Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Dealer offer free inspection service

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 11:27 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 550i jet black, Loaded
Model Year: 2010
Engine: N62B48

wow, that seems to work out pretty well for you, good to know
Old 09-27-2010, 08:10 AM
Senior Members

I was at the Southbay BMW on Saturday Morning getting my inspection done. As usual, couple things need to replace that's not cover by the warranty, bushings and some hood parts for about $1200 Ok, nevermind.
I did mention the lift gate issue (N52 ticking) and I'm glad the technician knows exactly what I'm talking about.
I do want to share that, the other dealerships I brought my car in for the ticking issue, Bob Smith BMW and New Century BMW, none of their Service Agent knows what I'm talking about (Maybe they pretended, who knows), even after reading pages of the print out I brought with me.
If you have the N52 ticking and none of other dealer willing to service it, you can try Southbay BMW. At least the guy I met knows the issue and no problem fixing it. I'm just going to get my other parts fix somewhere else and come back for the liftgate.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:07 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

If ur car runs and drives fine, u have no worries. You know what CPO is to a dealership? CPO is adding a few grand on top of the car. They dont go through the hundreds of points check. Yeah right! Just do a 2 minute check. Make sure the tires match, no CEL, u good to go! CPO my @$$

It;s bait for u to go in and see what's wrong so they can scare you in thinking u need it fixed ASAP or if it's too expensive to fix, hey, trade in ur car, get this new one here. Once u trade it in, they slap on a CPO and sells it without doing anything.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:42 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 M5 (E60) Interlagos blue, Silverstone interior, with cold weather package. Adaptive Xenon headlamps and adaptive brake lights, hud, comfort access. Comfort seats, basically fully loaded.

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg
If ur car runs and drives fine, u have no worries. You know what CPO is to a dealership? CPO is adding a few grand on top of the car. They dont go through the hundreds of points check. Yeah right! Just do a 2 minute check. Make sure the tires match, no CEL, u good to go! CPO my @$$

It;s bait for u to go in and see what's wrong so they can scare you in thinking u need it fixed ASAP or if it's too expensive to fix, hey, trade in ur car, get this new one here. Once u trade it in, they slap on a CPO and sells it without doing anything.
Man has it all figured out
+1
Old 09-28-2010, 07:36 AM
Senior Members

Well, CPO by itself really does not mean anything, but to purchase a CPO car from the dealer does gives you the option to add extended warranty, from what I was told, the factory warranty can only be add when purchasing a CPO and that's what I did. The extended warranty did help pay for itself for all the maintainance service done after the original warranty expired, and eventually will be paying for the N52 ticking issue when I ready to bring my car in. Turns out the purchase works out perfect for me