Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Dealer scratched my car

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 07:01 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 90 325i, 97 328i, 06 530i

So today I go to a local dealer, not the one where I purchased my 06 530i, to get s/w update because my eyebrows don't light up. I decided to wait for the car. At first they thought it was something else and not the update but finally after almost two hours they were able to figure out that all it needs is an update. So finally after another 3 hours the car is waiting to be picked up in the service drive but now my SA has disappeared. After few minutes he shows up and shows me that the lights function correctly now. All looks good, I get in my car and drive away. I get home and notice that there's a scratch on rear bumper that wasn't there before. It looks like someone bumped into my car with front license plate. At this point I'm mad, looks like every time I go to dealer for service always something bad happens. I ask my wife if maybe she got bumped or hit someone/something and she says no and if she did she would have told me wright away. I call my SA and leave a msg saying that I just noticed that my rear bumper is scratched and that it wasn't before todays visit. Of course nobody calls back, not even to ask if I'm sure it happend at the dealer today. I am so p i s s e d.
Any ideas what to do?
I know one of the sales person that works at that dealer, I'm thinking if maybe I should talk to him first before I start bitching to service mgr.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Ouch thats going to be a tough one... they can say it happened after you drove it off the lot.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Can you post a pic ?
Old 10-29-2008, 08:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Threaten to scratch the cars on their lot until they fix yours. Just kidding. Sorry to hear about this. That sucks. I would talk to the Service Manager.

My dealership now takes photo's of all sides of the cars as they come in for service. They also do a video walk-around for all cars as well. If anyone makes a claim, they review the photo's and the video.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='707246' date='Oct 29 2008, 08:22 PM
Threaten to scratch the cars on their lot until they fix yours. Just kidding. Sorry to hear about this. That sucks. I would talk to the Service Manager.

My dealership now takes photo's of all sides of the cars as they come in for service. They also do a video walk-around for all cars as well. If anyone makes a claim, they review the photo's and the video.

HAHA dang! really? which dealer is this?

Mine never did anything until recently... they now just mark it on a sheet of paper.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Try and go in there cool and collected, going in there mad will only get them mad and defensive, leaving you out on the street with a scratch on the bumper that you would have to fix. As stated speak with your SA and service manager if possible to discuss what has happened. Hope that they fess up to it...if not, hopefully the damage isn't that bad and a mobile bumper service can come out and repair it.

And in the future, just try and make it a habit to do a walk-around with your e60 at drop-off and pick-up...

GL and I hope things get resolved to your satisfaction...
Old 10-29-2008, 09:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Alpine White on Black interior, Sport and Premium Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Mtec V2.1 angel eyes,Hoen Fog Lights, Full M-Tech kit, ACS pedals, LED plate lights, CF Steering Wheel badge, CF Titanium trim, OE

sorry to hear about your car bro, like Gene said try to calm and cool talking to your SA, even though it seems that its their fault it still best to be nice with them, hope everything would turned out ok! GL!!
Old 10-29-2008, 09:09 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

+1 with Gene and C. sorry to hear about that man. good luck.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW 525I/TITANIUM SILVER METALLIC/GREY LEATHER INTERIOR/EURO RED REFLECTORS/20% TINT/EURO STICKER/BMW CCA STICKER

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='707246' date='Oct 30 2008, 12:22 AM

The dealer actually chipped a small bit of my paint off near the reflectors when putting them on (for free even though I didnt buy them from them) when I was getting serviced. At wide world of ars in NY...theyre really good. He said hed be happy to fix it. Its like barely noticable..im just getting some touch up. Good luck though...you can tell them you will go to another dealer...and/or complain to corporate. Complaining to Servie Hdqtrs is bad news for them.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Black Saphire/Black Dakota Leather- Loaded- M5 Appearance Package, Sport Package, Pro logic 7 Premium Sound, Navigation, Cold Weather Package, Comfort Package, Heads-up Display, park Distance Control, Bluetooth, Active Steering, Electric Rear Sunshade, Rear Folding Seats, Front/Rear Heated Seats, Xenon lights, Satelite Radio- Extended Maintenance, CPO (Considering Tire/Wheel Insurance)

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='707246' date='Oct 30 2008, 12:22 AM

They do that at mine too. But, you can never see scratches on what they use. Its for "bigger damage".

Quick Reply: Dealer scratched my car