Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

En Route

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 01:56 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New E60 Owner,

Any word on your car?
Old 08-02-2004, 02:27 PM
New E60 Owner

Well...... I've found out that its on the vessel: Century Leader #5. As to when it arrives, I was guessing 8-4. I'd like to track it by the carrier, but I don't have that name, only the name of the vessel. (anyone care to help out??)

My car IS affected by the DME issue, so I'm trying to see if the VPC already has DME's or if they are going to order one after my car gets there. I hope they already have some, otherwise it will be delayed for a couple of weeks.

If it is not ordered prior to the car getting there, and has to wait a couple of weeks, I'm planning on raising hell (since I would be better off ordering a 2005 AND saving money) ; or have BMW match the 2005 price and not charge me for the comfort seats. (1200)

Also, on a side note: The DME issue was traced to a faulty filter before the DME itself. The filter was in place to keep the DME from shorting out in case of a power surge, as in when it gets jumped. The DME itself was not bad, just the filter. So the fix wasn't too bad. Hell, if I had my car, I would have opened up the DME and removed the filter myself!!
Old 08-02-2004, 03:24 PM
JDN
Contributors

You probably got the name of the vessel from BMWUSA. If so, they also have the BL# and the carrier. Ask them because they gave me all of that info.
Old 08-03-2004, 05:22 PM
Senior Members

New E60 owner- Sorry to tell you but your car will probably be stuck at the VPC for quite some time. Mine has been there for 2 1/2 weeks and will probably be there for at least 4 more weeks. I am quite pissed. My CA states he can knock only $500 off the price for my trouble. My car will be in the VPC for almost as much time as a normal build and delivery cycle. I asked about a 2005 and he replied $1500 off MSRP. I am seriously thinking about cancelling everything and buying an Audi.
Old 08-03-2004, 06:15 PM
Senior Members

gmartin,

It's really strange that your e60 is hanging out at VPC for so long! Mine landed there (in NJ) on the 23rd of July and was sent on to the dealer on 29th July. And mine was supposed to stay longer to some repair work that it needed following a bumper scrape we have during ED, but got sent without that work being done.

Oh, maybe it's because you got a 545 and it is in sequence for the DME fix that some of them needed!!!

Hang in there though, these cars are fantastic! I pick up mine at the dealer this Saturday and can't wait.
Old 08-03-2004, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by gdavis' date='Aug 3 2004, 10:15 PM
Oh, maybe it's because you got a 545 and it is in sequence for the DME fix that some of them needed!!!
That sounds like a distinct possibility....
Old 08-03-2004, 08:01 PM

I just spoke with BMWNA and was told that those cars having DME fixes at the VPC shouldn't be delayed no more than 3 days at this point.
Old 08-03-2004, 08:06 PM
Members

Oops, that was me.
Old 08-03-2004, 08:41 PM
Senior Members

Ajax 545 - my car is at the VPC for the DME and my CA was the one who informed me of the 4 week wait. I will call BMWNA in the AM and inquire about their quoting only three days. Thanks.
Old 08-04-2004, 09:18 AM
New E60 Owner

gmartin,

I think your CA misadvised you. A 4 week wait at the VPC is very long. That means the VPC will have cars backing up left and right. I feel better now that I have spoke to my dealer and BMWNA, and it looks like they are changing the DME's with a 2 day delay at most.

Since the 'recall' is now a few weeks old, the VPC now has them available. I was also alerted that if for some reason the VPC does not have it, or run out of it, they can obtain one in 2 days.

I feel much better now!!

I feel even better now that BMWNA thinks my car is NOT affected by the DME recall!!!! Looks like the cut off day way July 6, and my car was built on July 7th!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know what I'm missing more... the car, or the ability to do mods to the car!

Quick Reply: En Route