Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Class Action Lawsuit

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 08:50 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

No! this has been discussed before... theres NO benefit for us consumers with this crap... all it does is make lawyers pockets bigger wtih green paper. what the heck would I do with $20 of winnings?

Previous expressed opinion.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...ndpost&p=133646
Old 08-10-2005, 06:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Aug 9 2005, 11:50 PM
No! this has been discussed before... theres NO benefit for us consumers with this crap... all it does is make lawyers pockets bigger wtih green paper. what the heck would I do with $20 of winnings?

Previous expressed opinion.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...ndpost&p=133646
[snapback]157745[/snapback]

I feel pretty good about being able to get $50 out of Apple. They needed to answer for the iPod issues.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:47 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Bimmer06530i' date='Aug 9 2005, 07:26 PM
I have no interest in your ridiculous suggestion.? While many on this board have apparently endured a similar series problems with their E60, compared to the E39 which many considered a fairly reliable car, warranty claims on the E60 by comparison are much lower.

Don?t asked BMW, asked their dealer service managers who have seen warranty service income drop.

I know what a woody you must be getting talking about a ?class action lawsuit?.? Maybe you think you?re the guy that will get the 10% fee for organizing the suit.? Zip it up.

Don?t get too excited.? Your president has signed the Class-Action Lawsuit Reform of 2005 Into Law.? Lawsuits like this will never see the light of day again.

Good Night
[snapback]157674[/snapback]
Easssssy......I am not a lawyer or have any interest in filing a class action lawsuit. As I said before, since we do live in a land of lawyers no one has caught on to this?

I just "wanted to know" if it was possible to do so based on complains by others. Although, I would want BMW to compensate customers for their time for defective product ensuring better quality product.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone in here. I hate lawyers just as much as anyone else, but I think they're necessary evil.

BTW...Bimmer06530i sounds like you're a quality control inspector at the BMW....
Old 08-10-2005, 07:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, Orient Blue, Black Interior, Sport Package, Satellite

Originally Posted by jakethesnake' date='Aug 9 2005, 03:54 PM
It seems like everyone has some sort of complain with the quality of BMW workmanship, i.e. door seals, transmission lag, windows won't close, doors come open middle of driving...etc.? We have to take time out of our busy life to take care these issues with a brand new cars that we spent over 50-100K on it and not to mention the heartache that goes with this problems.?

Sometimes the issue(s) get resolved by the dealer without a fight and sometimes you have to fight all the way to the top (BMWNA), and even then they'll tell you sue me if you want to resolve the problem!!!!!

Since we do live in a land of the lawyers, I am very surprise that no one has filed a classaction lawsuit against the BMW or any other car mfg for that matter.?

I am sure we have couple of lawyers on this forum who can shed light in this matter.

Would it be easy to file a this type of claim or there are certain laws that protect the car mfg from these types of defects in their car....
[snapback]157668[/snapback]

There is a saying that weak people are like snakes. Run that one backwards relative to your user name.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:59 AM
Members

There is a saying that weak people are like snakes.? ? Run that one backwards relative to your user name.
[snapback]157927[/snapback]
I don't get it...why are you guys taking this so personally??? It's just a question...at least I am a better then you and I don't attack someone personally.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Easy there ZinMe, I don't think his question was totally out of line given some of the apparently common problems folks have had with this car. I also feel that BMW has addressed them as well as could be done and that a class action lawsuit is not appropriate (and usually never is!). But we don't need the personal attack based on his login ID.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:05 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Mystic Blue/Black Leather Type 124 Wheels

You dont hear about those of us who have no problems on the forum

I know many many more E60 that have no problems than ones that do
Old 08-10-2005, 08:09 AM
Members

Originally Posted by E60Speed' date='Aug 10 2005, 11:05 AM
You dont hear about those of us who have no problems on the forum

I know many many more E60 that have no problems than ones that do
[snapback]157935[/snapback]
I agree, I have had the car since June-05 and knock on wood I haven't had any problems at all. It's all quite on western front so far and hope it stays that way.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

It probably is easy to get a skewed view of what is happening quality wise by focusing on this or similar forums. We are enthusiasts after all and tend to be more critical of our rides than the general public. Just watch newbies as they start reading and asking their first questions about SMG, tranny slam, rough idle, etc. Software glitches forget it, especially when updates are provided to those than request them. But if you look at it in an expression of % on this board and then the general population it just doesn't compute to much of an issue in the big picture.

If u remember some of the quality surveys that get a far more representative population BMW does not fare bad at all. The only time you really see small numbers get attention is when it comes to occupant or general public safety. Then u could have a small % impact cause a more vitriolic response up to and including class action suits.

U cannot blame jakethesnake (wrestling fan??) for at least posing the question given this countries lawyers' proclivity to take on any cause for $$, however.

Plus he got some juices flowing didn't he
Old 08-10-2005, 09:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Agreed, cobradav! As I have stated a number of times in other threads, this forum reminds me of my days managing a restaurant. You usually only heard from the unhappy customer, while the happy customer went home quietly, but came back!

Quick Reply: Class Action Lawsuit