Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Class Action Lawsuit

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 10:06 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks "cobradav" this is the type of response I was looking for.

I am a newbie and I guess I am just trying to walk before I can crawl. I love this board and we have tons of members who are I know much smarter then I am and I am just trying to get their prospective on this and nothing more than that.

And yes I am a big fan of Jake "The Snake" Roberts...therefore my SN.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

MY dealer here in EU saw just at the delivery that the parts wooden trims were scratched yes 0,0001 mm he said he will change it next time, then someone scratched the gear selector leveler it was done by the factory BUT my dealer replaces it and got some gifts too.
-----

Originally Posted by jakethesnake' date='Aug 10 2005, 12:54 AM
It seems like everyone has some sort of complain with the quality of BMW workmanship, i.e. door seals, transmission lag, windows won't close, doors come open middle of driving...etc.? We have to take time out of our busy life to take care these issues with a brand new cars that we spent over 50-100K on it and not to mention the heartache that goes with this problems.?

Sometimes the issue(s) get resolved by the dealer without a fight and sometimes you have to fight all the way to the top (BMWNA), and even then they'll tell you sue me if you want to resolve the problem!!!!!

Since we do live in a land of the lawyers, I am very surprise that no one has filed a classaction lawsuit against the BMW or any other car mfg for that matter.?

I am sure we have couple of lawyers on this forum who can shed light in this matter.

Would it be easy to file a this type of claim or there are certain laws that protect the car mfg from these types of defects in their car....
[snapback]157668[/snapback]
Old 08-10-2005, 11:28 AM
Senior Members

No.

While the overall quality of earlier build e60s ought to be better, the fact remains that you'd have to build a whole bunch of dangerous shitbox cars to be subject to a class action lawsuit. And, if you bulid a bunch of dangerous cars that do dangerous things to their users, you ought to be sued by lawyers.

Secondly, do e60s have a bunch of problems compared to other cars? I suspect that they do, compared to many. Love the car, but I've never owned a vehicle in my life that's been in the repair shop more. Oh, I take that back. 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC. Keeping a 2004 (or possibly a 2005) e60 outside of warranty would be absoultely insane.

If one reviews this board, it's full of nightmare stories about one repair problem after another. So, objectively speaking, I'm not sure you can flame this guy out for thinking his e60 sucks, just becuase yours doesn't. Yet.

Just a thought.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:10 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, Orient Blue, Black Interior, Sport Package, Satellite

Originally Posted by jakethesnake' date='Aug 10 2005, 07:59 AM
There is a saying that weak people are like snakes.? ? Run that one backwards relative to your user name.
[snapback]157927[/snapback]
I don't get it...why are you guys taking this so personally??? It's just a question...at least I am a better then you and I don't attack someone personally.
[snapback]157930[/snapback]

Look at the the items you reference in your question. Most of the items are very infrequent and those that are are minor. There are a lot of people who comment on transmission lag who I think are being very picky- I don't notice anything. So, do those items above point to a need for a class action lawsuit? It's a real stretch. And sorry, but your selected user name in proximity to the mention of lawyers was begging comment.

I had a MB ML320, now there is a car that deserves a class action lawsuit! (In fact there was one, but it was useless to me as an owner-- the lawyers sure liked it though.) Nothing I've seen on this forum, or experieced with a BMW, points to the need for such a thing.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:37 PM
Senior Members

(After reviewing initial post once again.)

Doors open by themselves, while driving? (Not the doors driving; someone driving.)
Old 08-10-2005, 01:57 PM
Members

My Ride: 05 545i silver

Originally Posted by Evenflow545' date='Aug 10 2005, 03:28 PM
No.

....I'm not sure you can flame this guy out for thinking his e60 sucks, just becuase yours doesn't. Yet.? ?

Just a thought.
[snapback]157991[/snapback]

Old 08-10-2005, 02:09 PM
Members

My Ride: 525d se auto. black sapphire, 17" 5 spoke 138 style alloys. dark poplar trim, charcoal flat weave cloth, bluetooth phone prep, dimming rear view and side mirrors, lumbar support, heated front deats, phone cradle

like people have said, nothing is perfect and if you expect everything to be perfect then you really need a reality check. I think as long as BMW take any claims you have seriously, what more can you ask? My car has tranny lag, bent aluminium strip along the window. thats it. And the BMW delear got me in the quickest amount of time, gave my car a valet, gave me a identical courtesy car and a polite technician saying he was sorry about our problems. Although these are minor problems, can you complain about the way BMW dealt with the situation? We all love our e60s. lol