Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

BMW purchase assist

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 02:04 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well ive reached the point where ive had all the dealer visits i can stand....so i started the process for a trade assist, I probably wouldnt have gone that route but when i had my 5er in the shop last week for a transmission problem(when i put the car in reverse sometimes it shakes violently and then makes a loud clunk noise then all is normal) i got it back and drove it to alabama to see some family while i was there it did it again so i called my service rep at the dealership and asked him what they plan to do about it because i was tired of all these damn visits. I swear my vehicle has been in the shop more than ive driven it in the past year.So anyways he leveled with me and said that the problem i was having was not a known problem and as such it probably would be a long time before BMW fixed it persay....so he gave me the complaint number and i let them have it so now my service rep said he will let me know when the factory rep comes in....so anyways to make a long post even longer for those of you who have done this how difficult of a process was it and what type of deprecition formula did they use mileage, wear, ect.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:34 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

honestly ... for me so far it was almost too easy it seems.

i complaint, talked witht he General Sales Manager, a BMW rep came, they talked for 2 hours .... same day they said they will help me, took a week till they said it will def happen, another week & they said they will replace the car for no money out of my pocket.
last week i placed the order, got my order confirmation & i should have new car w/in the next month & 1/2.

I guess the hardest part might still come, when it comes to resigning the lease.

Good Luck - I hope yous will be as easy as mine was.

--marco
Old 06-05-2005, 06:14 AM
Members

why a harder part when you resign the lease? Aren't just going to move over the lease to your new car? No other haggling has to be done right?
Old 06-05-2005, 07:00 AM
Members

I think he means knowing hes locked in again for a car that might malfunction.......am i the only one who actually bought his car?