Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Buy Back

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 04:18 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

I'm looking for the member that posted about BMW buying back his car that he had so much trouble with.I believe the post was about a week or so.Did a search and scrolled thru the posts with out any luck.TIA
cheers
vern
Old 04-29-2005, 05:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545, Auto, Sport, L7, Pdc, Sunshades, Silver Gray/Black, 19x8.5/9.5 Monet Wheels, Michelin PS A/S Tires, Full M-KIt, B&B Exhaust, 20% Llumar Tint

I'm not the guy that you are thinking off but FYI...my 545 was bought back with the help of BMWNA and my dealer for bad paint
Old 04-29-2005, 07:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525i Jet Black, keep my passenger seat extra clean after I(married/3kids) drop off my new mistress(half black/half indian gives great head even though I have Jock itch/yeast infection), don't want anything leaking from her crotch after I have my way with her

Hi,

I am one of the ones where BMW is buying back my 05 525i. I had so many electronics problem that I gave them an ultimatum thru the BBB lemon laws.

I had issues with radio not turning off with no key in the ignition. AC system turning off on it's own while driving. Dinging when there is no key in the ignition and no doors open. Idrive system constantly resetting, on and on.

The resolution that I accepted was a replacement car. (the problem car was only 2 months old). I had to order a car which involved getting an 06 instead of an 05. THe car is in transit and I am still driving the problem one until received. (hopefully 2 weeks)

I will tell you from my experience that BMW does not want to go as far as getting the BBB lemon law involved. Then it becomes public. I needed 2 approvals. (the regional manager from BMW and the service manager at the dealership). Both were very willing to take the car back and replace.

I hope this helps.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:39 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, Orient Blue, Black Interior, Sport Package, Satellite

I recently had Mercedes buy back our ML320. We documented our problems, talked to the dealer and talked to the regional manager for over a year before they agreed to do it. What tipped the scales in our favor were two things: (1) we had an electrical problem that took them three weeks to fix and we refused to return our loaner car and pick up our ML when they claimed it was fixed and (2) we hired a lemon lawyer that had been very successful against Mercedes. They finally agreed to repurchase at a reasonable price, but it took way too long to get them to agree. I will never buy a Mercedes again. The other idea we had, which we didn't pursue, was to buy big decals of lemons with the words "Smythe European sold me this lemon." Drive into the dealer with that sometime.