Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

BMWNA 545i $500 dealer incentive? Is it real?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by concerned' date='Aug 14 2004, 02:00 PM
There is no point in providing the number of the BMW bulletin issued on Jul 15 as your dealer can tell you that number doesn't exist just as easily as they can tell you that they have never heard of such a bulletin.
But there is a point in providing the bulletin number. It not only helps to validate what information you have but also gives samyt some additional ammunition to approach the dealer with. It's not that anyone is doubting you but please realize that there is plenty of disinformation on the internet and it's difficult to believe everything you read without more specifics.

Sure, some dealers may deny any knowledge of this incentive -- other's may not. It clearly sounds to me as if you have a particular beef with dealers and are assuming they all lie. Your posts are full of negativity towards dealers.

Isn't it possible that a dealer might actually want to help a customer -- maybe to keep him happy so he'll give them future business? Isn't it possible that a dealer may not have heard of this incentive but if given more specifics, they might actually find out about it? Isn't it possible that if a dealer is lying, having this information might help bust him in the lie?

I think the point of a forum like this is to provide as much information and help as possible. I see no valid reason why you can't offer all the information you have -- especially since you choose to remain anonymous.
Old 08-14-2004, 01:56 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hear hear
Old 08-14-2004, 01:57 PM
Members

Hey Rudy.... Thanks for your efforts to help those of us who "could" actually benefit from this incentive.

It looks as though a roadfly subscriber made their way over to our site. Oh well, lets not let them spoil our party.

In the event someone finds some written proof of the incentive that I can share with my dealer, I would be greatly appreciative you posting it.

Hey, can't get me down..... my car is on the truck.....
Old 08-14-2004, 05:28 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Ajax545' date='Aug 14 2004, 03:57 PM
Hey, can't get me down..... my car is on the truck.....
Ajax,

Your car is on the truck?? On the way to the dealer or to the VPC? I haven't checked in a few days, but I thought it would be at the VPC by this weekend.

and out of the VPC by Tuesday. (yeah rite!) But I can hope!

I know I am getting that $500 incentive. I've already made a HUGE stink about it with BMWNA and with my dealer. I'm just wondering how long the delay will be, the longer it is, the more I will request to have knocked off the price. I will keep everyone posted on how much I actually get back.

Right now, I cold just care less about the incentive, I just want my car!!!
Old 08-14-2004, 08:11 PM
Members

545 6Speed,

Yes, my car arrived at the California port this past Thursday and I was told it should arrive at the dealership by mid week.