Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Experience with UK dealer(s)

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 08:43 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thought I'd share my experiences with you guys of 'buying' my E60.

I had been looking for a while to buy the sport model E60, but could no way afford it. I kept running on line quotes on www.lexfreechoice.co.uk, but it was comng out way too expensive.

Not to be deterred, I kept trying, and used a number of online portals to find the best leasing deal, such as http://www.contracthireandleasing.com.

It was here that I came across my leasing broker Concept motors. They were offering a deal that I could just about stretch to.

It was a 2 year deal on PCH. By tweaking downwards my annual mileage, which means I (hopefully) will not need to service the car during my leasing period, I was able to get within budget.

The cars were being offered by H R Owen Western Avenue. All were same spec.
Finance was arranged through BMW finance almost immediately.

The good:
Dealer was happy to hold the car for me for up to 4 weeks while I tried to sell my own car.
On picking up the car, dealer spent ample time showing me through the car and allowed me a test drive of vehicle.

The bad:
When asked if dealer would handle my private plate transfer, I was told there would be an admin fee of ?150, (on top of the DVLA fee!). On the plus side, the nice ladies at BMW finance forwarded me the V5 document, so I was able to take care of the transfer myself.