Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Don't buy from BMW of Ann Arbor!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 02:10 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had negotiated a deal with delivery on a new 2008 550i with BMW of Ann Arbor last Friday after about a week of going back and forth via email with the Internet sales manager. All correspondence was documented via email and they charged my credit card with a deposit for the car. Papers were to be delivered to me on Monday. I was looking forward to taking delivery on my second 5 series.

Today I get an email from the sales manager with the following:
"My name is Dave Trower and I am the General Sales Manager here at BMW of Ann Arbor. I know yourself and Scott worked hard to put a deal together over the past few weeks. Scott may have told you there were several parties interested in the vehicle. Your deal with Scott was done through the dealer being that it was well under invoice and involved transporting, and unfortunately I was not involved. I was working a deal with one of Scott?s coworkers and had already verbally accepted a deal the day prior.

I sincerely apologize for the stress this might create, but would like you to know Scott knew nothing of the other deal and would certainly have treated this differently had he known. We destroy credit card #?s after using (for your protection), so therefore we need your # again in order to facilitate a refund.

I hope you can understand we are sorry for this mishap.

With regrets,

David Trower
General Sales Manager
BMW OF ANN ARBOR
501 AutoMall Drive
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48103
734-663-3309
734-822-5318 Fax
David.Trower@BMWofAnnArbor.com

However, how big can this dealership be that they do not know what each other is doing on a sale of a car???? I mean com'on it is BMW of Ann Arbor.

But when I called it is not like they offered to negotiate a similar deal on another car. Basically, they said blah blah blah he did this and I did this, but all of you work for BMW Ann Arbor!!!!

Which means they took my negotiated and accepted deal and found someone else to pay more.

So bottom line do not buy from BMW of Ann Arbor because they do not stand by their word/email/ or deposit.

Furthermore, I contacted BMW USA and they did the same blah blah blah.

Ultimately, no body said hey let's help you negotiate another car and get another sale instead everyone was on defense, which means everybody is looking out for #1! This speaks volumes about BMW.

As much as I am not a huge lexus fan interms of the car I gotta say if this had happened with a lexus purchase I do not think it even get to Lexus USA.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i sport

What a joke man. I feel bad for you, that really sucks. If I were you, I'd see if I could negotiate a similar deal with the closest competitor and then e-mail them a copy of your purchase order. I understand BMW USA did not stand up for you, but don't go out looking at a Lexus in haste. That may end up costing you more down the road when you realize what you did!

Welcome to the forum, and please keep us updated on your search. I hope you stick it to these guys. Good luck!
Old 05-20-2009, 03:02 PM
Senior Members

good to know
Old 05-20-2009, 05:04 PM
Contributors

sometimes these things happen

did you ask for the same deal on another car?

i would have
Old 05-20-2009, 05:09 PM
Contributors

i dont know why they didnt offer to work you another deal. that makes no sense. did you tell them you would not buy a car from them?
Old 05-21-2009, 04:09 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 530xi - Titanium Silver Metallic / Gray Dakota Leather / Dark Poplar Wood Trim / Cold Weather Package / Premium Package / Premium Sound Package / Lumbar Support / Xenon Adaptive Light Control / 6 speed auto - Steptronic Trans. /Sirius Satellite Radio / Voice Activation / Navigation / Moonroof

Take that 30 minute drive east and check out Erhard (in Farmington Hills and Bloomfield Hills). They will do right by you.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:09 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sccarguy' post='884758' date='May 20 2009, 06:10 PM
I was working a deal with one of Scott?s coworkers and had already verbally accepted a deal the day prior.
yeah, when does a verbal agreement prevail an actual deposit?? that place sucks!
Old 05-21-2009, 11:21 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by unknown' post='885543' date='May 21 2009, 08:09 AM
yeah, when does a verbal agreement prevail an actual deposit?? that place sucks!

they may have realized that they would lose money on it and backed out
Old 05-21-2009, 12:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

OK, I won't.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:54 AM
Members

I had a few discussions with Dave and Scott since the email and it was never offered by them but I did mention to them that when I was a sales rep (not in cars) and something would go wrong in a deal I would take that as an opportunity to make it a win and I would honor any deal agreed upon verbal or otherwise with a similar or better (newer or featurewise) product/service. But at no time did they ever offer it cause I don't think they have any 550s left.

So, whatever, what comes around goes around and I am on the hunt again.

I am looking for a NEW or CPO (lower than 10k mi) 2008, 2009, 2010 550i, sport, nav, usb/ipod, heated seats, and comfort access. Any grey exterior with no tan interior.

Quick Reply: Don't buy from BMW of Ann Arbor!!!!!