Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Can't Decide Which Color for '05 545i

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 04:59 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i Jet Black/Black, Sport Package, Satellite

<_<

Greetings:

Having a real hard time picking the color combo for my new 545i......looks great in Black/Black (but I'm afraid of keeping it clean all the time and would need to drop extra for chromed rims)....other options are the Silver Titanium/Black (though everybody in the world seems to have a Silver and it's a real light-looking--almost white-looking--silver) or Mystic Blue/Gray Leather (lighter blue that I have on my current 330i).....there was a dark green (not the olive) that looked nice today, but I don't have the balls to order a green car........IMHO, the 5 series tends to look better in darker colors since they seem to pick up the lines of the car better....HELP!!
Old 12-12-2004, 05:03 PM
Senior Members

welcome aboard, elchevere ! i have ti-gray w/black leather. not too dark, not too light .
Old 12-12-2004, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard, elchevere !
Old 12-12-2004, 05:44 PM
Members

what about oriental blue, just got one myself.
Old 12-12-2004, 06:25 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by elchevere' date='Dec 12 2004, 08:59 PM
<_<

Greetings:

? Having a real hard time picking the color combo for my new 545i......looks great in Black/Black (but I'm afraid of keeping it clean all the time and would need to drop extra for chromed rims)....other options are the Silver Titanium/Black (though everybody in the world seems to have a Silver and it's a real light-looking--almost white-looking--silver) or Mystic Blue/Gray Leather (lighter blue that I have on my current 330i).....there was a dark green (not the olive) that looked nice today, but I don't have the balls to order a green car........IMHO, the 5 series tends to look better in darker colors since they seem to pick up the lines of the car better....HELP!!
[snapback]68475[/snapback]

welcome

you may want to look through the member galleries, there are alot of color combo's to get ideas from...good luck
Old 12-12-2004, 06:37 PM
Senior Members

I love my black an black, but it is damn hard to keep clean. Black is by far the easiest interior to keep clean, and silver would be an easy exterior color as well. I think the lighter colors tend to show the lines better than the dark. Look at the Gallery.
Old 12-12-2004, 06:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

I have mine Silver gray / black. A pretty good color combination. I'm not sure you like white but my fav color combination is Alpine White / Auburn. It's your choice after all. Good luck!
Old 12-12-2004, 07:25 PM

There was an earlier survey a few weeks ago about color combinations. I believe there was a tie between Silver Gray and Black as the most popular exterior colors. I do not recall the most popular interior colors with these exteriors, but I would guess that Silver Gray (ext) with Gray (int) is most popular and Black on Black is most popular. Depending on where you live, you may also consider Silver Gray with Black interior.
Old 12-12-2004, 07:28 PM
Members

My Ride: 525i - titanium silver - sport package - premium package - bi-xeon -

silver on black easy to mentain and looks awesome
Old 12-12-2004, 07:54 PM
Senior Members

Black is the best for exterior - no competition when it's clean. It's deep and liquid, the car looks cleaner and the lines flow better. It is a royal pain to keep clean - you have to like to keep your car spotless if you really want to appreciate black.

If you are more laid-back I would get silver - looks great and it's a great dirt color. Silver with black interior looks really sharp.

Quick Reply: Can't Decide Which Color for '05 545i