Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Delivery Lead Times on UK 5 Series

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 01:31 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by colejl' post='518350' date='Jan 15 2008, 09:24 PM
This is some of the reason why the residuals for BMW are slightly better than 'average' cars as most people spec in 'default' charged-for options such as paint, alloys, leather and auto-box. The dealer tends to give you very little upon return for these 'essential' items but the residuals are worked out on a percentage of the new base (no options) price...

So ?30k car with ?3k of 'essential' options (ignoring available discounts) is ?33k but residual is based on ?30k figure... The dealer will then promptly deduct for the absence of said options at trade in time...

Well that's my theory anyway!
Yay, JC for PM!

I cut out all of the default options going for Xenons and stuff. So it was black or white! The missus thought I was bonkers until she saw that 1er the other night!! Won't be without xenons after a nasty incident on an unlit motorway.... Residuals is the reason I've got the e60 on my company car list, the best 3er is also the 2l D SE but with a much lower list. As are 1.8 petrol Vectra's and Astras.... With the new 2 litre diesel using less than 140 carbons, no brainer.....
Old 01-15-2008, 01:37 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BigAardvaark' post='518382' date='Jan 15 2008, 10:31 PM
Yay, JC for PM!

I cut out all of the default options going for Xenons and stuff. So it was black or white! The missus thought I was bonkers until she saw that 1er the other night!! Won't be without xenons after a nasty incident on an unlit motorway.... Residuals is the reason I've got the e60 on my company car list, the best 3er is also the 2l D SE but with a much lower list. As are 1.8 petrol Vectra's and Astras.... With the new 2 litre diesel using less than 140 carbons, no brainer.....
Indeed, I'll start by nationalising Northern Rock. Ah, someone's got there first!

I wouldn't be without the Xenon's, love 'em! Even got the wifes' kid-mobile with them... Although I really missed the adaptive function when driving the 'bus'. Although the static driving lights are neat! (Basically lights that come on with the steering but really well done as the intensity is variable and covers almost 180 degrees - great for when turning onto drives etc...) Come on BMW, Mercedes have done it... (Fog lights perform this function)
Old 01-16-2008, 03:27 PM
Members

Those S-Max's are very good, why Ford do those AND the Galaxy though is beyond me.... Has yours got the posh lcd panel in between the speedo and tacho?

Had static "mono" xenons on my last 3 motors. Sounds a bit geeky but I got flashed by a 350Z the other week who had his/her bi-xenons on low beam and it looked so fecking cool!!
Old 01-17-2008, 11:20 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BigAardvaark' post='518922' date='Jan 17 2008, 12:27 AM
Those S-Max's are very good, why Ford do those AND the Galaxy though is beyond me.... Has yours got the posh lcd panel in between the speedo and tacho?

Had static "mono" xenons on my last 3 motors. Sounds a bit geeky but I got flashed by a 350Z the other week who had his/her bi-xenons on low beam and it looked so fecking cool!!
Yeah, got the Convers+, now standard on the Titanium. Not quite as functional as the iDrive but same sort of thing...

S-Max's are for families who want something that looks decent and the Galaxy is for Taxi drivers. (The S-Max apparently is not approved for taxi's because of the lack of spare tyre!)

I've attached some pics!

Delivery Lead Times on UK 5 Series-dscn4412__small_.jpg
Delivery Lead Times on UK 5 Series-dscn4413__small_.jpg
Delivery Lead Times on UK 5 Series-dscn4414__small_.jpg
Delivery Lead Times on UK 5 Series-dscn4417__small_.jpg