Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

En Route

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 03:15 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dropped my car off in Frankfurt on June 22, it arrived at the VPC in Jersey on July 11. It's still at the VPC according to my dealer (no, it's not part of the recall). Not sure why it's taking so long.
Old 07-22-2004, 03:50 PM

New E60 Owner,

I just got off the phone with my dealer and was told the car should arrive at the VPC on August 8th. It left the port on July 19th.

I am in the San Jose area. The car is going to Stevens Creek BMW.

What day did your car leave the port? Are you in So. Cal?
Old 07-22-2004, 03:52 PM
Members

Oops, that was me above.
Old 07-22-2004, 05:17 PM
New E60 Owner

Ajax,

Small world!!! I'm in the Bay Area too! According to my info, the car was on the boat and it left on July 18th. The car will be in port on August 4. Figure 3 days at the VPC, couple of days to my dealer, and we should have the cars by.........

FRIDAY the 13TH!!! (uhh.... I'm waiting till the 14th to pick it up!!)

I checked out SCBMW, but didn't go with them since I got a much better deal for mine elsewhere.

Looks like its on the same boat!
Old 07-22-2004, 05:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Rudy, if you're puzzled by JDN's drive through suggestion, perhaps you should come to New Orleans for a visit, home of the drive thru daiquiri shop. Pull up, buy them by the gallon and enjoy one while you drive home from work. And we wonder why our insurance rates are so high down here!
Old 07-22-2004, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='Jul 22 2004, 09:48 PM
Rudy, if you're puzzled by JDN's drive through suggestion, perhaps you should come to New Orleans for a visit, home of the drive thru daiquiri shop. Pull up, buy them by the gallon and enjoy one while you drive home from work. And we wonder why our insurance rates are so high down here!
Pretty freaky! I'm glad I have about a zero chance of driving my car down there.

I did enjoy my visit to your city around 11/1995 though! It's a wild place!!
Old 07-22-2004, 07:18 PM
JDN
Contributors

The drive through liquor stores aren't in Dallas, but there were at least two in Port Clinton, OH last week. They also advertised milk, bread, etc.
Old 07-22-2004, 07:28 PM
Members

New E60 Owner,

Where did you end up getting yours? The next best deal I could find was Fremont BMW and then Pleasanton.

What did you end up getting?

BTW, I am in Morgan Hill.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:47 AM
New E60 Owner

Ajax,

We're basically twins! 545 Silver/gray for me too. I got all the options except for the active cruise control. I looked at all the dealers here, and got it in San Mateo. Of all the other dealerships (which I could write some nasty experiences about, starting with BMW of Fremont) they gave me the deal that I wanted. I didn't have to go thru the wheeling and dealing, just a matter of picking out the color.

So you going to pick up your car on Friday the 13th??

Oh, by the way... here's the quote from BMW of Fremont.....

"Well, you're here because you want this car. By us ordering the car for you, we're doing you a favor. The most I can knock off MSRP will be $200."

I got up, thanked him for his time, and left. (Can't wait to go back and see the GM after I get my car, and let him know that I got it at the price I wanted, without anyone doing me any 'favors'.

(Maybe I can take it there for service and rate them all 1's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Old 07-23-2004, 12:04 PM
Members

New E60 Owner,

Yeah, I heard the same from many dealerships. I believe Mountain View was the worst for me. I didn't think about San Mateo. <_<

It is now getting close. Hang in there.

Quick Reply: En Route