Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

CPO'd

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 07:58 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know what it costs a dealer to CPO a 545?

TIA

p.s. - I had no luck with the search feature!
Old 10-05-2008, 08:22 AM
Members

My Ride: 07 550 Blk/Blk Sport, HUD, Night Vis, Actv Str, Logic 7 w/ HD & Sat, iPOD, Cold Wthr, Comfrt access, shades, 20x vented seats, rear heat splt fold, K40 Radar 03 525 Kalahari Beige / Tan, Sport, little Dinan stuff

Actual COST may be somewhat relative to the pay in a perticular dealer labor force but when I was looking at used cars, dealers quoted me between $750 and $1250 to CPO a qualified car in Chicago-land

Don't know if that helps
Old 10-05-2008, 09:55 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by deviandia' post='685707' date='Oct 5 2008, 12:22 PM
Actual COST may be somewhat relative to the pay in a perticular dealer labor force but when I was looking at used cars, dealers quoted me between $750 and $1250 to CPO a qualified car in Chicago-land

Don't know if that helps
My last personal experience was in 2002 and it was $800 to CPO my Roadster. The better part of the deal was the BMWCCA rebate that I double-dipped on - first when I leased it and then when I flipped the lease and bought it. They have since closed that loophole and it's now 1 BMWCCA promotion per vehicle.
Old 10-05-2008, 01:05 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alot of factors can factor into this.

Car A:
Under inspection might need a whole set of brakes and rotors, lose door handle replaced, software update, oil change, new tires, and full detail.

Car B: Maybe just a full inspection, new tires, and full detail.

So car A might cost 3k to get CPO'd and car B only 1.2K.

It's not just a flat cost on each car. If your wondering what kind of a value CPO adds to a car its about 3Kish.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Black Saphire/Black Dakota Leather- Loaded- M5 Appearance Package, Sport Package, Pro logic 7 Premium Sound, Navigation, Cold Weather Package, Comfort Package, Heads-up Display, park Distance Control, Bluetooth, Active Steering, Electric Rear Sunshade, Rear Folding Seats, Front/Rear Heated Seats, Xenon lights, Satelite Radio- Extended Maintenance, CPO (Considering Tire/Wheel Insurance)

Originally Posted by skylolow' post='685829' date='Oct 5 2008, 05:05 PM

Car A:
Under inspection might need a whole set of brakes and rotors, lose door handle replaced, software update, oil change, new tires, and full detail.

It's not just a flat cost on each car. If your wondering what kind of a value CPO adds to a car its about 3Kish.

+1 on $3k...
Old 10-06-2008, 04:22 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by skylolow' post='685829' date='Oct 5 2008, 04:05 PM

Car A:

skylolow - thank you, just what I needed.