Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

customer service issue...

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 06:55 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had my E60 in service for steering issue and a small body paint job.

The SA called me today and asked me to return the loan car, because they are short off it. Many E9x are having fuel pump pressure issue and they need a lot of loaners to serve these customers. I said, okay then will you give me another loan car even like toyota is fine. He goes, No, we don't give loaners for body works. I goes, I need to figure out how to commute first... I said I will call him back.

1) is that true, no loaner for body works customers?
2) is E9x have fuel pump recall or so?
3) am I being treated unfairly?
4) should I bring it up to BMW NA during survey?

This SA pissed me off big time last week for not returning my messages all week. I left him few messages everyday for a week! I had my E60 running with steering warning for days until I felt being left out. I was freak too out because I cannot drive a new car with steering warning third times in half year. I finally spoke to his manager and very uneasy, I finally get my current loaner.

I just read somebody in this forum complaint a dealer for not fixing a mirror and software update. my case is much more serious then his and could cause accident. What is my rights toward this situation? Should I return my loaner and rent a car at my cost?

Thanks.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:04 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It?s difficult to understand exactly what you are saying since you indicate the car is in the shop for body work and then you cite a "steering warning".

If you had an accident and the car is in the shop, most dealers don?t give out loaners. However, since the loaner policy is up to the dealer, I cannot fathom why you would complain to BMW.

Now, if you can reconcile what you are saying about two different kinds of problems and all that, we can provide further insight into this.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:14 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I turn it in for 2 reasons. Major for steering malfunction. Second, mine as well do the body work too. I wouldn't turn in my car for just minor body paint job, I do it only with service or fix.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:28 PM
Senior Members

Let?s try a different approach.

If they told you, when you brought the car in, that you would have a loaner for the duration of the visit, regardless of what they were doing, you really are entitled to keep the loaner you have.

If they made an honest mistake, well, even then, since you already have the loaner, they shouldn?t push you too much for it.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Exactly what JS said... if they said they were going to give you a loner for the entire duration then you should be entitled to keep it.

and yes usually there's no loner provided for body work. I always get a loner whenever i take my car in regardless of what its being serviced for. but when I took it in to install the M-Tech kit I did not get a loner.