Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Dealer inconsistency ....... Ooohhh woe is me !!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 08:11 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530D , Msport, Deep Sea Blue , Cream Beige Dakota , Due April 2007.
Smile

Checked with the dealer this week , we ordered 2 a sliver and blue both 530d and were promised for first week of April , so we were keeping the pressure on with a few phone calls.

Was told 3 weeks at least , car has left the factory but here's the excuse ::

"1 car has has been released to carrier which means it will be here within 10-11 days, the blue one, the other 1 has just left the factory. The problem lies with the transportation availabilty in the UK, April is when they roll out the new registrations, the irish market also puts extra demands on BMW to ship the cars here for the end of March, which is the end of our first quarter, there is just not enough car carriers to cover the excess transportation demands. Unfortunately, we do not have any control over this so I can only apologise to you with regards this delay."

Any comments from UK members? Any Irish having the same S-H-ONE-T !!

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
Old 03-31-2007, 12:41 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by E60_2007' post='408817' date='Mar 30 2007, 05:11 PM
....in the UK, April is when they roll out the new registrations...
1st March and 1st Sep is when new registrations drive out of the showrooms.

So "April" is BS.

ABC
Old 03-31-2007, 02:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 525d M Sport in Carbon Black

Originally Posted by E60_2007' post='408817' date='Mar 30 2007, 05:11 PM
Checked with the dealer this week , we ordered 2 a sliver and blue both 530d and were promised for first week of April , so we were keeping the pressure on with a few phone calls.

Was told 3 weeks at least , car has left the factory but here's the excuse ::

"1 car has has been released to carrier which means it will be here within 10-11 days, the blue one, the other 1 has just left the factory. The problem lies with the transportation availabilty in the UK, April is when they roll out the new registrations, the irish market also puts extra demands on BMW to ship the cars here for the end of March, which is the end of our first quarter, there is just not enough car carriers to cover the excess transportation demands. Unfortunately, we do not have any control over this so I can only apologise to you with regards this delay."

Any comments from UK members? Any Irish having the same S-H-ONE-T !!

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
My original del date was 14th April... My dealer assured me my car would be here this weekend... I got rather exited bat at the same time reserved.... the dealer had me sign the paperwork last week... i arranged insurance etc etc and was looking forward to delivery... the more i think of it the more it was a case of getting the car included in Q1 sales, the earliest i'll see my car now is Thursday of this week as it had not arrived for the weekend and it will require 2 days PDI before it will be ready and as i'm away on business wed/thurs... they don't know it yet but i'm about to start demanding some compensation.... as far as i know the car is registered as i have the number plate, this also means it will be taxed.... i'll be starting with full tank of fuel, 1/43 scale model and i'll persue a cycle rack too.... why should i have to loose out on insurance and one week of road tax just so someone makes their Q1 target.

The reason it never made the weekend.... well apparently it was due in on wedensday, on thursday I enquired.... 'It's on the transporter'..... On friday 'it should be here later today'..... blah blah blah