Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Customer Care

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 06:35 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today I called BMW North America Customer Care to enter a sales complaint about my dealer. I won't go into the details of the complaint here, but after telling the agent my issue she thanked me and told me my complaint would be sent to the dealership.

At that point I said I've been trying to resolve this with the dealership and I want someone from BMW North America to get involved. She told me that all of the dealers are franchises and BMW North America has not control over the sales practices of the dealerships.

I was astonished when I heard this. Why wouldn't BMW North America be concerned about how their dealers are selling their cars?
Old 03-29-2006, 05:10 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by kehenaguy' post='261707' date='Mar 28 2006, 10:35 PM
I was astonished when I heard this. Why wouldn't BMW North America be concerned about how their dealers are selling their cars?
They are. From my experience they do take complaints seriously but what do you expect them to do? In any mediation they need to hear both sides to find a solution (if there is one). And if it's a franchised dealer then the dealer has *some* independence from BMWNA.

What ever the case I hope it gets worked out for you.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:12 AM
Members

Originally Posted by ImolaRedM' post='261879' date='Mar 29 2006, 06:10 AM
They are. From my experience they do take complaints seriously but what do you expect them to do? In any mediation they need to hear both sides to find a solution (if there is one). And if it's a franchised dealer then the dealer has *some* independence from BMWNA.

What ever the case I hope it gets worked out for you.
I agree that they need to hear both sides. But the impression the agent gave me is thay my complaint wouldn't reach anyone at BMW North America. Hopefully she was just mis-informed.