Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

BMW warranty

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 06:09 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i Alpine White on Black interior, Sport and Premium Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Mtec V2.1 angel eyes,Hoen Fog Lights, Full M-Tech kit, ACS pedals, LED plate lights, CF Steering Wheel badge, CF Titanium trim, OE

i was just wondering in terms of moding your car which part is a "no no" to do cause it will void you warranty??
sorry guys i just have no idea! thanks in advance!!
Old 10-09-2008, 10:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by euro2nv' post='689534' date='Oct 9 2008, 10:09 PM
i was just wondering in terms of moding your car which part is a "no no" to do cause it will void you warranty??
sorry guys i just have no idea! thanks in advance!!
================================================== ==============================

Dear euro2nv:

When I started modding mine out in 2006, and to be safe side, I would ask my local BMW dealer parts manager Gil, or my SA, sometimes the BMW extended warranty representative, if I did this mod change to my e60 530i, to a e60 M5 Replica (SEE BELOW), if would it jeopardize my BMW Warranty in anyway, (at times I know I about drove them nuts with intense BMW e60 questions, but I don't care, that's their jobs, and BMW NA and they are all making money off us BMW owners, and besides I can sleep at night knowing I still have my BMW Warranty),

But they always said to just use Genuine BMW e60 parts, and you should have no problems on little things in order to keep your BMW warranty, but they all said DO NOT mess with the Suspension with quality 3rd party companies as I originally intended to do, but my SA said if I did anything other than cosmetic changes, it could jeopardize that Suspension part of my BMW warranty, and they told me also: DO not mess with my idrive or engine either, but only stay with cosmetic changes until my warranty runs out.

I have found over the years they are right, but their expensive, but to be on the safe side, and as a pain in the a!? that it is, I always ask first my local BMW dealer parts manager and my SA, first before doing a mod on my BMW e60 in order to keep my BMW warranty in tact.

Hope this helps, feel free to IM me or post here if you have any questions on some mods Vs your BMW warranty, and good luck with your mods!!

R. Eddie Presley aka Presley348
Old 10-10-2008, 08:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Alpine White on Black interior, Sport and Premium Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Mtec V2.1 angel eyes,Hoen Fog Lights, Full M-Tech kit, ACS pedals, LED plate lights, CF Steering Wheel badge, CF Titanium trim, OE

Originally Posted by Presley348' post='689698' date='Oct 9 2008, 11:24 PM
================================================== ==============================

Dear euro2nv:

When I started moding mine out in 2006, and to be safe side, I would ask my local BMW dealer parts manager Gil, or my SA, sometimes the BMW extended warranty representative, if I did this mod change to my e60 530i, to a e60 M5 Replica (SEE BELOW), if would it jeopardize my BMW Warranty in anyway, (at times I know I about drove them nuts with intense BMW e60 questions, but I don't care, that's their jobs, and BMW NA and they are all making money off us BMW owners, and besides I can sleep at night knowing I still have my BMW Warranty),

But they always said to just use Genuine BMW e60 parts, and you should have no problems on little things in order to keep your BMW warranty, but they all said DO NOT mess with the Suspension with quality 3rd party companies as I originally intended to do, but my SA said if I did anything other than cosmetic changes, it could jeopardize my BMW warranty, and they told me also: DO not mess with my idrive or engine either, but only stay with cosmetic changes until my warranty runs out.

I have found over the years they are right, but their expensive, but to be on the safe side, and as a pain in the a!? that it is, I always ask first my local BMW dealer parts manager and my SA, first before doing a mod on my BMW e60 in order to keep my BMW warranty in tact.

Hope this helps, feel free to IM me or post here if you have any questions on some mods Vs your BMW warranty, and good luck with your mods!!

THANKS!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2008, 10:00 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 530i premium package/active steering/auto sunshade/tiag/black dakota leather/logic 7 35% tint all around 19' DPE GT7

I modded all sorts of stuff on my e46 while still under warranty and my dealer had no problems with any of it in terms of voiding warranty. The only time that the mods could void warranty would be if the dealer could prove that the specific mod is what caused the warranty issue. For example if you put H&R sport springs on the car the dealership can not tell you that now the engine is not covered under warranty, however they probably won't warranty any issues with the shocks and struts.

With my e46 I had a cold air intake and catback exhaust and the engine light came on one time, upon inspection they found the problem to be my MAF which I thought for sure they wouldn't warranty it due to the intake but they did and they even said likely the cause of the problem was my intake. I guess it will depend on how nice your dealership is also.

How that helps, happy modding
Old 10-11-2008, 10:37 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 535xi
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Presley348' post='689698' date='Oct 10 2008, 02:24 AM

Dear euro2nv:

When I started modding mine out in 2006, and to be safe side, I would ask my local BMW dealer parts manager Gil, or my SA, sometimes the BMW extended warranty representative, if I did this mod change to my e60 530i, to a e60 M5 Replica (SEE BELOW), if would it jeopardize my BMW Warranty in anyway, (at times I know I about drove them nuts with intense BMW e60 questions, but I don't care, that's their jobs, and BMW NA and they are all making money off us BMW owners, and besides I can sleep at night knowing I still have my BMW Warranty),

But they always said to just use Genuine BMW e60 parts, and you should have no problems on little things in order to keep your BMW warranty, but they all said DO NOT mess with the Suspension with quality 3rd party companies as I originally intended to do, but my SA said if I did anything other than cosmetic changes, it could jeopardize that Suspension part of my BMW warranty, and they told me also: DO not mess with my idrive or engine either, but only stay with cosmetic changes until my warranty runs out.

Uh oh. What about wheel spacers voiding the warranty? Maybe I better toss em before the dealer sees them...