Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Dealer has had my car for 21 days now, HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 08:22 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545

I had my 545 in the shop now for 21 plus dfays, they have not called me once, can they do this? this is the 3rd time they have my car for this problem, how long before i can claim lemon law?
Old 04-04-2005, 10:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

Originally Posted by cjindustry' date='Apr 4 2005, 10:22 PM
I had my 545 in the shop now for 21 plus dfays, they have not called me once, can they do this? this is the 3rd time they have my car for this problem, how long before i can claim lemon law?
[snapback]111248[/snapback]
Wow.....bummer. I would be in their face every day....what is your car in for?
Old 04-05-2005, 03:57 AM
Contributors

Location: Proud citizen of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and MORGANTOWN, W.V.
My Ride: '05 530i, Premium, Steptronic, Logic7, Silver grey-black leather. Build date 12/7/04.

Originally Posted by cjindustry' date='Apr 4 2005, 11:22 PM
[snapback]111248[/snapback]
I'd say you're extremely close right now. Call the law!
Old 04-05-2005, 04:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

wow...software or hardware problems???
Don't remember.....
Old 04-05-2005, 02:32 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 "Stripper" Now C6 "Stripper"

At least you have a free loaner, right?
Old 04-06-2005, 02:00 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Old 04-06-2005, 04:03 AM
Members

if your car is in the shop more than 2 weeks you should have already started the lemon law procedure.... you'll be amazed how quickly things start to move once you start moving on the lemon law....
Old 04-06-2005, 07:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525i Jet Black, keep my passenger seat extra clean after I(married/3kids) drop off my new mistress(half black/half indian gives great head even though I have Jock itch/yeast infection), don't want anything leaking from her crotch after I have my way with her
Talking

Hi,

I had my car in ocer 2 weeks for 1 period and then 2 other times for the same problem in the first 2 months that I had it. I contacted the bbb Auto line (lemon Law) and filed a preliminary claim. I then called BMW customer service, told them that I was filing a claim and they put me in touch thru the general manager at the dealership with the regional BMW rep. The BMW rep approved the car replacement on the spot to avoid the lemon law process. The car was ordered for me on Monday as they do not one with the packages that I have. I am getting an 06 in place of my 05 that is 2 months old. My problems were I-drvie and other crazy electronics problems. I hope this helps. the key is getting to the regional BMW rep in your area and threating with the BBB lemon law process. It only takes 3 services for the same problem in order to pursue the lemon law. I hope this helps !!! BMW wants to prtect their reputation at all cost.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:38 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by stoogefan' date='Apr 6 2005, 10:32 PM
Hi,

I had my car in ocer 2 weeks for 1 period and then 2 other times for the same problem in the first 2 months that I had it. I contacted the bbb Auto line (lemon Law) and filed a preliminary claim. I then called BMW customer service, told them that I was filing a claim and they put me in touch thru the general manager at the dealership with the regional BMW rep. The BMW rep approved the car replacement on the spot to avoid the lemon law process. The car was ordered for me on Monday as they do not one with the packages that I have. I am getting an 06 in place of my 05 that is 2 months old. My problems were I-drvie and other crazy electronics problems. I hope this helps. the key is getting to the regional BMW rep in your area and threating with the BBB lemon law process.? It only takes 3 services for the same problem in order to pursue the lemon law. I hope this helps !!! BMW wants to prtect their reputation at all cost.
[snapback]112264[/snapback]
BMW is truly great, lately, in standing behind their product, and making the customer happy. However, in your case, after reading your problems.. i-drive is software driven, and unless the software changes, you will have the same problems. if the software is upgraded, they could have upgraded your car as well...

I am happy for you, and you obviosuly did better, but I hope you don't have the same problems
Old 04-06-2005, 07:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i SMG. Titanium Grey with Grey interior and Anthracite wood.

4 times or 30 days for the same problem is instant Lemon in California. I used this for my 545 wich BMW bought back. I would call you salesman and tell them.

"So on (date) I will see you to order my new car or turn over my current car since my car will be in your shop for 30 day on the same problem."

Make sure you add up your days the car is in the shop. Before you do this, go to the BMW serice shop see the cashieer and ask for your records on your car. This will tell you exactly when the car was in the shop and you can add up the days from these records. As soon as I told my salesman I was comming in on a specified day. Things started to move with the BMW buyback. You could even give you salesman a new vehicle specification for your "new" car. This will push them. Note, the service manager handles the buyback, not the sales department. Also, if BMW offers to buyback your car, make sure you have a list of the items you have spent on the car you can not take off. Window tint will not be reinbursed, but personal license plates will.

I hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Dealer has had my car for 21 days now, HELP!!!