Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

ETA at VPC Dec 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 02:41 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all. Just heard that my baby's on the ship with an ETA to South Carolina VPC on Dec 2nd. Any others have that date/destination and do you know the name of the ship?

I'm close enough to think accessories - wood shifter/brake handle, winter mats. I've already bought the red reflectors from Bekkers. I don't think I need tint - we Michiganders need light to ward off depression. Any other ideas for TiSilver 545i? Thanks!
Old 11-22-2004, 02:58 PM
Members

My SA told me I have a ETA for Dec 2, too. Maybe we're on the same ship. I e-mailed him today to ask which ship but haven't heard back. I know WW has the Freedom which departed 11/21 expected arrival 12/2 at Charleston but my VIN still doesn't come up at the WW website. By the way Mihusky, I'm just up 275 from you. Did you buy from Erhard? My man is Tom Kelly.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:22 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by price9195' date='Nov 22 2004, 07:58 PM
My SA told me I have a ETA for Dec 2, too.? Maybe we're on the same ship.? I e-mailed him today to ask which ship but haven't heard back.? I know WW has the Freedom which departed 11/21 expected arrival 12/2 at Charleston but my VIN still doesn't come up at the WW website.? By the way Mihusky, I'm just up 275 from you.? Did you buy from Erhard?? My man is Tom Kelly.
[snapback]59604[/snapback]
Thanks Price. Yep, I bought at Erhard (Farmington Hills) too. I emailed my SA as well, perhaps at least one of us will get an answer. My VIN did not match on WW either so perhaps its another indication are babies are on the same ship. Cheers.
Old 11-22-2004, 04:18 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by price9195' date='Nov 22 2004, 06:58 PM
My SA told me I have a ETA for Dec 2, too.? Maybe we're on the same ship.? I e-mailed him today to ask which ship but haven't heard back.? I know WW has the Freedom which departed 11/21 expected arrival 12/2 at Charleston but my VIN still doesn't come up at the WW website.? By the way Mihusky, I'm just up 275 from you.? Did you buy from Erhard?? My man is Tom Kelly.
[snapback]59604[/snapback]

can you post the link for the WW site?

TIA
Old 11-22-2004, 04:46 PM
Contributors

can you post the link for the WW site?

TIA

WW site: look under cargo tracking

http://www.2wglobal.com/www/wep/index.jsp
Old 11-23-2004, 10:09 AM
Members

Check your VIN again today, Mihusky. Mine came up on the WW website on the Freedom. By the way, I'm not sure the cars make it to the VPC on Dec 2. They make it to port in Charleston that day. I'm not sure how long the truck ride to VPC takes--isn't it on the other side of the state? What was your build date? Mine Nov 11.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by price9195' date='Nov 23 2004, 02:09 PM
Check your VIN again today, Mihusky.? Mine came up on the WW website on the Freedom.? By the way, I'm not sure the cars make it to the VPC on Dec 2.? They make it to port in Charleston that day.? I'm not sure how long the truck ride to VPC takes--isn't it on the other side of the state?? What was your build date?? Mine Nov 11.
[snapback]59929[/snapback]
Hi Price. Yes, my car finally popped-up on the WW site on Freedom. Makes sense as my build date was Nov 11th as well. I think you are right about the Dec 2nd date being the port arrival date. I googled VPC and SC and its seems the VPC may be at the Spartanburg site (but not sure), and that would be a good distance from Port of Charleston. From the search I gathered that it takes about 2 days from port to VPC, 2-3 at VPC, and 2 days en route to dealership
Old 11-23-2004, 01:02 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Nov 23 2004, 05:56 PM
[quote name='price9195' date='Nov 23 2004, 02:09 PM']Check your VIN again today, Mihusky.? Mine came up on the WW website on the Freedom.? By the way, I'm not sure the cars make it to the VPC on Dec 2.? They make it to port in Charleston that day.? I'm not sure how long the truck ride to VPC takes--isn't it on the other side of the state?? What was your build date?? Mine Nov 11.
[snapback]59929[/snapback]
Hi Price. Yes, my car finally popped-up on the WW site on Freedom. Makes sense as my build date was Nov 11th as well. I think you are right about the Dec 2nd date being the port arrival date. I googled VPC and SC and its seems the VPC may be at the Spartanburg site (but not sure), and that would be a good distance from Port of Charleston. From the search I gathered that it takes about 2 days from port to VPC, 2-3 at VPC, and 2 days en route to dealership
[snapback]59999[/snapback]
[/quote]

That was me - mihusky, forgot to log in.
Old 11-23-2004, 03:30 PM
Senior Members

mihusky & price9195 - spoke to my dealer today and I am also on the Freedom. Have not had any luck with the VIN number. They also gave me a bill of lading number and that did not work either. I'll keep trying the VIN.

My dealer say's 7 to 10 days from port to dealer, what are yours saying?

Cheers,
Old 11-23-2004, 03:36 PM
Senior Members

just tried the VIN and it worked.....

this is awesome!

Quick Reply: ETA at VPC Dec 2