Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

BMWNA 545i $500 dealer incentive? Is it real?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 05:21 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am picking up my car today and I need to know if this incentive is real, does anybody has a confirmation about this?

Thanks
Samy
Old 08-13-2004, 05:50 AM
anon

It's real
Old 08-13-2004, 10:17 PM
Members

Where did you guys hear/see this? I asked my dealer about this and he didn't seem to know anything about it.
Old 08-14-2004, 05:45 AM
concerned

Your dealer is a) an idiot
b) can't read
c) doesn't have a computer
d) a liar
e) all of the above

Your dealer just doesn't want to share any of the $500 with you.

Why is it you don't want to believe the people who are trying to help you?
Old 08-14-2004, 05:52 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by concerned' date='Aug 14 2004, 03:45 PM
Your dealer is a) an idiot
b) can't read
c) doesn't have a computer
d) a liar
e) all of the above

Your dealer just doesn't want to share any of the $500 with you.

Why is it you don't want to believe the people who are trying to help you?
I plead for d), he is a liar who doesn't want to share and that makes him automatically a)...
Old 08-14-2004, 06:18 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

anon/concerned,

It's hard to take your "help" seriously without additional information. Do you have something specific that samyt can take back to his dealer? I imagine there's some sort of program ID number or something that internally identifies this incentive -- is that something you can provide?
Old 08-14-2004, 07:04 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545iA Titanium Silver/Gray, Poplar----Cold Weather Pkg, Comfort Seats, Logic 7 Audio, Heated Rear Seats

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Aug 14 2004, 08:18 AM
Do you have something specific that samyt can take back to his dealer? I imagine there's some sort of program ID number or something that internally identifies this incentive -- is that something you can provide?
In addition, the original post from Das stated UNSOLD units. That implies the incentive would only apply to cars abandoned by customers or units never sold.
Old 08-14-2004, 10:00 AM
concerned

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Aug 14 2004, 08:18 AM
It's hard to take your "help" seriously without additonal information.? Do you have something specific that samyt can take back to his dealer?? I imagine there's some sort of program ID number or something that internally identifies this incentive -- is that something you can provide?
Rudy:

Please feel free to take "help" any way you wish. It's your privilege. The way I see it your dealer has 500 reasons to lie to you. I have none! There is no point in providing the number of the BMW bulletin issued on Jul 15 as your dealer can tell you that number doesn't exist just as easily as they can tell you that they have never heard of such a bulletin.

I personally am very disappointed that you find it "hard" to take the help seriously without additional "info". The next time someone shares some info with me that has the potential to save the readers thousands of dollars I will probably just forget about sharing it with the board. BMW NA is providing BMW dealers with a $500 per car payment for all units retailed on Jul 15 or later which had the DME problem. BMW NA is doing the right thing by providing this money to the dealers in order for them to do something appropriate for everyone who had the DME problem even if they took delivery prior to Jul 15. I really don't think that BMW NA is sending this money to the dealers so that they could just put it in their pockets. Do you?

Why not spend some time this week-end visiting a couple of the BMW dealers in the Pittsurgh area and ask them. I'm willing to bet you that they will tell you they have never heard of such a program. So much for dealer integrity!
Old 08-14-2004, 11:50 AM
Contributors

I like the info. Don't care much for the tone though...
Is this what happened to roadfly?
Old 08-14-2004, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by Flowerfred' date='Aug 14 2004, 03:50 PM
I like the info. Don't care much for the tone though...
Is this what happened to roadfly?
It's looking a bit like it, I'm sad to say...

Quick Reply: BMWNA 545i $500 dealer incentive? Is it real?