Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Dealer says no to outside lease co.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 06:54 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The current MF for the M5 is horrible at 0.0032. Right now LeaseCompare has 2 companies offering lower rates, with one as low as 0.00225. However, my dealer says they are not authorized to use outside lease companies. Is this a BMW policy or is the dealer trying to tie me into a higher payment?
Old 06-12-2007, 10:33 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i SMG, Sapphire Black/Tan, Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, NAV, Comfort Seats, Satellite Radio, Premium Sound, Sunshades

My understanding is that the outside lease company is purchasing the vehicle and then you lease it from them. Assuming that is correct, I don't see how the dealer has any say as long as they get paid the negotiated purchase price for the car. I would contact leasecompare and get their take, but I think your salesperson is full of it (what a surprise).
Old 06-12-2007, 10:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

MBX5 is correct. Go and have leasecompare buy the M5 and you then lease from them. FYI, the MF on a M5/M6 is always horrible with BMWFS. You'll rarely ever see it drop from .0032
Old 06-12-2007, 08:00 PM
Members

My Ride: M3 Convertible

Originally Posted by MBX5' post='435019' date='Jun 12 2007, 01:33 PM
My understanding is that the outside lease company is purchasing the vehicle and then you lease it from them. Assuming that is correct, I don't see how the dealer has any say as long as they get paid the negotiated purchase price for the car. I would contact leasecompare and get their take, but I think your salesperson is full of it (what a surprise).
We run into this situation on occasion and it's really a shame that the dealer is holding you hostage to their lease programs. This should tell you how they may treat you on other issues. You have a couple of options.

1) Threaten to give them a bad survey. Surveys are very important and this should get their attention.

2) Go ahead and sign their lease agreement and then immediately have LeaseCompare.com pay it off and re-lease it using their better program. (this works best if you are in a state where the sales tax is on the monthly payment).

Here is a list of dealers that you may want to avoid.

Barrier Porsche, Bellevue, WA
BMW of Seattle, Seattle, WA
Capitol Honda, San Jose, CA
Carlsen Porsche, Redwood City, CA
Cherry Hill Toyota, Cherry Hill, NJ
David J Phillips, Laguna Hills, CA
Desert European Motorcars, Rancho Mirage, CA
Dreyer & Reinbold Mini & BMW, Indianapolis, IN
Esserman Volkswagen, Miami, FL
Hoehn Porsche, Carslbad, CA
Honda World Downey, Downey, CA
Kemp Ford, Thousands Oaks, CA