Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Cheapest Install for Siruis in Chicago area?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 09:37 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire, BLK Anthracite. STEPTRONIC, NAV, Cold wthr Pack., Logic 7, Style 116, Bluetooth, Moto v710, CIP 18.x

Who is the Cheapest Install for Siruis in Chicago area?
Can u still get 1 free year subscription?

Thanks-
Old 10-13-2005, 04:57 PM
Contributors

Hey pitpro - My 550 is coming with Sirius installed so I can't help you much here. Have you gotten a price from a dealer (Fields or Knauz)? How about Circuit City?
Old 10-16-2005, 08:26 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire, BLK Anthracite. STEPTRONIC, NAV, Cold wthr Pack., Logic 7, Style 116, Bluetooth, Moto v710, CIP 18.x

Originally Posted by tachyon' date='Oct 13 2005, 07:57 PM
Hey pitpro - My 550 is coming with Sirius installed so I can't help you much here.? Have you gotten a price from a dealer (Fields or Knauz)?? How about Circuit City?
[snapback]183943[/snapback]
Fields wanted 895., way too much. I was hoping to save myself some calling around by getting thebest price here form someone in Chicago that's had it done.
Have fun with the 550. Saw ur pics looks great. You must be darn near the first one around here-
Old 10-16-2005, 09:56 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525i Silver Gray/Auto/Prem/Xenon/Nav/Sirius

Originally Posted by pitpro' date='Oct 13 2005, 10:37 AM
Who is the Cheapest Install for Siruis in Chicago area?

Thanks-
[snapback]183769[/snapback]
Yep.. cheapest. That's what you want for your $50K car...
Old 10-17-2005, 09:59 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Clevertrousers' date='Oct 17 2005, 12:56 AM
[quote name='pitpro' date='Oct 13 2005, 10:37 AM']Who is the Cheapest Install for Siruis in Chicago area?

Thanks-
[snapback]183769[/snapback]
Yep.. cheapest. That's what you want for your $50K car...
[snapback]185126[/snapback]
[/quote]

No, I want to be the fool who pays top price. It's a plugin radio module for pete sake.
And mine was 60k not 50k, bought not leased. And I shopped around before I paid the 60k!
But I guess some like bending over.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:54 PM
Members

Originally Posted by pitpro' date='Oct 17 2005, 10:59 AM
No, I want to be the fool who pays top price.? It's a plugin radio module for pete sake.
And mine was 60k not 50k, bought not leased. And I shopped around before I paid the 60k!
[snapback]185287[/snapback]
No, I want to be the fool who pays top price - You wanted "cheapest".
It's a plugin radio module for pete sake - Self install?
And mine was 60k not 50k - You have a relatively expensive car, and its not the entry level for this model.
Bought not leased - Buying is the more expensive route.
And I shopped around before I paid the 60k! - For the most expensive deal?

Really, I didn't say YOU were cheap!
Old 10-17-2005, 08:52 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Clevertrousers' date='Oct 17 2005, 06:54 PM
[quote name='pitpro' date='Oct 17 2005, 10:59 AM']No, I want to be the fool who pays top price.? It's a plugin radio module for pete sake.
And mine was 60k not 50k - You have a relatively expensive car, and its not the entry level for this model.

[snapback]185438[/snapback]
[/quote]

I am cheap. That's why I was looking for the "cheapest" install of Sirius in Chicago.
Use the search function- people on this board from locales other than mine are paying $450.-$500. to have this option activated. But a lot of dealers are trying to charge $900-$1000. I do want CHEAPEST. A BMW dealer is a BMW dealer, cheaper install at an authorized service center doesn't imply inferior, as your retort implied.( Yep.. cheapest. That's what you want for your $50K car) Just a better price.
Buying is not more expensive than leasing. This simplistic answer is naive. Leasing vs buying is never an absolute. Individual mileage driven, how long one keeps a car, the imputed interest rate, the way sales tax is handled in your state(In Illinois, one has to pay full sales tax at the beginning of the lease, and if you want to buy the car at the end of the lease, you have to pay it again.), deductibility, whether one likes to customize their car, AND how much one has sitting in short term funds.
Do a discounted cash flow analysis of buy and lease, using the current 5.2% MF for a 530i vs. "lending" yourself personal short term funds at an opportunity cost of 3.39% ,assuming Illinois sales tax rules, leasing loses! Then also factor that the lessee only gets credit for a portion of that sales tax at lease end if you lease another BMW. If you want another brand you are back to paying full sales tax again. Whereas the buyer of the same vehicle only pays sales tax on the difference from trade-in when he buys(or leases) when he wants a new car.
Rule #1 for wealth creation- Do not borrow money for a depreciating asset. This applies whether you borrow to buy or borrow to lease.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:10 PM
Members

Originally Posted by pitpro' date='Oct 17 2005, 09:52 PM
[quote name='Clevertrousers' date='Oct 17 2005, 06:54 PM'][quote name='pitpro' date='Oct 17 2005, 10:59 AM']No, I want to be the fool who pays top price.? It's a plugin radio module for pete sake.

[/quote]

I am cheap. That's why I was looking for the "cheapest" install of Sirius in Chicago.
Use the search function- people on this board from locales other than mine are paying $450.-$500. to have this option activated. But a lot of dealers are trying to charge $900-$1000. I do want CHEAPEST. A BMW dealer is a BMW dealer, cheaper install at an authorized service center doesn't imply inferior, as your retort implied.( Yep.. cheapest. That's what you want for your $50K car) Just a better price.
Buying is not more expensive than leasing. This simplistic answer is naive. Leasing vs buying is never an absolute. Individual mileage driven, how long one keeps a car, the imputed interest rate, the way sales tax is handled in your state(In Illinois, one has to pay full sales tax at the beginning of the lease, and if you want to buy the car at the end of the lease, you have to pay it again.), deductibility, whether one likes to customize their car, AND how much one has sitting in short term funds.
Do a discounted cash flow analysis of buy and lease, using the current 5.2% MF for a 530i vs. "lending" yourself personal short term funds at an opportunity cost of 3.39% ,assuming Illinois sales tax rules, leasing loses! Then also factor that the lessee only gets credit for a portion of that sales tax at lease end if you lease another BMW. If you want another brand you are back to paying full sales tax again. Whereas the buyer of the same vehicle only pays sales tax on the difference from trade-in when he buys(or leases) when he wants a new car.
Rule #1 for wealth creation- Do not borrow money for a depreciating asset. This applies whether you borrow to buy or borrow to lease.
[snapback]185537[/snapback]
[/quote]

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia." But only slightly less well known is this: "Never invest time in a dead thread"
Old 10-19-2005, 06:14 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Clevertrousers' date='Oct 19 2005, 06:10 PM
[quote name='pitpro' date='Oct 17 2005, 09:52 PM'][quote name='Clevertrousers' date='Oct 17 2005, 06:54 PM'][quote name='pitpro' date='Oct 17 2005, 10:59 AM']No, I want to be the fool who pays top price.? It's a plugin radio module for pete sake.

[/quote]

[snapback]185537[/snapback]
[/quote]

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia." But only slightly less well known is this: "Never invest time in a dead thread"
[snapback]186355[/snapback]
[/quote]

is something burning with this thread? Just kidding! I'll stay out of it.