Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Dealers - do you trust yours ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 06:26 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 520D SE Saloon M47 (2007 ->)

I'm currently in discussion with my dealer over my V5 details

(Short version - wrong address entered on system on my first visit - so far I've had finance documents/order forms and my first V5 sent out to the wrong address , Now I've finally got a V5 and its for a 325i and not my car

Our initial meeting and ordering went well , or so I thought , some items that were agreed verbally , like a loan car for a week or two were forgot about once I'd signed an order.
The day after I'd ordered I was told of a delay of some 4 weeks in delivery yet if I had checked close enough the order details showed the delayed date already.

Now I've asked twice for the details the hold for me under the Data Protection Act , but it appears that my emails are now being ignored - they have their cash why should they bother. so it looks like a letter to the Commisioner. )

Now they have lost my repeat business , Wife's new car thats coming up and Father-in-law ( who was a lifelong customer of theirs ) over what was really a simple matter.

Do other members trust or respect their dealer ?

I've read the BMW NA read and reply on this forum - do BMW UK ?
Old 12-04-2007, 06:47 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess V5 is a registration yeah? I am sure your case involve some down payment of deposits too yeah? unfortunately verbal agreement never works and you can forget about it for good. However, are they working it out for you now? It seems like you are fighting for a loaner now right?

Do I trust my dealer? NO, I'm not only distrust my dealer, I distrust anyone who makes deals with me. You need to put yourself in their position to understand it. I read the agreement as much as (for an hour+) I could during singing it. I checked every single $ and details which it's my responsible (by law) to do so. I asked questions like an idiot but I don't care. It ends up the agreement usually admen a few times.

Save your trust for your family. I totally feel you bro, good luck.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:51 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by NMayling' post='502486' date='Dec 4 2007, 05:26 PM
I've read the BMW NA read and reply on this forum - do BMW UK ?
I certainly hope so! I will be making sure my company don't buy any more BMWs until my car is fixed that's for sure!

I don't think the BMW UK and dealer franchise setup works IMO. Not singing from the same hymn sheet.

Regards,
Old 12-04-2007, 07:10 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 520D SE Saloon M47 (2007 ->)

Originally Posted by baadaaboo' post='502495
However, are they working it out for you now? It seems like you are fighting for a loaner now right?
It's all in the past - Now got the car but still trying to sort out the documentation - I never got a loaner ended up getting a rental Fiat panda for 5 weeks myself.

Originally Posted by baadaaboo' post='502495' date='Dec 4 2007, 03:47 PM
Do I trust my dealer? NO, I'm not only distrust my dealer, I distrust anyone who makes deals with me. You need to put yourself in their position to understand it. I read the agreement as much as (for an hour+) I could during singing it. I checked every single $ and details which it's my responsible (by law) to do so. I asked questions like an idiot but I don't care. It ends up the agreement usually admen a few times.
I'm now following this method , indeed after our little fall out I refused any telephone calls and insisted all communication was in writing.