Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Dealer Refuses to Update Software

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 03:39 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 525i Silver Gray Gray Leather Premium Package Auto Nav
Smile

Ok, I'm in San Diego, took my one month only '05 525i in today to BMW of SD, I actually was having problems with the I-drive blanking out and my transmission acting oddly, plus the venilation problem, anyway, they said they can't find anything wrong with it; I told them to update the software, they said that it takes 2 days to do a software update and they can do it by they will charge me. I am really pissed about this.
Any suggestions, besides count to 10 and take a deep breath? <_<
Old 05-31-2005, 03:52 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 525i. 30% Huper Optik tint. Sirius.

First of all, if you are having problems and the dealer refuses to address them, you should contact BMWNA and go to a different dealer. If you can't go to a different dealer try talking to the person that sold you the car. They are usually more interested in keeping us happy than service associates.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:55 PM
Members

Ok, i'm on the phone right now with BMWUSA, thanks for the tip. I'll let you know how it goes.

Originally Posted by oubmw' date='May 31 2005, 04:52 PM
First of all, if you are having problems and the dealer refuses to address them, you should contact BMWNA and go to a different dealer.? If you can't go to a different dealer try talking to the person that sold you the car.? They are usually more interested in keeping us happy than service associates.
[snapback]134945[/snapback]
Old 05-31-2005, 03:56 PM
Senior Members

If idrive keeps going blank, that requires their attention. Tell them to just fix it and report that to BMWNA.

By the way, welcome to e60.net!!!!!!
Old 05-31-2005, 03:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 M5

You should call your lawer! :bashwall:
Old 05-31-2005, 06:39 PM
Members

Ok, talked to BMWUSA, they were actually kind of lame, but they did say that I should take it to another dealer, but call the service manager first at the original place. I did...he sounded sympathetic, and promised to look into it tomorrow. He said if i just bought the car, its probably up to date. I said i was made in Dec '04, and that there have been a few updates to the software since then. He responded by saying he couldn't tell which version i have right now, but if there's an update that may fix the reported problems he'll let me know. I'll update everyone tomorrow. After reading all the posts here, I thought sure this would be a no questions asked update, but even with real problems I'm finding its not necessariy so.

Originally Posted by Alex.br' date='May 31 2005, 04:57 PM
You should call your lawer! :bashwall:
[snapback]134949[/snapback]
Old 05-31-2005, 07:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

Originally Posted by markiemark' date='May 31 2005, 07:39 PM
Ok, talked to BMWUSA, they were actually kind of lame, but they did say that I should take it to another dealer, but call the service manager first at the original place. I did...he sounded sympathetic, and promised to look into it tomorrow. He said if i just bought the car, its probably up to date. I said i was made in Dec '04, and that there have been a few updates to the software since then. He responded by saying he couldn't tell which version i have right now, but if there's an update that may fix the reported problems he'll let me know. I'll update everyone tomorrow. After reading all the posts here, I thought sure this would be a no questions asked update, but even with real problems I'm finding its not necessariy so.

[quote name='Alex.br' date='May 31 2005, 04:57 PM']You should call your lawer! :bashwall:
[snapback]134968[/snapback]
[/quote]
Unfortunately, this is a dealer issue, and you found a bonehead dealer/service department. My dealer, and service department have always been willing to do whatever, and I have never paid, nor been asked to pay a dime for updates. I agree with the above posts, and BMWNA, if possible, go find another dealer that is interested in servicing your vechicle...good luck!
Old 05-31-2005, 08:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2015 535D M Sport

Call Kenji Timmerman at Brecht in Escondido.

http://www.brechtbmw.com/dealership/service/index.htm

Be sure to have a very specific complaint.

They have CIP 16.3.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:06 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

You have one CRAPPY dealer there. Name names. Which one is it?

Mine WANTS TO update the software as a solution to most issues I report. Mine thinks software upgrades are the cure to almost anything.

Do you have Nav? You should update your signature with your specs. One thing (if you have Nav) is to say you were promised "perspective view" in Nav. You need 16.2+ for that.

-Jonathan

Originally Posted by kmslo530i' date='May 31 2005, 09:41 PM
[quote name='markiemark' date='May 31 2005, 07:39 PM']Ok, talked to BMWUSA, they were actually kind of lame, but they did say that I should take it to another dealer, but call the service manager first at the original place. I did...he sounded sympathetic, and promised to look into it tomorrow. He said if i just bought the car, its probably up to date. I said i was made in Dec '04, and that there have been a few updates to the software since then. He responded by saying he couldn't tell which version i have right now, but if there's an update that may fix the reported problems he'll let me know. I'll update everyone tomorrow. After reading all the posts here, I thought sure this would be a no questions asked update, but even with real problems I'm finding its not necessariy so.

[quote name='Alex.br' date='May 31 2005, 04:57 PM']You should call your lawer! :bashwall:
[snapback]134968[/snapback]
[/quote]
Unfortunately, this is a dealer issue, and you found a bonehead dealer/service department. My dealer, and service department have always been willing to do whatever, and I have never paid, nor been asked to pay a dime for updates. I agree with the above posts, and BMWNA, if possible, go find another dealer that is interested in servicing your vechicle...good luck!
[snapback]134977[/snapback]
[/quote]
Old 06-01-2005, 12:19 AM
stu
Members

Name and shame!

There is no way they should refuse. There are too many big issues with early versions.
For those of you with std air con ( probably not those in USA ) its essential to get an upgrade to version 17 because its the only way to get the fan speed working correctly.

Quick Reply: Dealer Refuses to Update Software