Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Door Seals replaced

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 11:33 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Have them change it again... Also I read somwhere Rejex works... but tahts not a permenant fix.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:10 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Breae60' date='Jul 27 2005, 04:01 PM
Hey guys, I got my seals replaced and I still get squeaks and creaks at slow speeds and goind up drive ways, basically any body flex.? It's been at the dealer for more than 6 attempts to fix it.? At what point is it a "lemon"...need help ? ?
[snapback]153565[/snapback]

i would go back and make sure they are replacing the seals with the NEW modified seals. i think there is a service bulletin about this and if you search on this site i seem to recall someone posted up the modified part numbers, also i think you (or your service tech) can visually spot the modded parts as they have a small green (or yellow...some colour) dot next to the part number.

i had mine replaced a few months back and everything has been fine since, no squeaks at all.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:41 AM
Senior Members

Had the same problem even after new seals.
They then packed the space under the rear parcel shelf with a hi-tec non squeak foam and that did the trick.

Streak
Old 07-28-2005, 07:16 AM
Members

I was told yesterday that all E60's are going to be recalled for Seal replacement (based on customer complaints). They said by the end of this year.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by Chi-Town Racing' date='Jul 28 2005, 05:16 PM
I was told yesterday that all E60's are going to be recalled for Seal replacement (based on customer complaints). They said by the end of this year.
[snapback]153982[/snapback]
Please let us know when you get the the recall.
I do not believe it before I see it.
It will be hell of an expensive treat for the factory.

My ex. E60 got a recall from the factory Dec. '04!
The problem was with the seat heating system that had burned somebodys back.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:36 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 550 AW 2005 530AW GONE

thanks guys, now where is the part number on the seals? Foam for the rear parcel, sounds like the next step for me. Anybody with squeaky leather rear seats?
Old 07-29-2005, 02:01 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Breae60' date='Jul 28 2005, 08:36 PM
thanks guys, now where is the part number on the seals?? Foam for the rear parcel, sounds like the next step for me.? Anybody with squeaky leather rear seats?
[snapback]154083[/snapback]
if your rear seats are squeaking my first question would be have you got the "through load system" i.e folding seats? If NOT then the problem is likely to be the catches.

Yes even though the seats do NOT fold they still use the same catches that the through loading version would use and these catches are not holding the seat back firmly enough.

one way to "test" this is to find a stretch of road where you can reproduce the noise, have someone ride in the back but not lean against the back seat upright section, instead have them pull on it slightly to move it toward the front of the car.

if the noise disappears/reduces significantly then you should get the same test performed with one of your service tech's in the car. new catches can be ordered that hold the seat back more securely and also some anti-friction tape can be applied to make a more snug fit.

this is what the dealer did to my car and it cured the problem.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:01 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 550 AW 2005 530AW GONE

Originally Posted by northernmonkey' date='Jul 29 2005, 03:01 AM
[quote name='Breae60' date='Jul 28 2005, 08:36 PM']thanks guys, now where is the part number on the seals?? Foam for the rear parcel, sounds like the next step for me.? Anybody with squeaky leather rear seats?
[snapback]154083[/snapback]
if your rear seats are squeaking my first question would be have you got the "through load system" i.e folding seats? If NOT then the problem is likely to be the catches.

Yes even though the seats do NOT fold they still use the same catches that the through loading version would use and these catches are not holding the seat back firmly enough.

one way to "test" this is to find a stretch of road where you can reproduce the noise, have someone ride in the back but not lean against the back seat upright section, instead have them pull on it slightly to move it toward the front of the car.

if the noise disappears/reduces significantly then you should get the same test performed with one of your service tech's in the car. new catches can be ordered that hold the seat back more securely and also some anti-friction tape can be applied to make a more snug fit.

this is what the dealer did to my car and it cured the problem.
[snapback]154276[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'll give a try when I get a chance this weekend
Old 11-14-2005, 10:34 AM
Members

I now know where to go to find "home" fixes to all my E60 quirks. It ain't the dealer. I had my door seals replaced once, but creaks came right back first time it rained. So, I read up on this forum, ordered some REJEX, applied to surface that door seals "creak" against, and voila... no more creaks. Not sure how long it will last, but I'd rather re-apply this fairy dust monthly than get frustrated while BMW tries to solve the problem with new parts.

As someone else mentioned, now it is so quiet I can hear the parcel shelf rattle... if it ain't one thing it's another.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:27 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - 6 speed manual (July 04 build), silver-grey/black, sports package std equipment (18", active roll, active steering, adaptive headlights), premium sound, bluetooth enabled, folding rear seat, lumbar, 3m hood/bumper protective film, rear tint, euro reflectors.

Originally Posted by Angel eyes' post='153661' date='Jul 27 2005, 11:09 AM
I had this problem but after changing the door seals to the new ones (same artnr but with a yellow dot) it is gone for good.
I had posted that I got the new door seals and everything was fine. Well my noise, which was just in the drivers door has come back as well as the passenger door. My SA stated that they where changed. I had the car back and they lubed them - better but not fixed.

Is there a way to tell the difference between the original seals and the 'new improved' seals?

Quick Reply: Door Seals replaced