Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Crossing the Atlantic

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 01:23 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I just got onto the tracking site for W/W and found that my car has left Southhampton, UK, and is destined for Charleston, SC. The long wait is nearing it's end.

I have already got snow tires(18") and new rims/tires(19") for it, just waiting to get put on when I arrive with the car.

Did I mention that I am excited.

Anyone know how to get location of the ship at sea. Coast Guard maybe?

Still triing to decide if I want a spoiler. I was thinking of the Breyton or similar.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:27 PM
Contributors

Hey, your new car is on it's way. Why aren't you excited?

Old 10-15-2004, 01:36 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 Sapphire Black 545i, Auburn interior, PDC, Fold-down rear seats, Nav, Premium sound

I remember reading somewhere in the FAQ (under the section talking about how long it takes to build the car) about how you can track where the ship is in the ocean
Old 10-15-2004, 01:39 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by CRRobert' date='Oct 15 2004, 10:23 PM
Well, I just got onto the tracking site for W/W and found that my car has left Southhampton, UK, and is destined for Charleston, SC. ? ? The long wait is nearing it's end.

I have already got snow tires(18") and new rims/tires(19") for it, just waiting to get put on when I arrive with the car.

Did I mention that I am excited. ? ?

Anyone know how to get location of the ship at sea.? Coast Guard maybe?

Still triing to decide if I want a spoiler. I was thinking of the Breyton or similar.
[snapback]45255[/snapback]
That is Great news!!! take a camera with a lot of storage for all of the pictures and then post them.

Oh boy, am I becoming more and more envious! More of us are finally getting the car we have been waiting for. I still have about a month left to wait.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:53 PM
Contributors

I remember reading somewhere in the FAQ (under the section talking about how long it takes to build the car) about how you can track where the ship is in the ocean
Yeah, I am looking at that right now. I am triing to find out what the call sign is for my ship. I have the name, but there are alot of vessels with the same name.
Old 10-15-2004, 02:42 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 Sapphire Black 545i, Auburn interior, PDC, Fold-down rear seats, Nav, Premium sound

did you manage to find it?
Old 10-15-2004, 03:02 PM
Contributors

I was able to get on the web sites, but with so many ships named Patriot (Coast Guard Site), I was unable to find it yet. I sent an email to W/W to see if I can get the call sign/VIN which would help narrow it down. I narrowed it down to the Freight ships, but none of those had made a weather report to show up in that area of the ocean. Does anyone know what Flag W/W generally fly under?? Most listed were USA.
Old 10-15-2004, 04:55 PM
Members

What did you use to track your car - was it the VIN number or some special tracking code. I'm waiting for my car to come home from Euro Delivery but couldn't get the W/W site to accept the VIN number.

Thanks for you help.
Old 10-15-2004, 08:12 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ZC ED545' date='Oct 15 2004, 05:55 PM
What did you use to track your car - was it the VIN number or some special tracking code. I'm waiting for my car to come home from Euro Delivery but couldn't get the W/W site to accept the VIN number.

Thanks for you help.
[snapback]45341[/snapback]

I was able to enter my VIN into the W/W website Per this thread in the FAQ, and it gave me the ship, voyage, and I was able to get estimated dates on port arrivals. I have not been able to get a ship Call Sign to track at sea. I just know when it left the UK port, and will arrive in US Port. Looks like it will be about 11 days crossing the Atlantic.

Others threads I have read, say that if it is a different shipping company, you won't be able to track it.
Old 10-15-2004, 08:13 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ZC ED545' date='Oct 15 2004, 05:55 PM

Thanks for you help.
[snapback]45341[/snapback]

I was able to enter my VIN into the W/W website Per this thread in the FAQ, and it gave me the ship, voyage, and I was able to get estimated dates on port arrivals. I have not been able to get a ship Call Sign to track at sea. I just know when it left the UK port, and will arrive in US Port. Looks like it will be about 11 days crossing the Atlantic.

Others threads I have read, say that if it is a different shipping company, you won't be able to track it.

Quick Reply: Crossing the Atlantic