Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Dealer Wants me to lie?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 05:09 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2009 550i sports, Nav, logic Best E60 yet 2004 545i, sports pkg, logic 7 steptronic, rear shade,orient blue with beige interior, blue tooth enabled Razer Phone. 2004 X5 3.0, sports pkg, stepronic, summer pkg. imola red. 2006 Mini Cooper S, manual, sports, prem pkg, nav and kitchen sink.

I brought my 2004 545i back to the dealer to have the wheels balanced, and while I was there have the cup holder checked. Of course I needed a software update and an 02 sensor update, what ever the heck that is. I leased the car from Vista BMW in Coconut Creek, FL. My second in 3 months and 3rd in 4 years. I only waited 5 min to see my service advisor, they were going to put me into a VW Passat, but I pursuaded them to give me a 2004 530i. My advisor called me several times but the news was always the same, "WE are having problems installing the new software in your car" Four days later I p/u my car, I really missed it. When I went to sit in the car their was grease on the door panel and seat, and the car was dirty. I was pissed, they finally got it cleaned and I left, but not before I left a note on my advisors desk telling what my car looked like. He calls me this morning while I'm driving to work to apologize, offer me a free detailing, and by the the way BMW will be calling and I need you to answer all five questions yes. Now, my wife just backed the car up and got black grease on her pants from the streering wheel. Is this guy kidding or what? Why would I lie? I spend $110,000 on two cars in 3 months, first service they try to push a VW on me,keep my car four days and then give it back to filthy. WHY SHOULD I LIE??
Old 12-06-2004, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

I wouldn't! You shouldn't!
Old 12-06-2004, 05:53 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2009 550i sports, Nav, logic Best E60 yet 2004 545i, sports pkg, logic 7 steptronic, rear shade,orient blue with beige interior, blue tooth enabled Razer Phone. 2004 X5 3.0, sports pkg, stepronic, summer pkg. imola red. 2006 Mini Cooper S, manual, sports, prem pkg, nav and kitchen sink.

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Dec 6 2004, 10:13 PM
I wouldn't! You shouldn't!
[snapback]65820[/snapback]
Not to worry,
Old 12-06-2004, 06:39 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 Sapphire Black 545i, Auburn interior, PDC, Fold-down rear seats, Nav, Premium sound

tell them how it is!
Old 12-06-2004, 09:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Amazing what people will do to get a good consumer report.. Ridiculous!!
Old 12-06-2004, 09:54 PM
Senior Members

I allow time to check my entire car (especially the rims) when I pick it up for service. I wipe the exterior with a quick detailer (at the dealer) and look at the interior very closely before I sign any paperwork releasing the car. If there's a problem, I have them take care of it or I won't sign the release. Damn techs don't know how to care for a nice car.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:51 PM
Senior Members

well, talk to your service advisor and let them know don't let this happen again. if he promises, then just do him a favor once. everybody makes mistake. give him a chance this time and hopefully you'll receive a better service next time. but if next time you have the same treatment, just report it straight to the manager .
Old 12-07-2004, 04:46 AM
Senior Members

I go to vista also service sucks. It not entirly my SA fault. Half the time im waiting for a rental car. When i go to pick it up it takes a half hour to bring thee car around the front. Im like are you still finishing it?
Old 12-07-2004, 03:44 PM
Members

My Ride: 545i 2004/04 production, Titan Silver Metallic, Leder Dakota Upholsery/Grau 60, Sports suspension, Active steering, Dynamic drive, Heated Steering wheel, Emergency wheel, Satin chrome, Glass Roof, Sunblinds front & rear, Healight washer, Int/ext Anti-dazzle mirrors, smokers package, comfort & heated seats, PDC, 18" Wheels 124 w/Dunlop Mixed runflats, Adaptive headlights, Xenon Lights, Active Cruise Control, Blue tooth sony/erricson, Pro Navigation, Head Up Dispay, Voice input system, 6 Cd changer, HIFI Professional. M-Sport Tec Kit & spoiler conversion, Cip 18.1

There's nothing that pisses me off more than to be told how to respond to BMW service questions. Three different service writers at South Motors "coached" me, years ago, and still today it's happening at All Pro Imports. My responce is mostly memorized now having repeated it so frequently. "When I get the call, I will respond according to the service I received." "I don't care how many smiles or how much flattery is used, if my car is not returned repaired and clean, the "report" will be much less than you desire." "If service is to my satisfaction I will also so indicate." BMWNA, I truely hope that your reading this: Please ask the important questions first. ie, was your car returned to you in a timely fashion, clean and properly serviced with repairs made that satisfy the complaint! If not what further action will be taken, AND when is that action scheduled!
Old 12-07-2004, 04:09 PM
Senior Members

Man speaking of vista, dropped my car off today. Waited 15min for my SA. Then waited for the rental car. IT is a passat. It is digusting. It smells like someone smoked a pack with the windows closed. It also had slirpy spilled all over it. My mom picked it up She made them clean it. They said they had no other cars. If i was there i would have made them give me a demo or showroom loner. When my dad bought the car they said they give you a BMW loaner, not a smelly VW. whatever, going there tomarrow and getting a different car. Things could be worse.