Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Delivery Lead Times on UK 5 Series

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 03:16 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am getting differing answers from UK BMW dealers on delivery lead times. I know that it depends on the dealers allocation etc but I guess the most accurate answers will come from UK members here.

Would any UK members who have either taken delivery of a new E60 (5 series) or have one on order, please let me know how many weeks they waited (or are waiting) from order to delivery (and which model they ordered as I believe that it varies by engine).
Old 01-12-2008, 03:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 525d M Sport in Carbon Black

Originally Posted by UK 5 Series' post='516755' date='Jan 12 2008, 12:16 PM
I am getting differing answers from UK BMW dealers on delivery lead times. I know that it depends on the dealers allocation etc but I guess the most accurate answers will come from UK members here.

Would any UK members who have either taken delivery of a new E60 (5 series) or have one on order, please let me know how many weeks they waited (or are waiting) from order to delivery (and which model they ordered as I believe that it varies by engine).
Back in Early 07 my new 525d msport took 12 weeks from order to delivery, not sure if it's representative as it was one of the first of the LCI cars in the UK, it make take less time now but was around this time last year i placed my order.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:45 AM
Members

I ordered mine on 13/11/07 and have an ETA of 18/2/08 so just over 3 months. Starting to get impatient now!

Cheers,

Ian.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:41 AM
rjc
Members

My Ride: Oct 2007: 525d SE Auto, Space Grey, Black Leather, Visibility Pack, Luxury Pack, Media Pack, Rear Air Bags, Space Saver Spare, Comfort Access, Auto Dim mirror + Ext folding, Through Load System, All round heated seats, Extended interior light pack, DAB, Logic 7, USB Interface and HUD.

It seems I did quite well then...

5 October 2007
Placed order at the dealer, with an ETA of delivery to dealer of 1 December 2007.

15 October 2007
Changed the order (added the HUD, very glad I did).

9 November 2007.
Took delivery of the car and grinned all the way home!

This was a 525d SE Auto (rest as below)
Old 01-12-2008, 07:49 AM
Members

Originally Posted by rjc' post='516790' date='Jan 12 2008, 03:41 PM
It seems I did quite well then...

5 October 2007
Placed order at the dealer, with an ETA of delivery to dealer of 1 December 2007.

15 October 2007
Changed the order (added the HUD, very glad I did).

9 November 2007.
Took delivery of the car and grinned all the way home!

This was a 525d SE Auto (rest as below)

Wow! 5 weeks - that's incredible! And I'm guessing it was a factory order given the number of options? That must be a record!
Old 01-12-2008, 08:29 AM
Members

My Ride: Sept '06 535d M sport ,Silver ,Black Dakota Leather,HUD ,TV, Media ,Visibility,Heated F+R seats,Comfort Seats, Active seats ,Sun protection glass,Dark Poplar wood, sunroof ,Elec Sunblinds , Folding mirrors, 19" 172s ,Extended lights Package, Debadged

Originally Posted by UK 5 Series' post='516816' date='Jan 12 2008, 05:49 PM
Wow! 5 weeks - that's incredible! And I'm guessing it was a factory order given the number of options? That must be a record!
Apparently in Germany you can change spec up to about 2 weeks before delivery.
5 weeks start to finish seems quick, but if a production slot was available (poss due to cancelled order) then this is easily achievable , and certainly in the dealers best interests.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:08 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BigAardvaark' post='516774' date='Jan 12 2008, 02:45 PM
I ordered mine on 13/11/07 and have an ETA of 18/2/08 so just over 3 months. Starting to get impatient now!

Cheers,

Ian.

I share your impatience Ian as I've been told 15 weeks which seems way too long.

By the way, you're brave getting a white one! Although they're popular in the US, they're as rare as hens teeth in the UK. I hope for your sake it's a company vehicle and not a private one as a dealer once told me that white E60's in the UK can have a used resale value of as much as ?2k less than any other colour, as executive car buyers in the UK won't touch them.

If it's a company vehicle, then it's an inspired choice, as you don't have to worry about resale values and every driver will move out of your way thinking you're a Police car. Perhaps that's your intention!
Old 01-13-2008, 05:44 AM
Members

Originally Posted by UK 5 Series' post='517192' date='Jan 13 2008, 12:08 PM
I share your impatience Ian as I've been told 15 weeks which seems way too long.

By the way, you're brave getting a white one! Although they're popular in the US, they're as rare as hens teeth in the UK. I hope for your sake it's a company vehicle and not a private one as a dealer once told me that white E60's in the UK can have a used resale value of as much as ?2k less than any other colour, as executive car buyers in the UK won't touch them.

If it's a company vehicle, then it's an inspired choice, as you don't have to worry about resale values and every driver will move out of your way thinking you're a Police car. Perhaps that's your intention!

Heheh! Yep, it's a company car. Since ordering, as you do, I've been looking for a white one, not a sausage! I did see an M Sport 1 series the other night though, looked dead smart. White's coming back, mark my words!

Cheers,

Ian.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:49 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BigAardvaark' post='517238' date='Jan 13 2008, 02:44 PM
Heheh! Yep, it's a company car. Since ordering, as you do, I've been looking for a white one, not a sausage! I did see an M Sport 1 series the other night though, looked dead smart. White's coming back, mark my words!

Cheers,

Ian.
I should confess that I did actually see a white one on the M4 the other day - and it wasn't a Police car! First 'private' one I think I've ever seen though in the UK.

Jeremy Clarkson agrees with you that White is the next Black! I bet that if white does start to become popular in the UK, then BMW will start to charge for it. I took the cowardly option and went for blue, even though the ?640 premium is a killer!

Good luck with the new car.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:24 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by UK 5 Series' post='517362' date='Jan 13 2008, 07:49 PM
I took the cowardly option and went for blue, even though the ?640 premium is a killer!
This is some of the reason why the residuals for BMW are slightly better than 'average' cars as most people spec in 'default' charged-for options such as paint, alloys, leather and auto-box. The dealer tends to give you very little upon return for these 'essential' items but the residuals are worked out on a percentage of the new base (no options) price...

So ?30k car with ?3k of 'essential' options (ignoring available discounts) is ?33k but residual is based on ?30k figure... The dealer will then promptly deduct for the absence of said options at trade in time...

Well that's my theory anyway!

Quick Reply: Delivery Lead Times on UK 5 Series