !
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=55141
Old 05-19-2008, 01:54 AM
Senior Members

Try twinkidneygrill, they have the BMW Extended Maintenance for $1645. Use the code "fest" for an extra $50 off, $1595 total. They are an actual BMW dealer in Atlanta. Or use this quote at yout local dealer and see if they will match it.

Link:
http://www.twinkidneygrill.com/Quote.html
Old 05-19-2008, 11:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='583556' date='May 19 2008, 02:54 AM
Try twinkidneygrill, they have the BMW Extended Maintenance for $1645. Use the code "fest" for an extra $50 off, $1595 total. They are an actual BMW dealer in Atlanta. Or use this quote at yout local dealer and see if they will match it.

Link:
http://www.twinkidneygrill.com/Quote.html

I bought my extended warranty through them quite some time ago. Rodney was the fellow, I believe...
Old 05-19-2008, 01:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 Alpine White 530i

Wow that's really not a bad price! I'm at 45k now and in the same boat - I'll probably keep this car 2-3 years and average 25k a year of driving. So that I'm not confused.. There are TWO different plans offered: One, an original owner plan that is for 2 years or 50,000 miles for about $2800, and Two, the extension of your scheduled maintinence plan for 100k miles or 5 years whichever comes first for $1600 or so. Does the $2800 one ALSO give scheduled maintinence? Or if I wanted 2 years of everything covered AND maintinence would I need both plans? ($4400!!) Of the two plans (if they are separate) which one is really more important in the long-haul? Overall protection on everything or oil changes and brake pads?
Old 05-19-2008, 02:54 PM
Members

Originally Posted by adam81osu' post='583835' date='May 19 2008, 04:11 PM
Wow that's really not a bad price! I'm at 45k now and in the same boat - I'll probably keep this car 2-3 years and average 25k a year of driving. So that I'm not confused.. There are TWO different plans offered: One, an original owner plan that is for 2 years or 50,000 miles for about $2800, and Two, the extension of your scheduled maintinence plan for 100k miles or 5 years whichever comes first for $1600 or so. Does the $2800 one ALSO give scheduled maintinence? Or if I wanted 2 years of everything covered AND maintinence would I need both plans? ($4400!!) Of the two plans (if they are separate) which one is really more important in the long-haul? Overall protection on everything or oil changes and brake pads?
I have both but would prioritize the warranty over the maintenance. I paid 1600 for maintenance last september.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:47 PM
Contributors

Vermillo:
I got both Extended Maintenance & Extended Warranty plans from BMW right before I hit the four year make. I think they were about $3,200, total. I won't hit the 100k mark, but I did want to keep my car a couple more years. I got the warrant because of all of the electronic gizmos. I didn't have the stones to roll the dice. I got the maintenance agreement because it costs about the same as an oil change and a brake job, both of which I will end up getting. Hope this helps.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:23 PM
Members

The maintainance plan that BMW dealers offer is for 2 years, 50K miles. It goes into effect when the original warranty expires at 4 years or 50k miles, not when it is sold. There are some catches in the fine print. First, dealers charge all they can get for the plan. My dealer asked $3495 for it and after I said no, reduced it to $2495. BMW suggested list is $1695 but as an earlier poster said, can be bought for a s little as $1595 from www.twinkidneygrills.com. Now if you buy it remember it covers BMW factory maintainance schedule. That means an oil change every 15,000 miles, not whenever you want one. On brakes, they are covered "when" the brake wear warning sensor light goes on, no earlier. One other thing to note. I've been told that when you have the brakes done with BMW paying, they replace the pads but almost NEVER replace the rotors. When you have them done on your expense, they always insist you need rotors. IF you drive 50,000 miles in 2 years, that makes 3 oil changes and maybe 2 brake jobs, but probibly one. My independant charges $100 for an oil change with complete inspection using genuine BMW synthetic oil and filter, He gets $600 for a brake job using BMW pads and new rotors. I know the dealers are plenty more, but its just routine mainatince, not space shuttle service. Do the math and ask questions, even at $1595 it doesn't payoff. It is a BMW money maker.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:12 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Surfcitydude2002' post='584700' date='May 20 2008, 03:23 PM
The maintainance plan that BMW dealers offer is for 2 years, 50K miles. It goes into effect when the original warranty expires at 4 years or 50k miles, not when it is sold. There are some catches in the fine print. First, dealers charge all they can get for the plan. My dealer asked $3495 for it and after I said no, reduced it to $2495. BMW suggested list is $1695 but as an earlier poster said, can be bought for a s little as $1595 from www.twinkidneygrills.com. Now if you buy it remember it covers BMW factory maintainance schedule. That means an oil change every 15,000 miles, not whenever you want one. On brakes, they are covered "when" the brake wear warning sensor light goes on, no earlier. One other thing to note. I've been told that when you have the brakes done with BMW paying, they replace the pads but almost NEVER replace the rotors. When you have them done on your expense, they always insist you need rotors. IF you drive 50,000 miles in 2 years, that makes 3 oil changes and maybe 2 brake jobs, but probibly one. My independant charges $100 for an oil change with complete inspection using genuine BMW synthetic oil and filter, He gets $600 for a brake job using BMW pads and new rotors. I know the dealers are plenty more, but its just routine mainatince, not space shuttle service. Do the math and ask questions, even at $1595 it doesn't payoff. It is a BMW money maker.
Thx for the feedback. I opted not to extend the maintenance plan.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:27 PM
Members

I am a new BMW owner. Actually just bought a 2006 530xi. I was very interested in buying this maintence plan when I bought my car. But for $2300 bucks it was pretty hard to swallow. But for $1595 at www.twinkidneygrill.com it seems like a great price. A couple questions:

-Have anyone purchased this from twinkidneygrill.com before?
-Are they legit? Any idea how they can offer it so much lower than other dealerships?
-Will they sell to people in NY?
-Is this the same as the current 4 year 50,000 $0 maintence warranty?
-Is there a higher level warranty for the car, I've heard some refer to it as the "new car warranty"

Quick Reply: Extended Maintenance Plan